• ch

Posted 09 April 2017 - 02:35 PM

https://ph.usembassy...-southern-cebu/

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:33 PM

Thanks Hawk, I also heard about it already a few times this morning Philippine time from friends who were concerned since my wife and I are in Cebu City right now. I believe the below is what triggered the warning, this couple had been in Cebu before they were caught up north.

2 suspected ISIS members nabbed in PH

In a press conference Thursday, Aguirre announced the arrest of Kuwaiti national Husayn Al-Dhafiri alias Warsh Al-Kuwaiti and Abu Muslim Al-Kuwaiti and his Syrian wife, Rahaf Sina. The two were arrested on March 25 by operatives of the BI's Fugitive Search Unit (FSU), the Armed Forces of the Philippines, and the Philippine National Police on 28th St. in Bonifacio Global City. Local authorities received a tip from the United States Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) stating that Al-Dhafiri has terrorist links and is believed to pose a threat to the national security of the Philippines.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 Gemini

Gemini
  • Members
  • 431 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:06 AM

Is it still safe to travel in Mindanao?

#4 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 12:05 PM

Is it still safe to travel in Mindanao?

Nobody really knows where or when these terrorist will strike, it seems this time they struck Bohol but came up from Mindanao by water.

9 dead in Inabanga, Bohol clash Tuesday, April 11, 2017 CEBU (Updated) -- Military and police officials said that nine people were killed in battle between government forces and suspected Abu Sayyaf bandits in Bohol province on Tuesday, April 11. Five members of the armed group, one policeman and three Army soldiers were killed in the clash that started around 5:20 a.m. Tuesday in Barangay Napo, Inabanga town.

Authorities said the bandits entered the Visayas region from Mindanao by boat.

http://www.sunstar.c...ol-clash-536085

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#5 Gemini

Gemini
  • Members
  • 431 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 11 April 2017 - 04:18 PM

Omg! This is scarry Mr. Lee....sending prayers for the people in Bohol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users