There are several tabs along the top, each of which reveal a number of settings pages:
- Privacy Options
- Here you can configure whether to subscribe to email updates from the board administrator, and whether to allow other members to send you emails
- Time Zone
- Here you can configure your time zone. This is necessary to ensure that times across the community are shown correctly.
- Personal Messenger Options
- Posting Settings
Change Email Address
- You can use this tool to change the email address that is associated with your account.
- You can use this tool to change the password that you use to log in.
Change Display Name
- Depending on your permissions, you may be able to use this tool to change your display name which is used across the community.
- You may use this area to store any notes or information that you want to keep.
- This page will show you all of the attachments you have uploaded to the community and the amount of space you have left. The bar at the top shows you how much of your allocated upload space you have used. Below this is a table containing information on all of the attachments you have submitted.
If you are running out of space, you can delete some old attachments by selecting the checkbox on the right-hand side of the table for the attachments you want to delete, and then pressing the Delete Selected button at the bottom of the table.
Change Profile Information
- Here you can configure settings related to profile comments, such as how you want to be notified when someone comments your profile and whether you want to approve new comments.
- Here you can configure options related to your friends, such as how you want to be notified when someone adds you as a friend and whether you want to approve friend requests.
- Profile Information
- Here you can set your birthday and choose how many latest visitors to show on your profile.
- Other Information
- Here you can configure all other information that is shown on your profile.
Change About Me Page
Here you can change the content of the 'about me' section on your profile.
Here you can change your signature that is displayed at the bottom of posts.
How to add signature?
- Click the edit signature
- Put your content to the text box , text or images .
- Done putting content? Hit the button to save your signature content.
Here you can change your photo that is displayed in your profile and other areas on the community.
How to add profile photo?
- Click the change photo.
- Next is click the browse button and browse the photo you want to be displayed on your profile.
- Done browsing the photo for your profile? Hit the button to save your profile photo changes.
Here you can change your avatar which is the image that displays next to your posts.
How to add avatar?
- Click the change avatar.
- Next is click the browse button and browse the photo you want to be displayed as your avatar Or use the alternative way of uploading avatar by putting the complete direct url of the image you want to be displayed as your avatar on the 2nd box.
Note: Make sure when you upload the image your avatar must be no bigger than 100 pixels by 140 pixels in size.Uploaded avatars from your computer must be no larger than 50 KB. Otherwise you will get a random errors. File types allowed: gif,jpg,jpeg,png
- Done browsing the photo for your avatar? Hit the button to save your avatar changes.
Manage Ignored Users
Here you can manage your ignored users. You can choose to ignore all posts from a member, block them from sending you personal messages, or both.
To add a member to your ignored list, type their name into the "Member's Name" box. As you type, suggestions will appear below the box. When you see the name of the member you want to add, click on it. Then select either or both of the check boxes below. Selecting "Ignore Personal Conversations" will mean they cannot send you messages and their messages in group conversations will be hidden, while "Ignore posts" will hide their posts in the forums. When you are ready, click Save Changes.
Some members, such as administrators, cannot be ignored.
If you wish to stop ignoring a member, select "Remove" in the table, or to switch on or off the different types of ignoring, click the relevant link under the "Ignore Posts" or "Ignore Messages" columns.
- Board Display Settings
- View/Posting/Email Prefs
- Here you can see all of the topics and forums that you are currently subscribed to.
To change the type of notification or to unsubscribe, select the checkbox on the right-hand side of the table for the subscriptions you want to change, then select the new type from the dropdown menu at the bottom of the table, and then click with selected.