4 replies to this topic

#1 Fshatoge

Fshatoge
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • Texas

Posted 06 July 2016 - 04:31 PM

Hi everyone, I am new to this site but after reading from here I see its a great site for me too.

Anyway I was in Iraq way to long and met a Filipina there. We married in Manila on a K3, then when I left Iraq 5 years later I brought her to Texas with me. That's when the massive scamming by her and her family started. Needless to say she had to go.

Now for the rest of the story....

SHE filed for divorce from Arizona and we were divorced in 2014. But she wasn't a citizen of the US yet. She married another man there and scammed him of all his health insurance and in the process of divorcing him now too. Oh yeah, she was a keeper...lol.

Anyway, I want to marry another Filipina with a K1 and bring her over as soon as I can. I was told that there are certain things I need to do to remarry even with a K1. I know my ex needs an annulment to remarry THERE.

My question is because I am American what needs to happen or what kind of problems am I facing because SHE filed for divorce and not me?

I just returned from a perfect vacation with my new lady July 2 and want to get the K1 started FAST.

We went to Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan and all over the P.I.

I really need good direct advice ASAP

Thanks all

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,769 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 06 July 2016 - 10:29 PM

If you have a valid U.S. divorce from the first FIlipina, there are no obstacles to your using the K1 fiancee visa procedure to bring a new marriage prospect to the U.S.

--Ray B

Hi everyone, I am new to this site but after reading from here I see its a great site for me too.

Anyway I was in Iraq way to long and met a Filipina there. We married in Manila on a K3, then when I left Iraq 5 years later I brought her to Texas with me. That's when the massive scamming by her and her family started. Needless to say she had to go.

Now for the rest of the story....

SHE filed for divorce from Arizona and we were divorced in 2014. But she wasn't a citizen of the US yet. She married another man there and scammed him of all his health insurance and in the process of divorcing him now too. Oh yeah, she was a keeper...lol.

Anyway, I want to marry another Filipina with a K1 and bring her over as soon as I can. I was told that there are certain things I need to do to remarry even with a K1. I know my ex needs an annulment to remarry THERE.

My question is because I am American what needs to happen or what kind of problems am I facing because SHE filed for divorce and not me?

I just returned from a perfect vacation with my new lady July 2 and want to get the K1 started FAST.

We went to Cambodia, Vietnam, Thailand, Japan and all over the P.I.

I really need good direct advice ASAP

Thanks all

#3 Fshatoge

Fshatoge
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • Texas

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:18 AM

Thanks Ray, its just that I read that sometimes the divorce is questioned by the Philippine government if its started by the non American citizen spouse. That it has to go through some kind of court proceedings to make sure its legit.

Being apart these past few days is killing my new lady and myself, We want this done fast and smooth. We had a wonderful 10 weeks together and need a lifetime more.

#4 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,769 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 07 July 2016 - 05:15 AM

Fshatoge,

How can the Philippine government be involved if your fiancee visa processing has no paperwork interaction with Philippine government agencies?  For a marriage in the Philippines, you could have delays to recognize your divorce, but not with a K1 visa.  The caveat to this, however, is that the CFO seminar tends to request all sorts of fiancee-related evidence on an adhoc basic these days.

--Ray B

Thanks Ray, its just that I read that sometimes the divorce is questioned by the Philippine government if its started by the non American citizen spouse. That it has to go through some kind of court proceedings to make sure its legit.

Being apart these past few days is killing my new lady and myself, We want this done fast and smooth. We had a wonderful 10 weeks together and need a lifetime more.

#5 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,238 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 11:17 AM

The Philippine government won't recognize the divorce since it was filed by in a foreign country by a person holding only Philippine citizenship.

This is a problem only if you remarry in Philippines.  The US government will recognize the divorce as valid since it was filed with, processed by and approved by a US court.

As Ray says, the CFO seminar may be a problem.  The Final Decree is not likely to note the citizenship of the filer, so let her present that document if she is asked for it and say nothing about the ex-wife not being a US citizen when the divorce was granted.

Also the CFO location in Manila is a little easier to work with.  The Seminar in Cebu is handled by a religious order that is hostile to emigration :)

God Bless

Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users