Photo

Kind of forms needed to petition parents.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 menchie

menchie
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ca

Posted 20 September 2018 - 11:19 PM

Hi everyone,
I posted a new topic days ago for someone else and I was curious about their situation. But this time, I need help for myself and sister. My sister and I are planning to petition our parents, we are both US citizens now. My sister is working rightnow and her husband has a good pay job. So, My sister will be the one sponsoring or petitioning our parents and If Gods willing , our parents will stay in my sisters home. Now, im helping my sister to do a research about petitioning. Hopefully, we can send the application next month, October 2018. The problem is, I am confused while reading other posts that they are talking another kind of form like I-864, i-864 a.
My sister is working but her income is not enough to petition our parents based on the income requirement. So, my sister will add her husbands income so she can support our parents. Her husband doesnt know what to do and besides he is busy. So, he told my sister to take care of the application and do research. They filed their taxes jointly. My sister naturalized or just became US citizen 3 weeks ago. And she will update her sss Tomorrow Friday then by next month hopefully she can send the application to petition our parents. Our dad is 72 years old and our mom is 65 years old. They will stay in my sisters home . My suggestion to my sister that before she send the application, we need our parents to be fully checked up by the doctor so we can know their health status before petitioning them
My questions are:
1. Why other people mentioning Ds 260, i-864 and there are other name of forms that I forgot. I thought My sister will only use I-f 130 form. I am scared to make mistakes and lost the over thousand of dollars for the application.

2. What are the step by step procedures to petition our parents?
3. What are kinds of form we need to fill out aside from I-130?
4. How much income they need so they can petition our parents?

Please help us, so we can start the application soon and bring our parents here while they are physically strong and healthy. I am not sure, if my parents want to be a citizen someday. They are old now, and most of my siblings are living in the Philippines. My father is only excited about to touch a snow, and see america, 😊 but of course to see their grandchildren here and meet their son in laws family. I need help and advices . Thank you in advance for all advices and suggestions.

Edited by menchie, 20 September 2018 - 11:24 PM.

FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

#2 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,251 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 21 September 2018 - 04:49 AM

She will fill out two complete sets of these three forms. One set will have Mom as the Immigrant and the other set will list Dad as the Immigrant

I-130 is the petition for a visa. She will file this separately for each person sponsored.
I-864 is the Affidavit of Support. Your sister will file this form for herself. An I-864 will be attached to each I-130
I-864A is the Affidavit of Support for a Household Member pooling their resources with the primary sponsor. This one is filled out for her husband. An I-864A will be attached to each I-130

In Part 2 of the I-864 Fill out the information for the immigrant named on the I-130 the form will be attached to.
In Part 3 #1 of the I-864 check YES and leave the rest of Part 3 blank as only one person is being petitioned by the I-130 the form will be attached to.

In Part 5 of the I-864A Fill out the information for Intending Immigrant 1 ONLY. Again this is is the immigrant named on the I-130 this form will be attached to.

Each set of three forms and the requested documents for that set will be assembled as a packet and sent to USCIS by mail. (USCIS Form Filing Tips)

Income requirements are listed in the I-864P form.

For a household of 4 (Sister, brother in law, Mom and Dad) living in the Lower 48 states the required gross annual income is $31,375

State Department Immigrant Visa Process general instructions

US Embassy, Manila Family Based Immigration
US Embassy, Manila What to do after NVC notifies you of an approved petition.

The general steps
1) Mail the I-130 package to USCIS.
2) USCIS will process the petition. If anything else is needed, then an RFE (Request for Evidence) will be sent to the petioner and processing will be on hold until the requested items are received.
3) When USCIS approves the petition, it will be forwarded to the NVC. Beneficiary will receive instructions to fill out the Visa Application (DS-260) and Affidavit of Support Fees (DS-261) at this time.
4) After the DS-261 step is complete, you will be able to schedule the Embassy interview. Allow 2 or 3 weeks for the packets to be delivered to the Embassy before scheduling the interview
There are instructions specific to the US Embassy in Manila for everything after NVC asks you to file the DS-260.

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#3 menchie

menchie
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ca

Posted 23 September 2018 - 06:35 AM

Thank you so much Sir Fritz. Ive been reading different posts and experiences on petitoning parents. It is a lot of works. I will keep you posted and I will ask more questions everytime I encounter problem and confusion. Hopefully, there will be no problems with their health and the petition process . Thank you so much. May God bless your kind heart. You are one of those people who helped my Journey from K1 to naturalization.
FOR WHOM THE BELL TOLLS

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users