I need help for my friend. They were married in the philippines so when she got here, she received the 2 yrs GC for short period of time i guess, and now it is time to remove her condition. She got an RFe after 4 mos. of submitting. More evidence for joint acct. and income tax, and notarized friend affidavit. But she submitted the joint car insurance and joint utility bills already at first.
1. They have no joint acct. his husband doesnt want to joint her on any bank acct. or mortage and that is final decision (dont ask me coz dont know why lol). So what she did is she joint his husband to her bank acct. instead, and her bank acct. has no many money contents in it, is it alright?
2. His husband has no job ever since he petitioned her, he used to be self-employed before but his business went down. So his husband used a co-sponsor (not sure what is that called), who is his parents when he petitioned her from the philippines. So now they have been ask for income tax for the ROC rfe, do they do same co-sponsor for income tax return, which is his parents right? His parents is rich and he or they are receiving support from his parents.
3. My friend is just started working this year so she wont get the tax return till next year 2014. So it wont help them for joint income tax.
4. His husband asked advice from his personal lawyer (not from immigration lawyer) about this joining acct. and his lawyer strongly said no, you cant do that. so he was advised by the lawyer to remove his name as a petitioner by calling the immigration without telling his wife coz he was told that his wife can remove her condition or apply it by herself (they are still married). Now i think he just called the immigration customer services or maybe he just asking question about it, because he was told from the immigration, that it is too late to remove his name because theyre already close or they gone so far already about the process, so the application wasnt withdraw i guess . Would it be creating problem or issue in the future?. I ask my friend to call the immigration to make sure that it is still on the process or the status still active without mentioning that her husband just called them to remove his name as a petitioner. And it is still active or still on the process.
5. If they get divorce, can she apply by herself right thru divorce right? But the problem is, her 2 yrs. GC is already expired. Does she still have a chance? Just in case they will end up to the divorce while everything is on the process.
Please give advice regarding the joint acct. and the income tax return. The friend affidavit she got it already.... Thanks ahead woofers. God bless.
Edited by nicely, 14 August 2013 - 10:36 PM.