No joy. Guess I'll be the lab rat for this problem

#42 Henry

Henry
  • Members
  • 115 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ve

Posted 30 July 2006 - 07:41 PM

He didnt tell anyone in advance. Asawa was the 1st forum that I joined and I really enjoyed it up till about the last 6 months it really went down hill fast. To much fighting , name calling and foul mouths. That wont happen here. They might try it but they wont last long.
TIM

I think it was more than the past six months it was deteriorating into a hostile envoirnment, but there was about one week in June 06' it was the same frriendly site it was when I first visited. It was the first week, then it all started again. If Bob would have started banning trouble makers and putting a waiting time to be able to post, it may have cleaned it up there. I know you have rules here, but Bob had rules too, and the members refused to honor the agreement for membership. I feel that says a lot about a person myself, and people are very resistant to change. If they did not honor those rules they will not honor the rules here either. You will be banning those members I hope, or this will be the heading the same way as Asawa. This thread has already deviated from the original topic, same as Asawa :lol: . Not that it is so bad, but it's the same. As I always say"Good Luck!"

Henry

#43 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:05 PM

Well I think not banning the trouble makers was the down fall of Asawa. You can bet your bottom dollar I will ban them in a heart beat. We have a great site here with great members and I plan to keep it that way.
TIM

#44 chirel

chirel
  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Arts & Crafts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 30 July 2006 - 08:32 PM

I was a member of Asawa site for over a year but last week I feel sad when I read that Bob post that the forum will be closed.
Then I read the reply of Tito Jorge about this site where people can try and I did.
I noticed alot of asawa member are here too, and this site is much pleasant.

Hopefully this site will continue as good as it was started and help alot of people.

#45 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 30 July 2006 - 11:49 PM

I was a member of Asawa site for over a year but last week I feel sad when I read that Bob post that the forum will be closed.
Then I read the reply of Tito Jorge about this site where people can try and I did.
I noticed alot of asawa member are here too, and this site is much pleasant.

Hopefully this site will continue as good as it was started and help alot of people.

Thats our goal

#46 Carrisse

Carrisse
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • te

Posted 31 July 2006 - 04:12 AM

Hopefully the MAUs* won't cross over here.

*Multiple Account Users
Gawd I'm so beautiful!

#47 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 31 July 2006 - 09:28 PM

Dont worry Carrisse, I have something for them if they do. :(
Tim

#48 angelnoah

angelnoah
  • 259 posts
  • ve
  • Local Office:Baltimore

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:39 AM

Hi all,

I feel the same with most of the posters here...it was a sudden great loss of information for me when I learned about asawa's closing..indefinitely, that is. I still hope and pray that Bob would still one day revive it. From the first time that I started the walk in the US immigration timeline, I have learned a lot in advance before I take a stride forward, until the time that I am now here in the US.

Meantime, while I was clicking on the sites that Bob posted below his post, I saw the replica of asawa in this forum. I am also hoping that this will be as good as asawa or if not would become better than asawa, :D when it comes to helping Fil am couples undergoing the US immigration walks.

I am congratulating the mods here in making another helpful forum not only for me but for others.

God bless you all! MWAh!

#49 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 01 August 2006 - 02:44 AM

Hi angelnoah, I'm happy that you joined us.
TIM

#50 angelnoah

angelnoah
  • 259 posts
  • ve
  • Local Office:Baltimore

Posted 01 August 2006 - 03:20 AM

Hi Tim,

Thanks so much for welcoming me too...

Keep up the good work guys!

#51 eurowoman

eurowoman
  • Members
  • 510 posts
  • em

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:32 PM

hello. my fiance and i were asawa members too. call us slow, but we only found out this evening that asawa has closed and it almost threw us into a panic :blink: like most (if not all) of you guys, asawa has helped us a great deal. but we are thankful for this forum. i believe that in time, this would also grow as big as asawa. good luck guys :D
Visit our website and blog: http://www.capilihansen.com

Our Multiply: http://maeve27.multiply.com

>>>TIMELINE short version<<<

Oct 2, 2006 = Peter's 4th visit to PI
Oct 5, 2006 = Got Peter's Legal Capacity to Marry
Oct 30, 2006 = Marriage license on hand
Dec 29, 2006 = OUR WEDDING DAY
Jan 30, 2007 = Peter flew back to Denmark
Feb 28, 2007 = Peter moved to Sweden
March 5, 2007 = CFO Seminar
March 9, 2007 = Got new passport with married name
March 19, 2007 = Submitted application for visit visa to Sweden
March 20, 2007 = Interview and submitted booking certificate
March 28, 2007 = SCHENGEN VISA APPROVED
April 14, 2007 = Visa on hand
April 16, 2007 = Peter's 5th visit to PI
April 24, 2007 = FLY TOGETHER TO SWEDEN
May 2, 2007 = Applied for EU residence card
June 10, 2007 = Swedish Migration Board asked for additional documents
July 10, 2007 = Application for EU residence card - APPROVED
July 12, 2007 = Applied for personbevis (their version of SSN) at Skatteverket
July 20, 2007 = Personbevis arrived in the mail
July 24, 2007 = Applied for Swedish ID Card
Aug 3, 2007 = EU residence card arrived in the mail
Aug 28, 2007 = Got my Swedish ID Card

#52 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 01 August 2006 - 05:36 PM

hello. my fiance and i were asawa members too. call us slow, but we only found out this evening that asawa has closed and it almost threw us into a panic :blink: like most (if not all) of you guys, asawa has helped us a great deal. but we are thankful for this forum. i believe that in time, this would also grow as big as asawa. good luck guys :D

It will as long as we keep getting nice folks like you and your husband joining us. Welcome to WOF.
TIM

#53 kaizen

kaizen
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca

Posted 03 August 2006 - 04:12 AM

i love asawa.org. I've learned so much from the interview experiences of the members. Even the way documents are supposed to be arranged. I felt saddened by the fact that it's close now.
I'm sure, and i'm happy, that The World of Filipinas is here. I found a new home :D

#54 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 04 August 2006 - 07:02 PM

I'm happy that you feel at home here. Enjoy the site.
TIM

#55 txtechrob

txtechrob
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te
  • Local Office:Houston

Posted 08 August 2006 - 01:52 AM

I think all of you will learn that it takes time to build a good forum but the way this one is being run and moderated will prove to be better than what asawa had become. Just spread the word of TWF and get good knowledgeable members here. I think there is a good base of good posters here lets self police the forum and keep it a good quality venue for those of us in fil/west relationships to exchange ideas and support.

This forum is what we make it lets keep it going and get good fellow members to join and contribute to the forum.
ROB

October 2 will always be a good day for me... in 2004 I came back from Iraq, in 2006 my babies Visa was approved!

#56 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 08 August 2006 - 02:38 AM

I agree 100% rob,
TIM

#57 Kby175

Kby175
  • Members
  • 544 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Houston

Posted 09 August 2006 - 10:28 AM

Asawa was a good forum. The last 6 months or so seemed there were quite a few internet toughguys. Made some good friends there as well as my fiance.

Just wish there was some kind of warning or something was said instead of a total shutdown out of the blue. Maybe it had been coming for awhile. Would have been nice to have some kind of heads up.

Glad word of mouth got to my fiance about this site so she can continue her friendships she made on Asawa and maybe I can meet some new friends as well.

If things turn into some type of money issue here please set up some kind of paypal or something to give us a chance to help out. :D

Thank you for all the great work!

#58 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:31 PM

I'll never ask the members for money, But for those that wish to donate to the site you will find the make a donation button at the top of the site. I didnt start this forum to make money. I started it to give people a place to go, to learn about the world of their gf or wife ( thats how the name of the site was born lol ) and also a place to have fun and to make new friends with other people that are going through the same thing they are.
I hope everyone is enjoying the site.
God Bless
TIM

#59 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 09 August 2006 - 12:47 PM

There kind of was warning about asawa shutting down, when Bob trimmed the forums. That's when Hawk made this site (I believe) and started inviting people. Bob put most of the trimmed forums back, but he had stated at that time that he did not enjoy running asawa anymore. That was pretty much the writing on the wall.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#60 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 09 August 2006 - 01:01 PM

Your right, Bob had cut it down to pretty much a visa only site. I thought the forums that he cut out was what made Asawa a great place ,so when he cut them out I started WOF and added those forums here. I'm sure glad I did or we all would have been running all over the net looking for a new place to call home after he shut it down.
TIM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users