Photo

Poll for the games

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Poll: Poll for the games (43 member(s) have cast votes)

keep the games

1. yes (25 votes [58.14%])

Percentage of vote: 58.14%

2. no (18 votes [41.86%])

Percentage of vote: 41.86%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 23 October 2006 - 05:42 PM

Deleted.

Edited by MrkGrismer, 21 November 2006 - 06:28 PM.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#22 sterlingsilver

sterlingsilver
  • Members
  • 1,406 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • te

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:14 PM

QUOTE(MrkGrismer @ Oct 23 2006, 12:42 PM) View Post

I don't understand, are people not able to get their information here? Are questions being ignored?

That is just it....Even if they are answered, how could the person ever find their post again. When you are new to forums, they are harder to navigate. You and I have been on for over a year now so its no sweat for us.

What other forums are dedicated to providing fil/am information and have no other discussions about anything else?

What other forums have 1.5 to 3 pages of infantile romper room games before serious subject matter? Game forums do. This isnt a game forum.

Most quality forums run ONE or MAYBE two games at a time.....People have fun with the subject and then make another game and let the older one die. This one has 20 or more sometimes!!!!!!

This forum it's a competition to pad posts and see who can make up the most games before somebody else does.

I dont think games should be banned here.....Just tap the breaks a little. Why have 20 games running at once when 1 or 2 will do? maybe a compromise would be 5 games?
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. Karl Marx

#23 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 23 October 2006 - 06:57 PM

Deleted.

Edited by MrkGrismer, 21 November 2006 - 06:29 PM.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#24 sterlingsilver

sterlingsilver
  • Members
  • 1,406 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • te

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:22 PM

You are correct.....Since this bruhaha started I have noticed the game threads, the number of them, declining. This is new. For the last few months it has been a different story. You wouldnt find even a happy birthday until the second page. Nothing on immigration until the third. the only exception being is if you just happened to be on when the OP posted 1 minute prior.

Your other ideas are good....I like them.....I bet Hawk would like your help in making one or two of those come to fruition.
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. Karl Marx

#25 LadyGrismer

LadyGrismer

Moderator Filipina section

• Moderators
  • 2,348 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:11 PM

i admit, before, this site had never been very exciting and interesting for me, until i found the games section here, it motivates me always to log in, biggrin.gif i like it and i am having fun smile.gif yep! to ease some boredom and homesickness too wink.gif and while gaming i browse some general topics also. Yes, it would be better if we can make it separate or private game? biggrin.gif, i dont know, Good luck Hawk and the moderators, i wish that you could arrive in a more nice idea to settle this. God bless everyone smile.gif

#26 grnskpr

grnskpr
  • Members
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:golf & environmental stewardship

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:14 PM

John, I have noticed a reduction in game posts also, from 44% last week to 25% earlier today. I, too, remember asawa having 1 and ocassionally 2 games running at a time and no one complained.

Mark, you have been on the forums long enough to know the sites that provide valuable information, without the need for games. A couple of the old sites have never offered games, another old site has had 1 game in 3 years and a new site has not offered any games yet. I will refrain from mentioning the names here as there is no need to subject them to a barrage of game posts similar to what WOF has experienced.
"No Man is an Island."

#27 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:26 PM

Deleted.

Edited by MrkGrismer, 21 November 2006 - 06:30 PM.

#28 southerndon

southerndon
  • Moderators
  • 1,661 posts
  • lo

Posted 23 October 2006 - 09:51 PM

Guys

I think I can speak for Tim when I say that he isn't considering "elimating" the games section but more likely will "partition" it off so that it won't interfere with the original purpose of The World of Filipinas.

First and foremost WOF is a "community" where we can meet each other and build those relationships like those that have developed since the beginning.

And through those relationships we help each other. We use our experience,common sense (well sometimes),talents and feelings to support each other.

Tim created 6 sections, not including "forum rules", these sections cover practically every "category" someone could think of when getting into a Fil-Am relationship. Even a few sections that wasn't part of the Old Asawa forum.

On top of that he chose to use this particular BB system because it did have so many features for everyone,him,the moderators, and of course US the members. Use them however you wish. one ways isn't any better or worse than the other. It's all subject to our individual preference.

Now as for the Games, I personally have had several members mention to me how it's becoming annoying to check to see what's going on here in WOF only to find so many "GAMES" sometimes maybe 75% of the new post are GAMES!

If Tim wanted to create a FIL-AM game forum with additional sections that we just might be able to get some useful information while were playing...well Tim would have done JUST THAT.

But he didn't!

He created a site for us to:
  • come get information
  • stay in contact
  • express opinions
  • and support one another!

The games section is JUST an additional benefit for those that want to play...not the Purpose of WOF!

I look at it like having a television with only 3 channels, no remote, and 2 of those 3 have objectionable programming. I chose NOT TO watch the programming that i dont want to but it limits my choices. And to add insult to injury i have to get out of my recliner to change the channel if I dont like what I see. WHAT A PAIN IN THE A**!

I know this forum is important to Tim and he cares about everyone in here. And wants to keep the WOF members happy he knows he can't make everyone happy but I know good and doggone well he tries and I admire him for it...

So, as several folks have suggested, I vote that Tim continue to work on a "Members only" games section where folks can "game" until their heart soars like a hawk, no pun intended, Tim.

I also suggest that we make it easy for Tim and support a "members" only games section for those that want the games here and enjoy playing them...

Southerndon

#29 Smitty91

Smitty91
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location:Home is where the heart is and my heart is with my wife.
  • ca
  • Local Office:Denver

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:08 AM

I now notice that the games section is now password protected. Any insight about this?
Love is a decision... an act of will. ~Fr John Corapi.
The Will of God will never take you to a place where the Grace of God does not protect you. ~unkown
Posted Image + Posted Image = Posted Image
Timelines
Facebook Page

#30 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:26 AM

The password is games. You can also see it on the main page. It looks like this.

SONGS, MOVIES & GAMES
post your favorite's here. Password is "games"
Forum Led by: hibern8r, Mrs. D, Tito Jorge, cutie_chirp, rcars3

Anyone can go to the game section type in games for the password and play all the games you want without it showing up in the new posts section. However if you log into the game section and then go to other section you will see the games posts show up but after you log off the site then come back , you wont see new game posts in the new post box untill you have logged back into the game section.
So if you dont log into the games section you wont see game posts in the new post box.
I hope this makes everyone happy lol
TIM

#31 Mylo

Mylo
  • 621 posts
  • ve
  • Local Office:Buffalo, NY

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:28 AM

Screw the games I'm headed over to BNN.............

cool.gif
Mylo rest in peace 4/1/2000--7/27/2010

It came to me that every time
I lose a dog,
they take a piece of my heart with them.

And every new dog
who comes into my life
gifts me with a piece of their heart.

If I live long enough,
all the components of my heart will be dog,
and I will become
as generous and loving as they are.

Biko welcome to our home Sept. 18, 2010

http://www.itsahuskything.com/

http://siberianhuskyforum.com/

#32 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:37 AM

I think Mylo is having a bad day lol
TIM

#33 Roxas Ron

Roxas Ron
  • Moderators
  • 2,115 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Atlanta

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:40 AM

QUOTE(HAWK @ Oct 23 2006, 07:26 PM) View Post

The password is games. You can also see it on the main page. It looks like this.
SONGS, MOVIES & GAMES
post your favorite's here. Password is "games"
Forum Led by: hibern8r, Mrs. D, Tito Jorge, cutie_chirp, rcars3

Anyone can go to the game section type in games for the password and play all the games you want without it showing up in the new posts section. However if you log into the game section and then go to other section you will see the games posts show up but after you log off the site then come back , you wont see new game posts in the new post box untill you have logged back into the game section.
So if you dont log into the games section you wont see game posts in the new post box.
I hope this makes everyone happy lol
TIM

excellant compromise Tim...thank you biggrin.gif

#34 denterprise

denterprise
  • Moderators
  • 2,962 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, tennis, traveling
  • te
  • Local Office:Orlando

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:43 AM

QUOTE(rcars3 @ Oct 23 2006, 08:40 PM) View Post

excellant compromise Tim...thank you biggrin.gif

I agree, that should end the debate or will it? smile.gif
God is Good all the time

Dave

#35 AndrwMrk

AndrwMrk
  • Moderators
  • 1,913 posts
  • ch
  • Local Office:Chicago

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:47 AM

some comic relief, at my own expense. smile.gif

http://www.careerbui...l/?mid=15198208
"Mix those mixed nuts! I see two almonds touching!"
~Kif Kroker

#36 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:06 AM

Well it should end it. Everyone got what they wanted. The game players can play the games without it showing up in new post box. Everyone wins.
TIM

#37 liahsterling

liahsterling
  • Moderators
  • 1,523 posts
  • te

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:43 AM

QUOTE(Mylo @ Oct 23 2006, 07:28 PM) View Post

Screw the games I'm headed over to BNN.............
cool.gif

Dangit I am gonna have to go protect my posts! They may be missing by morning!

Just kidding buddy.

QUOTE(HAWK @ Oct 23 2006, 08:06 PM) View Post

Well it should end it. Everyone got what they wanted. The game players can play the games without it showing up in new post box. Everyone wins.
TIM

Great work. You are right...Everyone wins. Hard to find situations where that occurs.

#38 grnskpr

grnskpr
  • Members
  • 130 posts
  • Interests:golf & environmental stewardship

Posted 24 October 2006 - 01:56 AM

win-win gotta like it

"No Man is an Island."

#39 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts