• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 justmarie

justmarie
  • 203 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • lo

Posted 12 November 2011 - 04:43 PM

My Philippine passport has expired and I have not done my report of marriage to the Philippine Consulate. I have plans to go home by March. We live in Concord (Charlotte), NC and the nearest Consulate is in Washington DC. I intend to do both at the same time so I can use my married name on my renewed passport. Is it possible?

Thank you very much.

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 12 November 2011 - 06:39 PM

Yes, it is possible to amend our passport and to extend your passport before March. But you need to make plans right now to go to the Consulate. Make sure you know in advance what you need to take with you.

--Ray B

My Philippine passport has expired and I have not done my report of marriage to the Philippine Consulate. I have plans to go home by March. We live in Concord (Charlotte), NC and the nearest Consulate is in Washington DC. I intend to do both at the same time so I can use my married name on my renewed passport. Is it possible?

Thank you very much.

#3 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,243 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 12 November 2011 - 08:48 PM

Thank you very much.

To add to what Ray said. Submit the Report of Marriage with the passport renewal. There is no need to wait for the ROM to be recorded before renewing.

The adventure continues
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#4 justmarie

justmarie
  • 203 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • lo

Posted 12 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Thank you very much Sir RBacon and Sir Fritz. We intend to drive there soon after Thanksgiving. I have checked the requirements online and will start compiling them as soon as I can.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users