Photo

I'm about to visit Philippines this month, what valid id in the airport should I present?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 simplengbabae

simplengbabae
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ve

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:16 PM

My learner's license and green card are already expired, I have Philippine passport to present in the airport and my cousin was talking about getting an id at DMV though I don't have a license and I have no idea what is it. Any idea guys? 

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:21 PM

If your Green Card has expired, you won't be allowed back into the U.S.

Your passport will allow you to board a plane to get to the Philippines.

--Ray B

My learner's license and green card are already expired, I have Philippine passport to present in the airport and my cousin was talking about getting an id at DMV though I don't have a license and I have no idea what is it. Any idea guys? 

#3 simplengbabae

simplengbabae
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • ve

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

Thanks, Ray B. I have my form I-797C, notice of action issued by USCIS from my submittal of 1751.

#4 simplengbabae

simplengbabae
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • ve

Posted 08 December 2014 - 02:55 PM

If your Green Card has expired, you won't be allowed back into the U.S.

Your passport will allow you to board a plane to get to the Philippines.

--Ray B

Also in my plane ticket I am carrying my husband's family name but in Philippine passport I am using my name when I was single. Will they give me hard time in the airport?  thank you.

#5 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,260 posts

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:30 PM

Go to the DMV and get a State ID. It is the same document as a driver's licens. The difference is that it will not say drivers license at the top of the card to indicate that you do not drive. Present the State ID anytime you are asked for a driver's license.

The I-797C will permit you to return to US & the State ID will serve as your picture ID card.

Carry a copy of your marriage certificate. That and the State ID in your married name will explain the name in the passport. This is something the airport crew will normally be familiar with due to Philippine rules for passport name changes.

The adventures continue
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#6 simplengbabae

simplengbabae
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • ve

Posted 08 December 2014 - 03:59 PM

Go to the DMV and get a State ID. It is the same document as a driver's licens. The difference is that it will not say drivers license at the top of the card to indicate that you do not drive. Present the State ID anytime you are asked for a driver's license.

The I-797C will permit you to return to US & the State ID will serve as your picture ID card.

Carry a copy of your marriage certificate. That and the State ID in your married name will explain the name in the passport. This is something the airport crew will normally be familiar with due to Philippine rules for passport name changes.

The adventures continue
Fritz

Fritz, thank you...hope State id is a one day process DMV is a long way from where we live.

#7 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:07 AM

Thanks, Ray B. I have my form I-797C, notice of action issued by USCIS from my submittal of 1751.

Take your expired Green Card with you, along with the extension letter, and your passport.  

--Ray B

#8 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:30 AM

Also I would suggest you bring an original of your marriage license in case there is any doubt about your current last name.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#9 simplengbabae

simplengbabae
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • ve

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:46 AM

Take your expired Green Card with you, along with the extension letter, and your passport.  

--Ray B

Ray B, thank you. I went to DMV today & was informed that they won't issue a state id for me, all I need to do is to renew my learner's license to have valid id. They asked me to take the computer learner's test & passed it. They gave me interim id but while reading interim doc only serves as confirmation that application is pending....goodluck for me at the airport then...lol

#10 simplengbabae

simplengbabae
  • Members
  • 43 posts
  • ve

Posted 09 December 2014 - 12:50 AM

Also I would suggest you bring an original of your marriage license in case there is any doubt about your current last name.

Mr. Lee, ty I would be bringing that document with me since I'll be travelling with my one yr old. I don't want to have a lot of problem at the airport...lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users