9 replies to this topic

#1 ccmel

ccmel
  • Members
  • 261 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • lo

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:08 PM

i have a problem with my mothers birth certificate. when she went to the NSO and have her birth certificate authenticate,all that appears on the printed paper are just like the questions name,DOB,name of parents,place of birth,etc,etc,..but the answers are all blank.i dont understand why it was like that? is it because her BC is too old? im really worried cos i am petitioning her once i get my citizenship.i just dont want to have any problems and will cause any delays or denial of her visa. Has anybody encountered this kind of printed BC from their parents? and also can i send certified true copy of her BC instead of the aunthenticated BC when filing petition for her?Because the Certirfied true copy is clear and has all her information there. During her interview will the us consul accept certified true copy of BC?

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 26 October 2010 - 11:57 PM

When you petition your mom, you can use a good photocopy of the LCR birth cert. But she needs to have a better version completed and issued by the NSO before the paperwork gets to the NVC.

--Ray B

QUOTE (ccmel @ Oct 26 2010, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i have a problem with my mothers birth certificate. when she went to the NSO and have her birth certificate authenticate,all that appears on the printed paper are just like the questions name,DOB,name of parents,place of birth,etc,etc,..but the answers are all blank.i dont understand why it was like that? is it because her BC is too old? im really worried cos i am petitioning her once i get my citizenship.i just dont want to have any problems and will cause any delays or denial of her visa. Has anybody encountered this kind of printed BC from their parents? and also can i send certified true copy of her BC instead of the aunthenticated BC when filing petition for her?Because the Certirfied true copy is clear and has all her information there. During her interview will the us consul accept certified true copy of BC?

#3 laradee

laradee
  • Members
  • 216 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Colorado

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (rbacon @ Oct 26 2010, 11:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When you petition your mom, you can use a good photocopy of the LCR birth cert. But she needs to have a better version completed and issued by the NSO before the paperwork gets to the NVC.

--Ray B

What if parents don't have any copy of Birth certificates? I am planning to petition my parents in the future too. My parents requested a copy of birth certificate from NSO but no records found. My father was born in Leyte and all the records where burned during World War II. My mother don't have any record either even baptismal certificate. She tried to check all the catholic churches in Davao coz she thought she was born in Davao but there were no records either. We thought that my mom wasn't registered at all after she was born. Can my mom do late registration to get a birth certificate? Will this cause a problem during immigration processing? How about my father's case?
I-751 Removing Condition Timeline

June 17, 2009 ------- Mailed I-751 package to CSC.
June 19, 2009 ------- Packaged delivered/received by CSC.
June 26, 2009 ------- Received NOA in the mail (1 year extension of GC)
Aug 22, 2009 ------- Received Biometric Schedule in the mail.
Sep 01, 2009 ------- Biometric at 3:00 pm
Sep 03, 2009 ------- Touched
Sep 10, 2009 ------- Touched
Sep 11, 2009 ------- Touched
Oct 03, 2009 ------- Received email from Cri89 "Card Production Ordered Oct 2"
Oct 06, 2009 ------- Received approval from the mail.
Oct 09, 2009 ------- 10 year Green Card Received. God is great all the time!!!!

N-400 Timeline

April 30, 2010 ------- Mailed N-400 package.
May 21, 2010 ------- NOA 1 received.
June 17, 2010 ------- NOA 2 (Biometrics Notification received)
June 30, 2010 ------- Biometrics done.
July 8, 2010 ------- Case transferred to local office for interview schedule.
July 10, 2010 ------- Notice of Action received in the mail. Initial interview August 12, 2010.
Aug 12, 2010 ------- Interview Passed. Thank God for everything!
Aug 28, 2010 ------- Oath Ceremony, Finally done with immigration papers. Thank You Heavenly Father

Visit My Blog

#4 Sonia M

Sonia M
  • 1,793 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 27 October 2010 - 12:49 AM

QUOTE (ccmel @ Oct 26 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I had the same problem with my Mom who was born in the late 30's. There was no record found at the NSO Central Office. We were told that the fire burned the NSO building in the past and thus it destroyed most of the old data. NSO advised us to get a record from LCR and have them forward at the central office for authentication. This was back in 1994.
Even the LCR had no sufficient data for my old mother. Out of familiarity and trust, LCR had us simply fill out all the information like what you mentioned in your post here.
Fortunately, we got it fixed so our Mom's BC does not look like the standard BC format but more of a certification from LCR. Then LCR officially forwarded it to the central office so we got it authenticated on the same certification format.
DFA honored it and issued a Philippine passport in favor of my Mom in 2006.

Posted Image Posted Image

Please support JIREH LIM, our very own Pinoy Talent, the Prince of Acoustic Love Songs!
https://www.youtube....jireh214/videos

#5 ccmel

ccmel
  • Members
  • 261 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:34 AM

how many times do we have to send copy of birth certificates? and also how much will be the total fee from filing and adjustment of status. what are usually the requiremnts needed for her to gather now for her interview?

#6 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,854 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 October 2010 - 01:13 PM

QUOTE (ccmel @ Oct 26 2010, 07:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

What was the certfied true copy copied from?

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#7 ccmel

ccmel
  • Members
  • 261 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:03 PM

from her original BC...the only thing is when she had her bc aunthenticated at the nso office all the information about her is not indicated there.

Edited by ccmel, 27 October 2010 - 07:11 PM.

#8 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,854 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (ccmel @ Oct 27 2010, 03:03 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
from his original BC...the only thing is when she had her bc aunthenticated at the nso office all the information about her is not indicated there.

I suppose only in the Philippines would that be considered 'authenticated' rolleyes.gif blink.gif

Did she try ordering a copy of her birth certificate instead of having it authenticated?

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#9 ccmel

ccmel
  • Members
  • 261 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:14 PM

i really dont know..she only sent me a copy of of the certified true copy and the authenticated BC.by the way how much will be the total cost from filing her petition and her adjustment of status..are all the paperwork will be done by me? or does she has to send apaperworks also from her in the philippines?

#10 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,854 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 October 2010 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE (ccmel @ Oct 27 2010, 03:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i really dont know..she only sent me a copy of of the certified true copy and the authenticated BC.by the way how much will be the total cost from filing her petition and her adjustment of status..are all the paperwork will be done by me? or does she has to send apaperworks also from her in the philippines?

Try getting the birth certificate from here: https://www.ecensus....re/frmIndex.asp

Parents are Immediate Relatives and do not need to adjust status. She will receive her green card within weeks of arriving in the U.S.

For details on parental petition, please see: http://travel.state....types_1306.html

For fees, see: http://travel.state....types_1263.html

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users