163 replies to this topic

#161 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,853 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:59 PM

The most frequent irritation I have heard from filipinas living in the states is how often they get mistaken for mexicans and have people 'speak spanish at them'.

I think they should always reply in their native dialect. "Hindi ako naiintindihan!" (or similar, and forgive the spelling) always goes a long ways.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#162 joseph41

joseph41
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  • te

Posted 13 July 2014 - 07:51 AM

Thanks Mark.  Yeah, I think it's easier for a Filipina to assimilate to the US than it is for us to 'adjust' to living here in PI.  Some people can never adjust to the way of life here, and I'm probably one of them.   It's very hard to trust people here and also I was raised that you can learn the most about a person by how they treat someone that cannot possibly benefit them.  They are extremely nice here if you are helping them, but if you are not, they basically wish bad tidings upon you.  Sad, but true. So, that makes me not very compatible with the culture here.  haha    But we are still here and both working hard and sharing time raising our daughter.  Reading this thread makes me happy and even if I am naive, I followed through and made a happiness for me.  I wish a happiness on you all that are chasing similar dreams.    

#163 Roxas Ron

Roxas Ron
  • Moderators
  • 2,115 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Atlanta

Posted 13 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

Thanks Mark.  Yeah, I think it's easier for a Filipina to assimilate to the US than it is for us to 'adjust' to living here in PI.  Some people can never adjust to the way of life here, and I'm probably one of them.   It's very hard to trust people here and also I was raised that you can learn the most about a person by how they treat someone that cannot possibly benefit them.  They are extremely nice here if you are helping them, but if you are not, they basically wish bad tidings upon you.  Sad, but true. So, that makes me not very compatible with the culture here.  haha    But we are still here and both working hard and sharing time raising our daughter.  Reading this thread makes me happy and even if I am naive, I followed through and made a happiness for me.  I wish a happiness on you all that are chasing similar dreams.    

Good to hear Joesph.

I agree the adjustment here is most difficult and I agree with the i like you while you got money but forget about you when the well runs dry.

I am doing exactly the same enjoying raising my son 24/7. He is now 30 months old and quite the personality.

Take Care

#164 coupe

coupe
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • Interests:Planes, Trucks and Automobiles. Family, friends, pets. Good food, beer and wine. Philippines. Lots of interests.

Posted 02 October 2015 - 04:55 PM

The most frequent irritation I have heard from filipinas living in the states is how often they get mistaken for mexicans and have people 'speak spanish at them'.

I think they should always reply in their native dialect. "Hindi ako naiintindihan!" (or similar, and forgive the spelling) always goes a long ways.

Hello,

I did this sorta the opposite way when I had surgery in Orlando, Florida last February, I mistook a Latino for a Filipino and afterward she would not talk to me. The other nurse that was there was a Filipino and snickered when I made the wrong assumption. In my defense I had only asked if she too was Filipino after firstly guessing right that her partner was Filipino. Oh well!

Dave C.

I never claim to know it all and I am not the brightest bulb in the package but I am willing and able to learn.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users