4 replies to this topic

#1 majorsco

majorsco
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None

Posted 23 February 2015 - 10:34 AM

Hello all,

I've been coming to the Philippines since 1998 and got married to my Filipina wife in 1999 in the US after bringing her to the US on a K-1 visa using information I got from being a member of the Mag Anak ListServe group, which I understand has morphed and changed into this forum.

I now live in the Philippines full time since I retired and have lived here for over three years.  My wife and I have two beautiful kids who are now attending school here in the Philippines and are enjoying life in the tropics instead of buried under feet of snow.

My wife and I, mostly her, have helped several people achieve their K-1 visa status and their subsequent marriages to Americans including two of our nieces with more in the the works.  

Well that's it.

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:47 PM

Mabuhay!

As a note, this forum is not an outgrowth of Mag Anak ListServ, although some of the people on that can be found here.

This forum has historically excelled at providing on-point immigration advice for those seeking it, IMO.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 23 February 2015 - 01:58 PM

majorsco, welcome aboard. Lots of great information on here and IMO the more the merrier providing helpful information to those who need it. 

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#4 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,769 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 23 February 2015 - 03:24 PM

Majorsco,

The MAG-ANAK listserve is still alive and well with a significant number of listserve messaging on a daily basis.

--Ray Bacon

Hello all,

I've been coming to the Philippines since 1998 and got married to my Filipina wife in 1999 in the US after bringing her to the US on a K-1 visa using information I got from being a member of the Mag Anak ListServe group, which I understand has morphed and changed into this forum.

I now live in the Philippines full time since I retired and have lived here for over three years.  My wife and I have two beautiful kids who are now attending school here in the Philippines and are enjoying life in the tropics instead of buried under feet of snow.

My wife and I, mostly her, have helped several people achieve their K-1 visa status and their subsequent marriages to Americans including two of our nieces with more in the the works.  

Well that's it.

#5 majorsco

majorsco
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2015 - 12:27 AM

Majorsco,

The MAG-ANAK listserve is still alive and well with a significant number of listserve messaging on a daily basis.

--Ray Bacon

Good to know.  My wife told me of the evolutions.  I had dropped off the listserv probably 12 or so years ago.  With the advent of forum technologies, I was unaware that listservs were still around.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users