4 replies to this topic

#1 teletipid

teletipid
  • Members
  • 346 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ve

Posted 05 April 2016 - 04:47 AM

hi guys, been a while, busy with our own lives huh.. very quick update, i got my mom here last yr (finally) and until now she's still with us, hopefully to visit phil next yr..

another reason im here is that, we're planning to travel by car with my husband and mom to toronto canada to visit mom's relatives, do we have to do something? me and hubby are US Cit while mom has GC, can we cross to canada without any prob? do we have to bring any documents with us?

hopefully somebody can give me any idea with this  :)  :) thanks

ROC TIMELINE:

December 1,2012 - mailed my ROC package

December 3,2012 - received and signed from Vermont Service Center

December 7,2012 - received I-751 RECEIPT NOTICE (NOA1)

January 18, 2013 -  biometrics May 15,2013. -  RFE

august 12,2013 -  received mail GC APPROVED! (Notice date 8/8/13)  

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE:

March 10, 2014 - Sent N-400 USCIS TX

March 11, 2014 - Received application

March 14, 2014 - Cashed Check $680
March 20, 2014 - NOA1 (notice date 3/13/14)

April 8, 2014      - Biometrics 

August 4,2014   - Naturalization interview (PASSED!!)

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 09:46 AM

I have U.S. residency (Green Card). Do I need a visa or an eTA to visit Canada or can I use my Green Card?

As a U.S. Green Card holder, you do not need a visitor visa to travel to Canada. However, as of March 15, 2016, you need an eTA if you plan to fly to Canada.

When flying to Canada, you will need to present:

• proof of status in the U.S. (such as a valid Green Card), and
  • your valid passport that you used to apply for your eTA.

The border services officer will verify your eTA when you arrive in Canada.

When travelling by land or sea directly from the U.S., you will only need to provide proof of your U.S. lawful permanent resident status (such as your Green Card).

http://www.cic.gc.ca...qnum=593&top=16

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 05 April 2016 - 12:29 PM

You should also bring your passport:

Visitors to Canada
Identification requirements for U. S. citizens and permanent residents

If you are a U.S. citizen, ensure you carry proof of citizenship such as a passport, birth certificate, a certificate of citizenship or naturalization, or a Certificate of Indian Status along with photo identification. If you are a U.S. permanent resident, ensure you carry proof of your status such as a U.S. Permanent Resident Card.

Whether you’re entering by air, land or water, we recommend you carry a valid passport for all travel abroad, including visits to Canada from the U.S. A passport may be required by your airline or alternative transportation authority, as it is the only universally-accepted identification document.

Citizens of the U.S. who are members of the NEXUS program may present their membership card to the CBSA as proof of identification and as a document that denotes citizenship, when arriving by air, land, or marine modes.

Canadian citizens who are members of the FAST program may use their cards as proof of identity when arriving by land and marine modes only.

Permanent residents of the U.S. who are members of the NEXUS or FAST programs must travel with a passport and proof of permanent residence, and may be asked to present these documents to the officer upon arrival at the border.

All visitors arriving from or transiting through the U.S. are encouraged to visit the U.S. Customs and Border Protection website for information concerning the U.S. Western Hemisphere Travel Initiative, and the requirements to enter or return to the U.S.

http://www.cbsa-asfc...v-eng.html#_s1a

You do not need to do the eTA thing if you are entering Canada by car.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#4 teletipid

teletipid
  • Members
  • 346 posts
  • ve

Posted 09 April 2016 - 03:44 AM

thanks for all your input guys..

do we have to be a member of that NEXUS program? we are entering by car. 

ROC TIMELINE:

December 1,2012 - mailed my ROC package

December 3,2012 - received and signed from Vermont Service Center

December 7,2012 - received I-751 RECEIPT NOTICE (NOA1)

January 18, 2013 -  biometrics May 15,2013. -  RFE

august 12,2013 -  received mail GC APPROVED! (Notice date 8/8/13)  

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE:

March 10, 2014 - Sent N-400 USCIS TX

March 11, 2014 - Received application

March 14, 2014 - Cashed Check $680
March 20, 2014 - NOA1 (notice date 3/13/14)

April 8, 2014      - Biometrics 

August 4,2014   - Naturalization interview (PASSED!!)

#5 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:34 PM

You do not have to be a member of the NEXUS program. That part is just clarifying that even if you are a member of NEXUS (a pre-screened border crossing program) you still must travel with your passport and green card. So if NEXUS members don't get out of it, non-NEXUS certainly don't :D For U.S. Citizens, however, the NEXUS card is all that is needed.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users