6 replies to this topic

#1 Cersie

Cersie
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • Texas Service Center

Posted 07 July 2017 - 08:54 PM

My parents finally have an interview for US Embassy Manila (yay!). The NVC letter however did not indicate anything about medical exam. 

Are my parents supposed to get an appointment letter for their medical, or should they call SLEC to make the appointment? 

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,763 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 08 July 2017 - 04:54 AM

Your parents can just show up at St Luke's Annex for the medical (about $330 each).  They can contact St Luke's on website or phone (forgot which) to "register," but that's not a requirement.

--Ray B

My parents finally have an interview for US Embassy Manila (yay!). The NVC letter however did not indicate anything about medical exam. 

Are my parents supposed to get an appointment letter for their medical, or should they call SLEC to make the appointment? 

#3 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 09 July 2017 - 02:47 AM

Additional info.

Examination & testing fee (effective October 1, 2016)
15 years or older: Php 16,042.50. Includes payment for mandatory gonnorhea test.
14 years or younger: Php 8,600. If gonnorhea test is required, it will be charged separately.

From the St. Luke's Extension Clinic registration page

ONLINE REGISTRATION
(For U.S. Immigrant Visa Applicants Only)
Upon arrival at SLEC, applicants WILL BE ACCOMMODATED ON A FIRST-COME, FIRST-SERVED BASIS. NO APPOINTMENT IS NECESSARY. This online registration form aims to reduce registration time by having most of the applicant's information ready upon arrival at the registration area. Pre-registered applicants should only need to have their biometrics captured upon arrival at the reception area.

Medical Examination for US Immigrant Visa Applicants: http://www.slec.ph/u...pplicants.shtml

Registration page: http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Contact information & Map showing location: http://www.slec.ph/contact-us.php

Home page with country specific information: http://www.slec.ph/index.php#
United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand

The adventure continues
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#4 yoga85

yoga85
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • manila

Posted 01 October 2017 - 09:47 PM

We finally got an interview date for my mom. She is travelling from Davao and her interview date Nov. 9,2017.

Does she need to be two weeks early in Manila for medical exam prior her interview? or one week is enough?

Please help!

#5 Fritz

Fritz

• Root Admin
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 03 October 2017 - 01:38 PM

One week should be enough ... two days for the exam and allow at least one free day between the exam and the interview.

The adventures continue

Fritz

... and keep it!!!

#6 yoga85

yoga85
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • manila

Posted 04 October 2017 - 11:16 PM

Thank you so much for the reply Fritz. 

I checked and didn't realized that its a holiday in the Philippines Oct 31 special non working day. Nov 1 and 2 all souls day.

I am going to let them fly the 5th which is Sunday and hoping to cue for the Medical exam in Monday and there should be enough couple of days for the interview (Nov 9). Does anyone have the same experience?

Its very stressful, as the flights are getting expensive.

How long after the interview do they get their visa?  I want to book the flights for December as soon as possible before the prices go up before Christmas

#7 Fritz

Fritz

• Root Admin
  • 3,227 posts

Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:34 AM

The visa will arrive in a couple of weeks at most. Once issued it will be shipped by courier to the address given to the Embassy. Near Manila it is just a few days. The further from Manila, the longer the shipping time.

They will know before they leave the Embassy if the visas are approved. As long as there is no problem in delivering the visas, a December flight is no problem.

God Bless
Fritz

... and keep it!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users