2 replies to this topic

#1 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,677 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 15 August 2013 - 02:40 PM

Not sure if this topic is appropriate to post it here since I believe it depends on ones belief . I just consider it has something to do with our health.

The issue appeared in the newspaper I read some months ago. Still the issue is fresh to me as we had  a class discussion of Euthanasia during school days,yearsssss ago.

To prolong one’s life is inhuman (this ask has something to do with ones belief) ? I consider it NOT! Who among you here would like to see love ones still on earth though not able anymore to perform 
normally the things like those of healthy and active human being? Are you able to give up ones life for the pity of seeing her/him on the bed for the rest of his life with an apparatus that help to keep him/her alive? Are you the one to decide when loved ones should stay alive and live in the world just to see them near you and saving some of their breath?

We all want a healthy andpurposal living ,so is this decision makes sense and is such life of affected/patient  meaningful?

Euthanasia..a healthy way to follow or worthy to allow? 

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#2 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,261 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 15 August 2013 - 06:51 PM

To allow yes, though there need to be checks in place to avoid having those who are only depressed choose this option.

Severe terminal illnesses such as inoperable cancers are among the obvious situations where deciding it is a nice day to die makes sense.   Forcing a patient to live through the end stages of many cancers is deliberate torture.

On the other side is that once it is permitted and accepted, the conditions that meet the threshhold for euthanasia will be lowered.

Currently some US States permit "assisted suicide" which is one form of euthanasia and I believe it is done in parts of Europe.

Involuntary euthanasia is illegal pretty much universally, but effective euthanasia by withholding medications or treatment is regularly seen.   Taking steps to deliberately end a life is less common, but is also regularly seen.  Usually it results in criminal charges, but in societies where honor and respect can override the law it may be tolerated.

Eugenic euthanasia was common in Europe and North America before WWII and has been around for as long as recorded history.  Not common in developed countries today, it is still found in developing and primitive societies with high birth rates.  Following the "cleansing" of Europe by the Nazi government, eugenic euthanasia and sterilizations for eugenic purposes became unpopular in Western societies and are likely to remain that way for many years to come.

Good question with no "right" answer

The adventures continue

Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#3 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,677 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:56 AM

Thanks for commenting Fritz adding some parts of history on it. :)

I think the situation could be answered base on one’s principles and religion though no right answers be found as we are only human to decide with differ beliefs.

Knowing you told “to allow yes”, is this mean that if you have a severe inoperable illness,do you accept by your own will a assisted suicide?

I believe that christians are mostly againts euthanasia. Don’t you think? For them that is morally wrong.I read that it is a grave violation of the law of God, since it is the deliberate and morally unacceptable killing of a human person viewed by Pope John Paul II,Evangelium Vitae ,1995. The issue arise also with non-religious  people as i think they are not againts for it. :unsure:

Correct me if i’m wrong…my ignorance. :(  Tolerating or not depends on countries if it is democratic republic  or not? :blink:

What i have read is the Nazis embarked on invountary euthanasia as a deliberate political act.. Nazis did wasn't euthanasia by even the widest definition, it was the use of murder to get rid of people they disapproved of. :o

I believe that people look at things from their own perspective. Those people who feel to be considered as a burden in the society can tell "it's better to be dead than sick or disabled coz life in this case is not worth living."

I have seen places (somewhat religious group) that welcome those people who are being downgraded/belittled/abandoned (hope this is the right term) as human being because of thier desease specially if contagious one. Those persons/patients who have for example leprosy and AIDS. They could say death is the only liberation. Instead of keeping them isolated ( without wramth support and love) though being feed,one is might think of a rapid and painless death.

No other words to add but to wait the opinion of any one.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users