6 replies to this topic

#1 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,668 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 07 November 2011 - 02:25 PM

I saw this statement in blog written by a Filipina and would like to share it here..at least I have one non-provoking post..:D

Smiling in a funeral home? Why most of the Filipinos do this?
Some would think its weird but if we will pay attention, we will notice this in almost every funeral home in the Philippines. Have you ever noticed this?

Filipinos are known for loving their family next to God, they feel so much pain when a family member dies. What they think is.. no matter how much we love a person, they can't be with us forever and we just have to accept the fact that they are gone and just hope that they are happy wherever they are now.

Filipinos cry when someone they love dies but they believe that they should be happy so their loved one's soul would be happy too.So even it hurts..they still can smile in a funeral home….

Do you agree?

Edited by melody, 07 November 2011 - 02:27 PM.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#2 beeguy

beeguy
  • 884 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 07 November 2011 - 04:44 PM

I saw this statement in blog written by a Filipina and would like to share it here..at least I have one non-provoking post..:D

Some would think its weird but if we will pay attention, we will notice this in almost every funeral home in the Philippines. Have you ever noticed this?

Filipinos are known for loving their family next to God, they feel so much pain when a family member dies. What they think is.. no matter how much we love a person, they can't be with us forever and we just have to accept the fact that they are gone and just hope that they are happy wherever they are now.

Filipinos cry when someone they love dies but they believe that they should be happy so their loved one's soul would be happy too.So even it hurts..they still can smile in a funeral home….

Do you agree?

I think it depends a lot on the circumstances of the death. A sudden violent death of a younger person is shocking and it is hard to see any good in it. The emotions expressed then are often completely of sadness and loss.

On the other hand, the death of a loved one who had a long and fruitful life is a time of reflection on a positive and productive life, and celebration of that life is appropriate after the realization that they are gone. A few tears are shed and then the smiles from the memories of the loved one take over.

The funeral home and the celebration of deceased is for the living, to help us adjust to the loss, to accept the finality, and to remember the joyful times we had with the person. While some of the occasions here in the US I have been to are somber and sad, but most involve smiles and happy recollections of the deceased, especially if they made the most of their lives.

-Keith

03/02/2010: First trip to the Philippines.
04/06/2010: Joined WOF
04/11/2010: Met on Cherry Blossoms.
05/06/2010: Talked her into joining WOF.
05/13/2010: Changed our statuses on Facebook to "in a relationship".
05/28/2010: Met her friend and her employer in Chicago (here on business).
08/17/2010: Booked trip to the Philippines.
09/05/2010: Arrived in Manila late at night. Met her in the waiting area. WOW!
09/08/2010: Met her parents and most of the family!
09/10/2010: Trekked to the top of Mt. Pinatubo and surprised her with a ring. She said YES!
09/19/2010: Had to return to US. :(
03/25/2011: Arrived second visit with her. Together again.
04/14/2011: Flew back to Chicago :(

K-1
07/25/2011: Starting on K-1 package. Where did I put all that stuff???
08/02/2011: K-1 Petition package mailed via Priority Mail to Texas Service Center! The clock is running...

08/09/2011: K-1 Petition package delivered to Texas Service Center.
08/13/2011: K-1 Petition NOA1 received.
01/11/2012: I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) APPROVED
01/27/2012: NVC notification letter received.
02/07/2012: She received the letter from the US Embassy
02/14/2012: She passed the physical at St. Lukes!
02/15/2012: She finished her CFO seminar
02/27/2012: Depart O'Hare for Manila
02/28/2012: Arrived very late in Manila

03/01/2012: Interview at the US Embassy - K1 VISA APPROVED!!
03/07/2012: Visa delivered!
03/08/2012: Got CFO sticker.

03/16/2012: Arrived in the USA together.

05/12/2012: Married!!!

AOS

05/18/2012: Mailed AOS package to USCIS.
08/10/2012: Received temp Emp Auth Card with Advanced Parole from USCIS.

04/04/2013: Received her Permanent Resident Card from USCIS!

Removing Conditions

03/20/2015: Mailed I-751 package to USCIS

03/23/2015: I-751 package arrived at the California Service Center

03/25/2015: I-751 check cashed by USCIS

03/27/2015: I-751 NOA received from USCIS

04/13/2015: Bought tickets to Phil for her brother's wedding in June.

IMG_0692.JPG

#3 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,242 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 08 November 2011 - 02:57 AM

Do you agree?

Yes

To me it is has never made sense when I hear "It is so horrible, they have gone to Heaven"

Keep on truckin'
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#4 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,843 posts
  • lo

Posted 08 November 2011 - 03:48 PM

Yes

To me it is has never made sense when I hear "It is so horrible, they have gone to Heaven"

Keep on truckin'
Fritz

I heard it in one sermon and I've held onto it ever since, "We do not mourn for the departed. Their problems are over. We mourn for those that are left behind, and who must bear the loss."

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#5 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 09 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

I think it depends a lot on the circumstances of the death. A sudden violent death of a younger person is shocking and it is hard to see any good in it. The emotions expressed then are often completely of sadness and loss.

On the other hand, the death of a loved one who had a long and fruitful life is a time of reflection on a positive and productive life, and celebration of that life is appropriate after the realization that they are gone. A few tears are shed and then the smiles from the memories of the loved one take over.

The funeral home and the celebration of deceased is for the living, to help us adjust to the loss, to accept the finality, and to remember the joyful times we had with the person. While some of the occasions here in the US I have been to are somber and sad, but most involve smiles and happy recollections of the deceased, especially if they made the most of their lives.

-Keith

My Smile for you in Wof beeguy......

You're right depend a lot on the circumstances....specially for those affected ones,maybe hard to wear a smile and join in laughters while others are enjoying playing cards and dancing to the beat of the music.....i think the one who really laugh at loud and continue smiling are those neighbours who participate to mourn just for some pieces of bread and a cup of coffee or soft drinks :lol: (sorry my bad).

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#6 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,242 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 09 November 2011 - 05:34 PM

My Smile for you in Wof beeguy......

You're right depend a lot on the circumstances....specially for those affected ones,maybe hard to wear a smile and join in laughters while others are enjoying playing cards and dancing to the beat of the music.....i think the one who really laugh at loud and continue smiling are those neighbours who participate to mourn just for some pieces of bread and a cup of coffee or soft drinks :lol: (sorry my bad).

Not bad ... they are following what people think of as the Irish tradition ... mourn the loss of a friend, tell tall tales of good times together and have a party to celebrate their going to Heaven.

A joyous wake is a tradition I can support :)

The adventure continues
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#7 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 12 November 2011 - 03:15 PM

Not bad ...

:o

they are following what people think of as the Irish tradition ... mourn the loss of a friend, tell tall tales of good times together and have a party to celebrate their going to Heaven.

Ah it's an Irish tradition too.. How could you know that? Have you witnessed the Irish people when they have funeral..?
A joyous wake is a tradition I can support :)

For as long as including this joyous wake...no drunkards fight then...:lol:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users