Jump to content


citizenship application

  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 aleena23

  • Members
  • 145 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 15 July 2017 - 03:37 PM

my sister in law is been green card holde for more than 5 yrs. was not absent in usa for more than 5 ys as well .  married to us citizen  but not in good terms .


>when she fill up the app can she put N/A to  re: husband question ?

>all she need to mail together with N400 is  FEE,COPY OF GREENCARD, MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE . ANYTHING ELSE??



#2 Fritz


    Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

  • Root Admin
  • 3,243 posts
  • Gender:Male
  • Location:Spokane WA USA / Argao Cebu RP
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 17 July 2017 - 03:03 AM

Document Checklist, Current Fees, Naturalization Eligibility Worksheet (PDF, 495 KB)

Download checklist

She does not need to include the marriage certificate as she is basing her petition on time in US being 5 years or more. The minimum she needs is the payment and photocopy of her green card (front & back)

The rest of the items listed are all special cases that she does need unless she sees something on the list that applies to her.

God Bless

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#3 aleena23

  • Members
  • 145 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 20 July 2017 - 06:28 PM

Ok thanks for replying. I thought she need marriage cert because of change name . And she doesn't need to mail application with tax copy ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users