163 replies to this topic

#1 joseph41

joseph41
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • te

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:43 AM

Hi everyone! Iím 2 months into my Filipina adventure and it certainly has been just that! It started when I met a nice young pinay in yahoo chat. We bonded instantly and while I hadnít been looking for a wife, I quickly warmed up to the idea of it. Iím 41, never married and no kids and I like it that way. But getting to know this 28 year old RN for a month online and on the phone was amazing. I know US women and Latinas quite well and she was like nothing I had seen before. You all know what Iím talking about wink.gif

But it didnít end well with her, as when we started getting closer she admitted she had a real-life bf. Said she was trying to break up with him gently, but felt guilty about it all because she had fallen in love with me. I wasnít sure if the admission was a good thing or a bad thing, but it ruined the trust and the relationship was over. We both were hurt, stayed in touch for another week and then drifted apart.

I moped around for another week and then discovered the best cure for heartbreak ever! FilipinaHeart.com! LOL. I signed up, paid for 3 months and the interest started rolling in. I mean REALLY rolling in. the IMís were coming in constantly and I was getting dozens of messages a day. After a week I was up to 450 women/girls that were interested. It was crazy! I was chatting with beautiful girls, getting to know the country, and having a blast. Broken heart? Gone! haha

But today, after just one week, I took my profile off the site. Why? Because I found her. Actually I found her the second day, but today I realized that I have found the woman of my dreams and it would be futile to search any more. She feels the same way and her family and friends have even given me their blessings. She is a 23 year old school teacher in Leyte working to get her masters degree. Yeah she is cute, but Iím blown away by her character and maturity. Sheís sweet, kind, polite, funny, respectful, thoughtful, honest, considerate and needless to sayÖ. I have fallen hard. Believe me, I did not plan on this or expect this in any manner. But here it is and Iím loving every minute of it.

Before even met her I was planning a 6 month trip to phils beginning December, so we have talked about taking it slow and really getting to know each other before I get over there. Like building a house solidly from the ground up instead of rushing to get it built and then watching it crumble. I called her today and we talked for an hour and even though she was with her friends, I seriously have never heard a woman that happy in my life. And knowing she is my perfect match, well, Iím just waiting to wake up from this dream. She knows that Iím not rich by any standards and that we will never live in the US, and its not an issue. She loves Leyte and wants to spend her whole life there.

Anyways, I hope this can be a good success story for this type of endeavor, but itís still very early. And all my real-life friends are sick of me talking about her, so I thought I would subject the internet world to my ridiculous happinessÖhehe. J Life is good, but Iíve been around the block a time or two and Iím going in with both eyes wide open. Wish me luck!

#2 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,238 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:10 AM

QUOTE (joseph41 @ Sep 14 2010, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi everyone! Iím 2 months into my Filipina adventure and it certainly has been just that! It started when I met a nice young pinay in yahoo chat. We bonded instantly and while I hadnít been looking for a wife, I quickly warmed up to the idea of it. Iím 41, never married and no kids and I like it that way. But getting to know this 28 year old RN for a month online and on the phone was amazing. I know US women and Latinas quite well and she was like nothing I had seen before. You all know what Iím talking about wink.gif

But it didnít end well with her, as when we started getting closer she admitted she had a real-life bf. Said she was trying to break up with him gently, but felt guilty about it all because she had fallen in love with me. I wasnít sure if the admission was a good thing or a bad thing, but it ruined the trust and the relationship was over. We both were hurt, stayed in touch for another week and then drifted apart.

I moped around for another week and then discovered the best cure for heartbreak ever! FilipinaHeart.com! LOL. I signed up, paid for 3 months and the interest started rolling in. I mean REALLY rolling in. the IMís were coming in constantly and I was getting dozens of messages a day. After a week I was up to 450 women/girls that were interested. It was crazy! I was chatting with beautiful girls, getting to know the country, and having a blast. Broken heart? Gone! haha

But today, after just one week, I took my profile off the site. Why? Because I found her. Actually I found her the second day, but today I realized that I have found the woman of my dreams and it would be futile to search any more. She feels the same way and her family and friends have even given me their blessings. She is a 23 year old school teacher in Leyte working to get her masters degree. Yeah she is cute, but Iím blown away by her character and maturity. Sheís sweet, kind, polite, funny, respectful, thoughtful, honest, considerate and needless to sayÖ. I have fallen hard. Believe me, I did not plan on this or expect this in any manner. But here it is and Iím loving every minute of it.

Before even met her I was planning a 6 month trip to phils beginning December, so we have talked about taking it slow and really getting to know each other before I get over there. Like building a house solidly from the ground up instead of rushing to get it built and then watching it crumble. I called her today and we talked for an hour and even though she was with her friends, I seriously have never heard a woman that happy in my life. And knowing she is my perfect match, well, Iím just waiting to wake up from this dream. She knows that Iím not rich by any standards and that we will never live in the US, and its not an issue. She loves Leyte and wants to spend her whole life there.

Anyways, I hope this can be a good success story for this type of endeavor, but itís still very early. And all my real-life friends are sick of me talking about her, so I thought I would subject the internet world to my ridiculous happinessÖhehe. J Life is good, but Iíve been around the block a time or two and Iím going in with both eyes wide open. Wish me luck!

Break a leg! smile.gif

Sounds wonderful. Philippines is a beautiful place. The culture as you are finding out is quite a bit different from the one you are used to. Moving there will be a real adventure smile.gif

God Bless & Best Wishes
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#3 fendergirl

fendergirl

Rock & Roll

• Members
  • 5,023 posts
  • Interests:NOTHING
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca
  • Local Office:Manila PI

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:16 AM

Everyone who reads your post would giggle, you sound like you're a teenager that fell inlove for the very first time. Congrats and goodluck with your long distance relationship.

#4 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:33 AM

that we will never live in the US, and its not an issue!
How can you afford to live in the Phillipines?
Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#5 raindreamer333

raindreamer333
  • Members
  • 443 posts
  • lo

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:46 AM

Hmm,

I would say guard your heart until you have actually met her in person. Online and even on the phone people can put a very different face, and it would tough if things didn't work out.

For me, I was on Filipina Heart 4 years and chatted with thousands upon thousands of ladies, often at least 10 per day. I called a few.

It wasn't until I met one in person that I fell in love. Within 40 minutes, I knew this was the lady I was meant to marry.
Treat Your Filipina Like A Princess, And She Will Make You Her King...

#6 joseph41

joseph41
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  • te

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:14 AM

QUOTE (raindreamer333 @ Sep 15 2010, 12:46 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hmm,

I would say guard your heart until you have actually met her in person. Online and even on the phone people can put a very different face, and it would tough if things didn't work out.

For me, I was on Filipina Heart 4 years and chatted with thousands upon thousands of ladies, often at least 10 per day. I called a few.

It wasn't until I met one in person that I fell in love. Within 40 minutes, I knew this was the lady I was meant to marry.

It only takes one happy ending, right? You're very sweet. I'm trying to dodge the gold diggers, visa hunters, and trannies.

#7 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,238 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 15 September 2010 - 10:44 AM

QUOTE (joseph41 @ Sep 14 2010, 11:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It only takes one happy ending, right? You're very sweet. I'm trying to dodge the gold diggers, visa hunters, and trannies.

Good to hear you're going in with your eyes open smile.gif

The adventure continues
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#8 zzzlpr

zzzlpr
  • 3,843 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ve

Posted 15 September 2010 - 11:37 AM

QUOTE (Ampalaya @ Sep 15 2010, 01:33 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that we will never live in the US, and its not an issue!
How can you afford to live in the Phillipines?

I wonder the same and why never live in US?!

Wishing the best,

Carlos.
"A man does not know how alive he can be until a sweet Pinay steals his heart."
my point of view

11/08/2007 - Annulment Process Started
08/21/2008 - Annulment Granted
09/05/2008 - Annulment Court Order Issued
09/10/2008 - Mailed I-129F
09/11/2008 - Arrived at VSC
09/12/2008 - NOA1 Issued
01/29/2009 - NOA2 Issued
02/07/2009 - Manila Case Number Letter Received from NVC
02/15/2009 - Interview Scheduled for March, 23rd 2009
03/02/2009 - Passed Medical
03/23/2009 - Interview, all went well but NBI Clearance on her Married Name was missing
03/25/2009 - Delivered NBI Clearance to US Embassy
04/17/2009 - Visa on hand
04/24/2009 - CFO done
05/13/2009 - Arrived in US
06/01/2009 - Applied for SSN
06/02/2009 - Pending Immunizations done
06/05/2009 - Received SSN
06/22/2009 - Got Married "downtown" style
06/27/2009 - Requested sealed envelop with immunization form from Civil Dr.
07/03/2009 - Received sealed envelop from Dr.
07/14/2009 - Mailed the AOS
07/16/2009 - AOS arrived USCIS
07/20/2009 - AOS NOA1 Issued
08/21/2009 - Biometrics at local USCIS Office
09/10/2009 - Received EAD cards
11/17/2009 - AOS interview. Given a favorable decision.
11/27/2009 - Received the GC
10/07/2011 - Mailed the ROC
10/11/2011 - Arrived at VSC
10/18/2011 - ROC NOA Received (contains the 1 year extension)
11/14/2011 - Received ROC Biometrics Appointment Notification
12/09/2011 - ROC Biometrics
07/19/2012 - ROC Approved letter(no interview, even though I forgot to send a copy of the GC)
07/25/2012 - 10 year GC Arrived

#9 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:36 PM

OK Im in as well - why not in the US??
Please study up on all the cultural information, trip requirements for anything beyond a 21 day stay that is on this site..For a newby as you are in this, this site is a treasure trove of information..

#10 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 15 September 2010 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (joseph41 @ Sep 14 2010, 11:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
She knows that Iím not rich by any standards and that we will never live in the US, and its not an issue. She loves Leyte and wants to spend her whole life there.

Not to put a rain on your parade or anything, but does this mean that you plan on living in the Philippines? If so, how do you plan to maintain an income?

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#11 Bear

Bear
  • Members
  • 227 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • lo

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:35 PM

Its really easy to find the right one when you are looking, hard when your not. I wrote 13 ladies before I met Honey and where I agree I knew she was it instantly, I was working hard at 3 others when I met her and thought each of them had great possibilities (and probably would have made great wives). 6 Months is a long time and 1 week isn't. Expecting to live there with claims of not being rich. So many red flags.

Where I wish you well I think at this point its a fantasy and totally unrealistic. Please be careful.
The Bear Family

#12 joseph41

joseph41
  • Members
  • 103 posts
  • te

Posted 15 September 2010 - 03:59 PM

Thanks so much for all the input, everyone. As for money, I have a small online business that averages $1500 a month. Not so good for living in the US, but in phils it would suffice. I justt need reliable and somewhat fast internet. Doesn't have to be light speed, but dial up is not sufficient. I will post in appropriate thread for info that. That is my main concern, even more so than the women..lol.

And fendergirl...i agree and I do feel like a teen who just fell in love for the first time. And I'm a jaded misanthropist! haha Take care everyone.

#13 Asia H.

Asia H.
  • 649 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Manila phillipines

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:13 PM

You sound so cute....Like a school boy who fell inlove with her first love lol.
Thats sweet Like reading your long post. Congratulation and best wishes.

I have a friend who married a Filipina too and they plan to live in Phils instead of her coming here in USA. I think he sold all his asset including house just to move there. So Goodluck!!

Edited by Asia H., 15 September 2010 - 04:32 PM.

Life is about letting God use You for his Purposes....

Timeline for 1- 175 Removal
Sept.9,2010 - Sent Package to CSC
Sept.11,2010 -Package recieved Saturday.
Sept 14, 2010- Cashed Check
Sept 18, 2010- NOA 1 Letter for 1 year extension
Sept. 26, 2010- NOA 2 Biometrics Letter Recieved
Oct. 19, 2010- Biometrics Schedule @ 2:00pm " DONE"
Dec. 30,2010- Received email that case APPROVED
January 3rd, 2011- Got 10 yrs GC in mail dated December 27,2010..
Great start for NEW YEAR!

NEXT STEP CITIZENSHIP....................

CITIZENSHIP OATH TAKING NOV. 12,2013 

********FATHER I-130 APPLICATION*******

Jan 14,2014- Send I -130 Application Packet

Jan  22,2014- Recieved NOA 1, Got Reciept Number to check online status

Feb 7,2014 -Check online status Application was approve

Feb 10,2014 -Recieved NOA 2, Father I-130 Application APPROVED

#14 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 15 September 2010 - 04:29 PM

[quote name='joseph41' date='Sep 15 2010, 05:59 AM' post='266211']
Thanks so much for all the input, everyone. As for money, I have a small online business that averages $1500 a month. Not so good for living in the US, but in phils it would suffice. I justt need reliable and somewhat fast internet. Doesn't have to be light speed, but dial up is not sufficient. I will post in appropriate thread for info that. That is my main concern, even more so than the women..lol.

And fendergirl...i agree and I do feel like a teen who just fell in love for the first time. And I'm a jaded misanthropist! haha Take care everyone.
[/quote

You can live on $1500 as long as you and your mate don't have any seriuos medical problems.
Hint! Start learning the language!
Tagalog and the local dialect.
Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#15 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 15 September 2010 - 06:14 PM

Good luck on the Tagalog and local dialect without immersion into the cuture..
What would you use to get back to the USA on when you need to return occassionally? Have you had her check rent on places, electric which will be higher as us Kanos need some AC now and then ; (.. Remember your insurance if you have any is useless there. And most of all be prepared for a huge culture learning curve...

#16 fendergirl

fendergirl

Rock & Roll

• Members
  • 5,023 posts
  • Interests:NOTHING
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca
  • Local Office:Manila PI

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:44 PM

QUOTE (Ampalaya @ Sep 15 2010, 09:29 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tagalog and the local dialect.

It gets better cuz he has to learn the local dialect which is WARAY and is very hard to learn, I don't even think I could learn it myself and I can speak bisaya and tagalog LOL.

#17 CuteBabes

CuteBabes
  • 963 posts
  • lo
  • Local Office:None

Posted 15 September 2010 - 07:51 PM

QUOTE (James in Austin Tx @ Sep 15 2010, 11:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Remember your insurance if you have any is useless there.

It depends what kind of insurance he has. My husband is a federal agent and we have this insurance under federal employee program that is quite expensive but it works globally.

To the OP. Goodluck and I hope you will be truly happy with the hands of your loving Filipina someday! smile.gif
K1 VISA TIMELINE
NOA1----------------------8/22/05
NOA2---------------------11/28/05
NVC-----------------------12/8/05
Med------------------------4/18/06
Intv------------------------4/25/06 (Approved)
Flown to Fresno CA------5/18/06
Birthday/got married---- 7/17/06
---------------------------------
ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TIMELINE
Mailed Application I-485-------8/29/06
Received NOA1------------------9/6/06
Received NOA2------------------9/15/06
Case transferred to CSC--------9/15/06
Biometric Schedule -------------9/23/06
Received Welcome Notice -----10/19/06
Received Green Card------------10/23/06 (without interview)
------------------------------------
PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE
2-year GC Expired---------------------------------------10/13/08
Mailed Application I-751--------------------------------7/12/08
Received NOA1 -GC extended for 1-year-------7/14/08
Received NOA2 -ASC Appointment Notice----7/17/08
Biometric Schedule--------------------------------------8/1/08
Case Approved-------------------------------------------11/6/08
Received 10-year GC---------------------------11/14/08 (without interview)
-------------------------------------
NATURALIZATION
N400 Application----------------------4/22/11
Received NOA1-------------------------4/25/11
Biometric Appointment-----------------6/10/11
Interview Appointment-----------------7/19/11
Oathtaking Ceremony-------------------8/26/11

#18 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 15 September 2010 - 08:26 PM

Wow and the hospitals take this insurance when you go there?

QUOTE (CuteBabes @ Sep 15 2010, 02:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
It depends what kind of insurance he has. My husband is a federal agent and we have this insurance under federal employee program that is quite expensive but it works globally.

To the OP. Goodluck and I hope you will be truly happy with the hands of your loving Filipina someday! smile.gif

#19 CuteBabes

CuteBabes
  • 963 posts
  • lo
  • Local Office:None

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (James in Austin Tx @ Sep 15 2010, 01:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yep. In Manila I can use our insurance in Makati Medical Center and St. Lukes Hospital with all the list of the physicians and their specialty. When it comes to the medicine prescriptions we almost didnt pay anything, and even my pregnancy right now it is 100% covered and no copay everytime I visit my OBGYN. Isn't it amazing?

For all the previledges we have on our insurance I was even tempted several times to give birth in the Philippines. It's just that my husband doesn't allow me, since this is his first baby and he wanted to be with her princess when she comes out, lol.
K1 VISA TIMELINE
NOA1----------------------8/22/05
NOA2---------------------11/28/05
NVC-----------------------12/8/05
Med------------------------4/18/06
Intv------------------------4/25/06 (Approved)
Flown to Fresno CA------5/18/06
Birthday/got married---- 7/17/06
---------------------------------
ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TIMELINE
Mailed Application I-485-------8/29/06
Received NOA1------------------9/6/06
Received NOA2------------------9/15/06
Case transferred to CSC--------9/15/06
Biometric Schedule -------------9/23/06
Received Welcome Notice -----10/19/06
Received Green Card------------10/23/06 (without interview)
------------------------------------
PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE
2-year GC Expired---------------------------------------10/13/08
Mailed Application I-751--------------------------------7/12/08
Received NOA1 -GC extended for 1-year-------7/14/08
Received NOA2 -ASC Appointment Notice----7/17/08
Biometric Schedule--------------------------------------8/1/08
Case Approved-------------------------------------------11/6/08
Received 10-year GC---------------------------11/14/08 (without interview)
-------------------------------------
NATURALIZATION
N400 Application----------------------4/22/11
Received NOA1-------------------------4/25/11
Biometric Appointment-----------------6/10/11
Interview Appointment-----------------7/19/11
Oathtaking Ceremony-------------------8/26/11

#20 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 15 September 2010 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE (James in Austin Tx @ Sep 15 2010, 04:26 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The CIA "Company Card" is good almost everywhere wink.gif Backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government.

I'm not saying that the person in question is CIA, mind you...

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users