163 replies to this topic

#21 CuteBabes

CuteBabes
  • 963 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo
  • Local Office:None

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:21 PM

Those previledges aren't for free. My hubby paid $400 a month for our insurance. As I said, it is expensive but it's worth the money.
K1 VISA TIMELINE
NOA1----------------------8/22/05
NOA2---------------------11/28/05
NVC-----------------------12/8/05
Med------------------------4/18/06
Intv------------------------4/25/06 (Approved)
Flown to Fresno CA------5/18/06
Birthday/got married---- 7/17/06
---------------------------------
ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TIMELINE
Mailed Application I-485-------8/29/06
Received NOA1------------------9/6/06
Received NOA2------------------9/15/06
Case transferred to CSC--------9/15/06
Biometric Schedule -------------9/23/06
Received Welcome Notice -----10/19/06
Received Green Card------------10/23/06 (without interview)
------------------------------------
PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE
2-year GC Expired---------------------------------------10/13/08
Mailed Application I-751--------------------------------7/12/08
Received NOA1 -GC extended for 1-year-------7/14/08
Received NOA2 -ASC Appointment Notice----7/17/08
Biometric Schedule--------------------------------------8/1/08
Case Approved-------------------------------------------11/6/08
Received 10-year GC---------------------------11/14/08 (without interview)
-------------------------------------
NATURALIZATION
N400 Application----------------------4/22/11
Received NOA1-------------------------4/25/11
Biometric Appointment-----------------6/10/11
Interview Appointment-----------------7/19/11
Oathtaking Ceremony-------------------8/26/11

#22 username

username
  • 1,949 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te
  • Local Office:Had to use snail mail

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:48 AM

QUOTE (CuteBabes @ Sep 15 2010, 05:21 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Those previledges aren't for free. My hubby paid $400 a month for our insurance. As I said, it is expensive but it's worth the money.

What insurance company or plan?

#23 CuteBabes

CuteBabes
  • 963 posts
  • lo

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:16 AM

QUOTE (username @ Sep 15 2010, 06:48 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What insurance company or plan?

It is BlueCross/BlueShield-PPO under Federal Employee Program. My hubby said, he picks out the plan that works everywhere without doctor's referrals since he is on-the-job-travel frequently.
K1 VISA TIMELINE
NATURALIZATION

#24 username

username
  • 1,949 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Had to use snail mail

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:27 AM

QUOTE (CuteBabes @ Sep 15 2010, 10:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It is BlueCross/BlueShield-PPO under Federal Employee Program. My hubby said, he picks out the plan that works everywhere without doctor's referrals since he is on-the-job-travel frequently.

Thank you!

#25 CuteBabes

CuteBabes
  • 963 posts
  • lo

Posted 16 September 2010 - 03:14 AM

QUOTE (username @ Sep 15 2010, 07:27 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thank you!

You are welcome! smile.gif
K1 VISA TIMELINE
NATURALIZATION

#26 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 16 September 2010 - 01:59 PM

CIA plan?? Oh well some have all the luck huh?? Guess it could be the NSA plan : )
BTW 400 a month is not as bad as some I have seen..

#27 wynn

wynn
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:****seeking information about K1- VISA

**** meeting friends around the WORLD
  • ca
  • Local Office:N/A

Posted 17 September 2010 - 10:05 AM

QUOTE (joseph41 @ Sep 15 2010, 11:43 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone! Iím 2 months into my Filipina adventure and it certainly has been just that! It started when I met a nice young pinay in yahoo chat. We bonded instantly and while I hadnít been looking for a wife, I quickly warmed up to the idea of it. Iím 41, never married and no kids and I like it that way. But getting to know this 28 year old RN for a month online and on the phone was amazing. I know US women and Latinas quite well and she was like nothing I had seen before. You all know what Iím talking about wink.gif

But it didnít end well with her, as when we started getting closer she admitted she had a real-life bf. Said she was trying to break up with him gently, but felt guilty about it all because she had fallen in love with me. I wasnít sure if the admission was a good thing or a bad thing, but it ruined the trust and the relationship was over. We both were hurt, stayed in touch for another week and then drifted apart.

I moped around for another week and then discovered the best cure for heartbreak ever! FilipinaHeart.com! LOL. I signed up, paid for 3 months and the interest started rolling in. I mean REALLY rolling in. the IMís were coming in constantly and I was getting dozens of messages a day. After a week I was up to 450 women/girls that were interested. It was crazy! I was chatting with beautiful girls, getting to know the country, and having a blast. Broken heart? Gone! haha

But today, after just one week, I took my profile off the site. Why? Because I found her. Actually I found her the second day, but today I realized that I have found the woman of my dreams and it would be futile to search any more. She feels the same way and her family and friends have even given me their blessings. She is a 23 year old school teacher in Leyte working to get her masters degree. Yeah she is cute, but Iím blown away by her character and maturity. Sheís sweet, kind, polite, funny, respectful, thoughtful, honest, considerate and needless to sayÖ. I have fallen hard. Believe me, I did not plan on this or expect this in any manner. But here it is and Iím loving every minute of it.

Before even met her I was planning a 6 month trip to phils beginning December, so we have talked about taking it slow and really getting to know each other before I get over there. Like building a house solidly from the ground up instead of rushing to get it built and then watching it crumble. I called her today and we talked for an hour and even though she was with her friends, I seriously have never heard a woman that happy in my life. And knowing she is my perfect match, well, Iím just waiting to wake up from this dream. She knows that Iím not rich by any standards and that we will never live in the US, and its not an issue. She loves Leyte and wants to spend her whole life there.

Anyways, I hope this can be a good success story for this type of endeavor, but itís still very early. And all my real-life friends are sick of me talking about her, so I thought I would subject the internet world to my ridiculous happinessÖhehe. J Life is good, but Iíve been around the block a time or two and Iím going in with both eyes wide open. Wish me luck!

Good luck to your LDR journey.....

by the way what part of leyte does your gurl lives?. we might be neighbor.......

God bless!!!!!!!!!!!
****/// God smiles when we praise HIM,listens when we pray, gives when we ask, forgives when we repent and stay forever when we love, GOD cares for us...........****///

#28 joseph41

joseph41
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  • te

Posted 20 September 2010 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE (zzzlpr @ Sep 15 2010, 06:37 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I wonder the same and why never live in US?!

Wishing the best,

Carlos.

I'm sure we will end up in the US one day, but I'm just trying to weed out the girls whose only goal is to get to the US and don't really care who they have to marry to get there. My profile at FH read pretty much the opposite of "rich guy seeks hot chick for marriage and relocation to US".

And thanks for the kind words Wynn. She lives in Ormoc City so if all goes well (and it IS so far) then I will be heading there in a couple months.

#29 wynn

wynn
  • Members
  • 179 posts
  • Interests:****seeking information about K1- VISA

**** meeting friends around the WORLD
  • ca
  • Local Office:N/A

Posted 20 September 2010 - 11:59 AM

And thanks for the kind words Wynn. She lives in Ormoc City so if all goes well (and it IS so far) then I will be heading there in a couple months.
[/quote]

Welcome,,, ...............
****/// God smiles when we praise HIM,listens when we pray, gives when we ask, forgives when we repent and stay forever when we love, GOD cares for us...........****///

#30 joseph41

joseph41
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  • te

Posted 03 October 2010 - 09:35 PM

Well, I am about a month into my LDR and it's still going strong! I guess because I work so much and she works and goes to school...well that helps alot. If I was trying to romance a full-time husband hunter, I would lose out to some guy that had more time for her. But we still manage to talk or chat every day since we met, and usually its for several hours.

We have talked at length about all the pertinent issues and the only problem I have with her is that she is so submissive. It takes ALOT to get an opinion out of her. But I'm slowly learning how to do that. She is always in awe everytime I tell her that her happiness is important to me. It's the coolest thing in the world to be myself and have a woman love me for it. I still completely adore her and she thinks I am the sexiest guy she has ever met...haha.

I have really gotten attached to her, but if it doesnt work out, I cannot imagine a better country for me to try to get over a broken heart...hehe. Cheap beer and plenty of available cute girls. Not sure if I want to get married or get my heart broken...LOL...joke. I'm sure in 8 weeks when i meet her, I will have a different opinion of it all. later!

#31 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:03 PM

QUOTE (joseph41 @ Oct 3 2010, 05:35 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
We have talked at length about all the pertinent issues and the only problem I have with her is that she is so submissive. It takes ALOT to get an opinion out of her. But I'm slowly learning how to do that. She is always in awe everytime I tell her that her happiness is important to me. It's the coolest thing in the world to be myself and have a woman love me for it. I still completely adore her and she thinks I am the sexiest guy she has ever met...haha.

#1 frustration for me as well. Sometimes it is very difficult to get her to make a decision wink.gif But she can also be very picky at times. wink.gif So she will get over the submissive thing wink.gif

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#32 Bear

Bear
  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • lo

Posted 04 October 2010 - 04:20 PM

Not so sure thatís submissive. I found that when my wife didn't answer questions it was for one of two reasons. 1) She didn't know anything about that topic and didn't want to look stupid or 2) she felt it was my responsibility and didn't want to presume on my area of responsibility. Since I was trying to understand her point-of-view I had to stress that I need answers so I could better understand our compatibility. Later I found that many times she takes my "opinion" and request for hers as "this is how its going to be" directive from me. It took many years of tampo for her to understand my opinion is just that, not a final decision and that I would prefer to know her opinions so WE can work a solution more agreeable to both of us.

Oh and just because she doesn't give you an opinion don't take that to mean you don't need to let her know before you act on that opinion because if she does disagree, and you screw up, Hell will be a much cooler place than where you live.

Remember this is a different culture, different points-of-view. Submissive doesn't necessarily mean she's a slave to your dictates but rather trusting in allowing you to make decisions about your responsibilities.

Edited by Bear, 04 October 2010 - 04:21 PM.

The Bear Family

#33 joseph41

joseph41
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  • te

Posted 06 October 2010 - 10:10 PM

QUOTE (Bear @ Oct 4 2010, 11:20 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not so sure thatís submissive. I found that when my wife didn't answer questions it was for one of two reasons. 1) She didn't know anything about that topic and didn't want to look stupid or 2) she felt it was my responsibility and didn't want to presume on my area of responsibility. Since I was trying to understand her point-of-view I had to stress that I need answers so I could better understand our compatibility. Later I found that many times she takes my "opinion" and request for hers as "this is how its going to be" directive from me. It took many years of tampo for her to understand my opinion is just that, not a final decision and that I would prefer to know her opinions so WE can work a solution more agreeable to both of us.

Oh and just because she doesn't give you an opinion don't take that to mean you don't need to let her know before you act on that opinion because if she does disagree, and you screw up, Hell will be a much cooler place than where you live.

Remember this is a different culture, different points-of-view. Submissive doesn't necessarily mean she's a slave to your dictates but rather trusting in allowing you to make decisions about your responsibilities.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I appreciate it. I'm not a complete noob when it comes to other cultures, having lived in both Mexico and Central America. But I'm just scratching the surface when it comes to understanding the pinay.

"It took many years of tampo...." Wow. I have made it clear that along with dishonesty, I won't tolerate any tampo from her. I'm a very considerate and respectful person and she has commented as such. There's no reason I should have to endure unwarranted silent treatments from her. Just as there is no reason she should have to put up with infidelity and other bad behaviors on my part. Probably a litte too idealistic here, but if we cannot communicate well enough to work out our issues, it's not gonna work in the long run anyway. Maybe for some, but not for me.

#34 Bear

Bear
  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • lo

Posted 07 October 2010 - 12:42 AM

QUOTE (joseph41 @ Oct 6 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"It took many years of tampo...." Wow. I have made it clear that along with dishonesty, I won't tolerate any tampo from her.

Yeah, so did I. And what you going to do once married and she does it anyway? Divorce? Beat her? Better learn the culture.

The Bear Family

#35 joseph41

joseph41
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  • te

Posted 07 October 2010 - 11:37 PM

QUOTE (Bear @ Oct 6 2010, 07:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yeah, so did I. And what you going to do once married and she does it anyway? Divorce? Beat her? Better learn the culture.

LOL! I'm working on it!

Not sure how I would react when it happens, but usually when my women misbehave I just punish them by withholding sex....biggrin.gif..haha.

Thanks again for the feedback, Bear. I'm from Houston also but working in Ft Worth right now. I guess our summers here certainly helps one adjust to the weather over in Phils.

Got my new passport on the way and am looking at early Dec. flights and attempting to learn Cebuano. Someone had mentioned that Waray was the language of Leyte, but that is just in Tacloban. They speak Cebuano over in Ormoc smile.gif

#36 raindreamer333

raindreamer333
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • lo

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:13 AM

Dude,

I don't really know too much about you, but from what you have wrote it seems that you know very little about Filipino women, or even women generally.

How many Filipino women have you known before? Have you ever been friends with a Filipino lady before? Before I started dating my Filipina, I had spent years and years and years befriending Filipino ladies and talking to them and really getting to know the culture. All together I spent 7 years or so before meeting my lady working with and going to church with and being friends with Filipina ladies. That is why my relationship has been so successful, even though it is my first.

Really, if all your are learning about Filipinas and their culture is from dating sites, or even from this site, I think you are going to be very dissappointed.

Also, why are you pursuing a Filipina? Do you share her values? Most Filipinas are deeply religious and have very conservative values. If you don't share those values, then what will you have in common. What will you do when you want to have sex, and she won't before marriage?

You really haven't given us much information to really understand you...
Treat Your Filipina Like A Princess, And She Will Make You Her King...

#37 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,238 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:42 AM

QUOTE (raindreamer333 @ Oct 8 2010, 10:13 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude,

I don't really know too much about you, but from what you have wrote it seems that you know very little about Filipino women, or even women generally.

How many Filipino women have you known before? Have you ever been friends with a Filipino lady before? Before I started dating my Filipina, I had spent years and years and years befriending Filipino ladies and talking to them and really getting to know the culture. All together I spent 7 years or so before meeting my lady working with and going to church with and being friends with Filipina ladies. That is why my relationship has been so successful, even though it is my first.

Really, if all your are learning about Filipinas and their culture is from dating sites, or even from this site, I think you are going to be very dissappointed.

Also, why are you pursuing a Filipina? Do you share her values? Most Filipinas are deeply religious and have very conservative values. If you don't share those values, then what will you have in common. What will you do when you want to have sex, and she won't before marriage?

No need for us to understand him ... it's the wife who has to put up with him ... we can just walk away tongue.gif

Marriage is a partnership. If there is a perfect mesh of values that is good. Equally good is when there is very little that meshes smoothly, but the couple puts the effort into enjoying their life with the partner they care about.

You did your research among Filipinas in Canada. Canada is not Philippines. The Filipinas you have met there have absorbed Canadian culture and values. A Filipina marrying and emigrating to US will similarly be changed as she settles into life as an American wife. After a few years the home she left will be a foreign country that will feel strange when she goes back.

When these two marry they will both be changed by the marriage. A good marriage is attained when both accept their partner for who they are, not who they want them to be. Seeking perfection often backfires once you really get to know the other person. Accepting your life partner with all their warts is the key to an enduring happy partnership.

Your approach worked for you. However there is no one size fits all solution to marriage. Each of us brings our own history and our own approach to the romance process. Accepting that there are other ways that also work is part of growing up smile.gif

Judge not, lest thee be judged
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#38 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 09 October 2010 - 03:25 PM

Have to agree, there is no requirement that we have to know anyone here. He has his reasons for choosing a Filipina and that is something that he does not have to share nor do we need to ask. Ran - did you EVER go to the Philippines and see the real culture? Be a part of it even if a short period of time? I know many families that are not the same religion as is mine, my wife and kids are naturally Catholic which does not bother me in the least since I was surrounded by Catholics in San Antonio's heavily weighted Latino culture. I will never influence her beliefs nor she mine..And it just might be he likes the conservative values you mentioned. So cut him some slack as none of your decisions or judgemnets of what he does will change anything as long as they are hopefully based on honesty and good will for both all will balance with time. Its a 2 way street and she will have a say in this whole thing as well.

QUOTE (raindreamer333 @ Oct 9 2010, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude,

#39 beeguy

beeguy
  • 884 posts
  • te

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:51 PM

QUOTE (raindreamer333 @ Oct 9 2010, 12:13 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Dude,

Raindreamer, I think it might be you with your blinders on that can only see one and only one view of what Filipinas "are" and what their values and likes are. I have known many Filipinas throughout my life and none are as you describe them. You are going to be so unhappy and your future wife will be so unhappy if you try to enforce this one ideal on a real flesh and blood human being. You cannot look into her head or have experienced every moment of her life to decide how she should think in every situation. Every woman is unique and she is not a thing that has been manufactured especially to fit your needs and desires. The most important thing to a long and happy marriage is flexibility. You will have to learn, maybe over years, how your spouse feels and what she wants. If you make it clear to her (as you have to us) that only your thoughts and desires matter, she may keep quiet and let you think she is with the plan, but she may later reach her limit and assert her individuality (as she has every right to do) and it won't be pretty if you are still in this fantasy world that what you dream is how it is.

You owe it to her to understand how she feels BEFORE you lock her into a marriage and cause her a lifetime of suffering trying to meet your expectations. Your "best intentions" are not enough. She is one individual. She may or (most likely) may not conform to every preconceived notion you have of what a Filipina or devoted wife is. Many of us here, who are now divorced, entered that marriage with the highest ideals and hopes but not enough sense, patience, or flexibility to grow as our partners grew and changed. I can guarantee that the second year will not be like the first.

03/02/2010: First trip to the Philippines.
04/06/2010: Joined WOF
04/11/2010: Met on Cherry Blossoms.
05/06/2010: Talked her into joining WOF.
05/13/2010: Changed our statuses on Facebook to "in a relationship".
05/28/2010: Met her friend and her employer in Chicago (here on business).
08/17/2010: Booked trip to the Philippines.
09/05/2010: Arrived in Manila late at night. Met her in the waiting area. WOW!
09/08/2010: Met her parents and most of the family!
09/10/2010: Trekked to the top of Mt. Pinatubo and surprised her with a ring. She said YES!
09/19/2010: Had to return to US. :(
03/25/2011: Arrived second visit with her. Together again.
04/14/2011: Flew back to Chicago :(

K-1
07/25/2011: Starting on K-1 package. Where did I put all that stuff???
08/02/2011: K-1 Petition package mailed via Priority Mail to Texas Service Center! The clock is running...

08/09/2011: K-1 Petition package delivered to Texas Service Center.
08/13/2011: K-1 Petition NOA1 received.
01/11/2012: I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) APPROVED
01/27/2012: NVC notification letter received.
02/07/2012: She received the letter from the US Embassy
02/14/2012: She passed the physical at St. Lukes!
02/15/2012: She finished her CFO seminar
02/27/2012: Depart O'Hare for Manila
02/28/2012: Arrived very late in Manila

03/01/2012: Interview at the US Embassy - K1 VISA APPROVED!!
03/07/2012: Visa delivered!
03/08/2012: Got CFO sticker.

03/16/2012: Arrived in the USA together.

05/12/2012: Married!!!

AOS

05/18/2012: Mailed AOS package to USCIS.
08/10/2012: Received temp Emp Auth Card with Advanced Parole from USCIS.

04/04/2013: Received her Permanent Resident Card from USCIS!

Removing Conditions

03/20/2015: Mailed I-751 package to USCIS

03/23/2015: I-751 package arrived at the California Service Center

03/25/2015: I-751 check cashed by USCIS

03/27/2015: I-751 NOA received from USCIS

04/13/2015: Bought tickets to Phil for her brother's wedding in June.

IMG_0692.JPG

#40 raindreamer333

raindreamer333
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • lo

Posted 10 October 2010 - 04:38 AM

This thread isn't about me. It's about finding out how much this guy really knows about Filipinas.

His comment about "punishing" women by not having sex from them sounds really disturbing to me. Really creepy.

Edited by raindreamer333, 10 October 2010 - 04:39 AM.

Treat Your Filipina Like A Princess, And She Will Make You Her King...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users