#1 urtheone

urtheone
  • Members
  • 132 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:15 AM

Hi guys,

there's somebody here has an idea, what is the reguirements to get a philippines passport of a child?
And what is the requirements of the renewal of the passport also?

thanks Guys,

#2 email4xtine

email4xtine
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • lo

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:44 AM

Hello,

You can view the DFA website for some requirements. Definitely for your child, you will need an NSO birth cert, Application form and passport size pix. When you renew your passport, I believe you can make appoint via online through DFA website. Check it out so you can do it soonest. Remember, when you bring your child - priority kayo sa pila. Good diba!

Regards ...

QUOTE(urtheone @ Apr 4 2008, 02:15 PM) View Post
Hi guys,

there's somebody here has an idea, what is the reguirements to get a philippines passport of a child?

thanks Guys,

#3 Sonia M

Sonia M
  • 1,793 posts
  • lo

Posted 04 April 2008 - 06:50 AM

QUOTE(email4xtine @ Apr 4 2008, 02:44 AM) View Post
Hello,
....... Remember, when you bring your child - priority kayo sa pila. Good diba!
Regards ...

Are you sure? Or depending on what age the child is? It didn't happen when I brought my children up there in DFA. We fell in long line and that time the airconditioner was not functioning and twas especially summer time then.
I am sure for the priority lane for senior citizens though.

Posted Image Posted Image

Please support JIREH LIM, our very own Pinoy Talent, the Prince of Acoustic Love Songs!
https://www.youtube....jireh214/videos

#4 fitz

fitz
  • Members
  • 108 posts
  • Interests:cooking,net surfing,music
  • ca

Posted 04 April 2008 - 09:32 AM

hi,i just applied for my children passports last week @ dfa clark pampanga.since my 2 boys are minor,(5 and 3) it has to be me(their mom) to personally apply for them with the appearance of my 2 boys also. we fell in a LONG line and waited for our turn. i filled out the application form.gave them 3 pcs passport size photos (each applicant) nso bc,our mc and the fee.(500php for ordinary,750 php for express) i hope this could give you idea.

#5 email4xtine

email4xtine
  • Members
  • 17 posts
  • lo

Posted 04 April 2008 - 01:12 PM

Hello,

It happened with my brother specifically. My brother brought my nephew [age 15] and they were assisted immediately. They didn't even stayed long enough at DFA Manila. Siguro my brother just got lucky then. I may be wrong but it my folks experienced it.

QUOTE(soniamull @ Apr 4 2008, 02:50 PM) View Post
Are you sure? Or depending on what age the child is? It didn't happen when I brought my children up there in DFA. We fell in long line and that time the airconditioner was not functioning and twas especially summer time then.
I am sure for the priority lane for senior citizens though.

#6 bevs

bevs

i love my two boys

• Members
  • 1,204 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:02 PM

QUOTE(urtheone @ Apr 4 2008, 02:15 PM) View Post
Hi guys,

thanks Guys,

hello. im here at CDO just got my passport (renewed) and my son new passport. child needs the NSO BC and passport id. mine my old passport and u need to photo copy pages 1-3 and the pages with a stamps. thats all i gave them and after 15 working days i got both passports.

Were Complete , were a HaPpY FaMiLy.

B e V s & A l E x

i love my two angels. they are my GOd's gift.

AOS TIMELINE

NOA1 = 2/18/09
Biometric = 3/10/09
Case Transferred to CSC = 4/01/09
Travel Parole = 4/4/09
EAD = 4/8/09

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/490991

a good paying online survey. with lots of bonus and games that pays.

#7 RIONEUGENE

RIONEUGENE
  • Members
  • 2,217 posts
  • Interests:To praise the Almighty God for the blessing upon us, to love, to care my kids,family and the love of my LIFE Mahal*
  • ch

Posted 04 April 2008 - 03:17 PM

QUOTE(urtheone @ Apr 4 2008, 06:15 AM) View Post
Hi guys,

thanks Guys,

Hi Nelz:

I got the passport of my girls last July 5, 2007 I brought their birth cert, school Id's and baptismal cert but DFA staff asked me only the Birth Cert.

Philippine passport renewal:

http://www.passports.com.ph and do the following steps

Select province - Metro Manila
Select City - Quezon City
Filled up the online form - make sure you have the following details, passport number, date/place issued
Select date when I wanted it to be picked up

That Simple! Next, just have to wait for the Aboitiz to pick up the documents.

Edited by RIONEUGENE, 05 April 2008 - 12:59 AM.

Rio&Don

#8 Sonia M

Sonia M
  • 1,793 posts
  • lo

Posted 04 April 2008 - 04:19 PM

QUOTE(urtheone @ Apr 4 2008, 02:15 AM) View Post
Hi guys,
thanks Guys,

Just like what others have advised here:
1) NSO-duly authenticated BC
2) 3 Identical/recent passport-style photos (I highly recommend photos taken from Great Image Studio. DFA and even USEM approved all of the photos we presented, including my B1/B2-Visa photo. You can find Great Image from most of SM Malls anywhere in the Phils.)
3) Ballpen to fill up the application form
4) Small transparent plastic pouch to insert the photos inside and to be stapled on the application form
5) Passport Fee of P550 for regular; P750 or something for express lane
6) Bring the child with you when applying

Please support JIREH LIM, our very own Pinoy Talent, the Prince of Acoustic Love Songs!

#9 urtheone

urtheone
  • Members
  • 132 posts
  • lo

Posted 04 April 2008 - 10:18 PM

hi Guys,

thank you so much of your all replies. The chid of my sister is under one year old.

Hi Bevs,

Only the 3 pages need to be copy? Or from the first pages theres a stamp, and the last page also?

Hi Rio,
Thanks......

Salamat sa lahat...........

#10 bevs

bevs

i love my two boys

• Members
  • 1,204 posts
  • ca

Posted 05 April 2008 - 12:46 AM

QUOTE(urtheone @ Apr 5 2008, 06:18 AM) View Post
hi Guys,

thank you so much of your all replies. The chid of my sister is under one year old.

Hi Bevs,

Only the 3 pages need to be copy? Or from the first pages theres a stamp, and the last page also?
Hi Rio,
Thanks......

Salamat sa lahat...........

hi. photo copy the pages 1-3 and the last page. then do a photo copy of pages with stamps on it, if u did able to use your passport for travel on different country, if not then nevermind it.

Were Complete , were a HaPpY FaMiLy.

B e V s & A l E x

i love my two angels. they are my GOd's gift.

AOS TIMELINE

NOA1 = 2/18/09
Biometric = 3/10/09
Case Transferred to CSC = 4/01/09
Travel Parole = 4/4/09
EAD = 4/8/09

http://www.treasuretrooper.com/490991

a good paying online survey. with lots of bonus and games that pays.

#11 cutievangie

cutievangie
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:playing games on the computer, chatting with friends
  • ch

Posted 09 January 2012 - 03:59 AM

Hi everyone. I am also planning to get a passport for my two kids because their application is already at the NVC. My kids are both minor (6 and 10 y/o) I have read that one of the requirement is personal appearance with me, their mom, since they are minor and illegitimate, but that is not possible as I am here in the US. How can I get their passport in this situation?
[color="#00FFFF"]
Dec 03, 2009 - arrived in Minneapolis Minnesota
Jan 10, 2010 - Got Married
Feb 23, 2010 - Sent my AOS
Mar 08,2010 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD, Travel Doc
Mar 11,2010 - Reaceive Biometrics Schedule on Mar 26
mar 26,2010 - Biometrics done
Mar 27,,2010 - Case transferred to CAlifornia
May 11, 2010 - Received n y travel parole
may 25, 2010- Received my EAD
May 28,2010- Passed written driving test YAY

#12 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 09 January 2012 - 05:21 AM

Vangie,

You'll have to send authenticated "Special Power of Attorney," and "Affidavit of Support," (not the USCIS Affidavit of Support), to a relative in the PI acting as caretaker for your kids, but the SPA and Affidavit from the Philippines Consulate website. These two legal documents will have to be authenticated ("red-ribboned") at the Philippines Consulate serving your area. If you are in California, there is a shortcut way to avoid going in person to the Phil Consulate. In other states, the process for getting the Authentication may vary.

--Ray B

Hi everyone. I am also planning to get a passport for my two kids because their application is already at the NVC. My kids are both minor (6 and 10 y/o) I have read that one of the requirement is personal appearance with me, their mom, since they are minor and illegitimate, but that is not possible as I am here in the US. How can I get their passport in this situation?

#13 Sonia M

Sonia M
  • 1,793 posts
  • lo

Posted 09 January 2012 - 07:09 AM

Vangie,

You'll have to send authenticated "Special Power of Attorney," and "Affidavit of Support," (not the USCIS Affidavit of Support), to a relative in the PI acting as caretaker for your kids, but the SPA and Affidavit from the Philippines Consulate website. These two legal documents will have to be authenticated ("red-ribboned") at the Philippines Consulate serving your area. If you are in California, there is a shortcut way to avoid going in person to the Phil Consulate. In other states, the process for getting the Authentication may vary.

--Ray B

Wow. that's tough. I hope this serves as a guide to all parents who are going to leave their minor children behind them. Don't leave the country without getting the passports for our little angels.

#14 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • ca

Posted 09 January 2012 - 02:54 PM

There is no end to the amount of difficulty in having children obtain visas with the help of relatives long after the parent is in the U.S. No matter how we advise new couples to bring the children with the mother, they are always certain it can be handled "later," after "adjustment to the U.S.," or "when the kids finish school."

The process is much easier if the legal parent returns to the Philippines and spends 6 weeks or so there to go through all the hoops for the NSO documents, the Phil passport, medical exam and interview. That may be okay for gals who don't have good employment in the U.S., whose husbands are tolerant of long absences by the wife (I'm not), and whose husbands can afford $2,000+ to send the wife back to the Philippines to do something that should have been done when she immigrated to the U.S.

I am working with one mother whose child is in Nepal. Even after sending a Special Power of Attorney to allow a grandfather to accompany the child to the U.S. Embassy there, the Nepal bureaucrats working in the U.S. Embassy are standing on ceremony to reject the Special Power of Attorney because the notary authentication (Apostile) is on a separate page, and because the clerk there thinks the whole thing is a photocopy rather than original (it is not).

Guys, these fiancees or spouses are "package deals." If you bring the "babe," bring the "babies" at the same time.

--Ray B

Wow. that's tough. I hope this serves as a guide to all parents who are going to leave their minor children behind them. Don't leave the country without getting the passports for our little angels.

#15 cutievangie

cutievangie
  • Members
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:playing games on the computer, chatting with friends
  • ch

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:07 PM

I am sure that every mother do not want to leave their kids, but even how much i wanted to bring them i decided not to because I am not sure what will be my life in US. I wanted to make sure that when i get them we can give them a better life and we will be able to support them. Being in the US doesnt guarantee us that we will have a better life.

I am from Minnesota and it is under the jurisdiction of Chicago Embassy. Does it mean I have to go to Chicago to get the documents authenticated?
[color="#00FFFF"]
Dec 03, 2009 - arrived in Minneapolis Minnesota
Jan 10, 2010 - Got Married
Feb 23, 2010 - Sent my AOS
Mar 08,2010 - Received NOA for AOS, EAD, Travel Doc
Mar 11,2010 - Reaceive Biometrics Schedule on Mar 26
mar 26,2010 - Biometrics done
Mar 27,,2010 - Case transferred to CAlifornia
May 11, 2010 - Received n y travel parole
may 25, 2010- Received my EAD
May 28,2010- Passed written driving test YAY

#16 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • ca

Posted 09 January 2012 - 06:58 PM

Vangie,

You should be able to complete the SPA and Consulate-formatted "Affidavit of Support", and get them notarized locally if you can get "apostille" authentication for the notary authority, without going to the Consulate in person. In some states the Phil. consulates will accept local county clerk authentication of notary authority, in lieu of the State-authorized "apostille" to accompany the document. The Consulate fee for "red-ribbon" authentication is then about $25 per document.

If this isn't clear, email me at raybacon1@gmail.com and we can arrange for me to explain the process by phone.

--Ray B

I am sure that every mother do not want to leave their kids, but even how much i wanted to bring them i decided not to because I am not sure what will be my life in US. I wanted to make sure that when i get them we can give them a better life and we will be able to support them. Being in the US doesnt guarantee us that we will have a better life.

I am from Minnesota and it is under the jurisdiction of Chicago Embassy. Does it mean I have to go to Chicago to get the documents authenticated?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users