6 replies to this topic

#1 Gemini

Gemini
  • Members
  • 431 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 18 June 2017 - 11:21 PM

Hi, good evening my WOF FAMILY....i would like to ask a help here or any suggestions. Next month is our vacation to the Philippines in Cebu and until now I'm still looking for a fully furnished either house, apartment or apartelle to rent good for 15 day's of stay and with free Wi-Fi at least. And also that can accomodate for 8-10 pax, any suggestions please? I prefer Cebu City area and Talisay CITY. And my budget is around Php30K. Thank You in advance my WOF FAMILY and have a good night. God Bless

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:45 PM

I believe 30k is low for the city. Also my opinion is that it is going to be hard to find one place in Cebu to hold that many people, that is if you meant 8-10 persons and few homes are for rent for short term. You might wish to try https://www.airbnb.com/ and see if you can find anything on there. 

Otherwise I see a furnished 3 bedroom 2 bath condo for rent online by the month, possibly you could rent it for a shorter time or for the month and then leave early but I am pretty sure they do not come with internet, I have no idea if they come with cable TV or a/c and electric and water is probably extra but you would have to discuss those things with a rental agent to see what is included, I only point them out so you know to be sure to ask. 

https://rentpad.com....nium/fcd62cb343

If you like you can contact a nice young man we happen to know who is a sales and rental agent there, for his number and email address please send me a private message and I would be happy to give you his contact information. Just so you know Winland is far from top of the line and especially when compared to USA standards but there are many westerners living there full time.. As for internet you could pick up a Smart LTE pocket wifi for around p1,700 or a Smart 4G wifi pocket wifi which is a little slower for p999 and pay by the week, I would suggest the east side of the building for the best connection speed. Here are the packages available http://smart.com.ph/...ackages/surfmax

I use SurfMax on my LTE smart phone and sometimes share it with my computer when we are in Cebu during our yearly stays.

Fully Furnished 3 Bedroom Unit at Winland Towers Condominium
₱ 35,000 /Month
128 sqm

Hope that helps and I wish you luck otherwise finding what you need.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 11:52 PM

I should put in a disclaimer, should you contact that young man and rent a unit from Winland the corporation, I make nothing on it, I do not own any of the apartments you would rent, I am just trying to help you out and help Angelo (the young man) out.  

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#4 Gemini

Gemini
  • Members
  • 431 posts
  • lo

Posted 21 June 2017 - 12:22 AM

Hi Mr. Lee thanks for the reply, I already tried the airbnb and rentpad but there were no availability of my dates. I found one on airbnb but the only thing is you can cook but they have to charge you for the gas. And speaking of Condo, my husband don't like to stay in a condo because they are a tall building. I have friend of mine and offered me Php45K and it's a loft type but it's on the 18th floor. Plus my i don't think if my parent's will like it too. But it is nice because it's in the city.

#5 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 03:26 PM

Hi Mr. Lee thanks for the reply, I already tried the airbnb and rentpad but there were no availability of my dates. I found one on airbnb but the only thing is you can cook but they have to charge you for the gas. And speaking of Condo, my husband don't like to stay in a condo because they are a tall building. I have friend of mine and offered me Php45K and it's a loft type but it's on the 18th floor. Plus my i don't think if my parent's will like it too. But it is nice because it's in the city.

Yup condos are sure not for everyone, we live in a condo in Cebu and in Florida and some of our relatives in Cebu will not come over because of the elevator and the height, which is a plus for me, ;)  we would rather visit them or meet them at the mall and take them out for a meal..

Well I hope you find something, I think you will have to raise your amount and maybe take a few rooms if it will be that many people, most hotels in Cebu do not have very large rooms or suites except possibly the high end ones and as I wrote above, few homes would be for rent for short term. 

#6 Gemini

Gemini
  • Members
  • 431 posts
  • lo

Posted 25 June 2017 - 03:48 PM

Hi Mr. Lee, just to let you know i found one already and it's a fixed price. Thank God

#7 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,102 posts

Posted 25 June 2017 - 09:48 PM

Hi Mr. Lee, just to let you know i found one already and it's a fixed price. Thank God

Thanks for letting me know, I am happy that you found what you wanted. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users