5 replies to this topic

#1 BradandJocelyn

BradandJocelyn
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 16 July 2018 - 12:09 PM

Hi guys I am trying to petition my mom and my step-dad. How would you answer the question on I-864 Part 2 Information about the principal immigrant and the Part 3 Information about the Immigrant you are sponsoring?  I'm assuming that on each parent the other will be the family member. Is that correct? 

Also, we have tax transcripts for 2016 as our most recent. Our 2017 transcripts are delayed because in May we got a letter from the IRS requesting us to contact them to be sure it wasn't a fraudulent return. We did so over the phone and it should have been resolved. Unfortunately, when I went to get 2017 transcripts online I got a notice of non-filing notice instead. I contacted the IRS last Friday and unfortunately when we contacted them by phone to resolve it the lady that took our call apparently didn't key it in to the system, therefore, now they have to send us a new notice and we will have to call once again to prove its not fraudulent so we won't have our transcripts for 2017. My question is should we make a copy of 2017 1040, a copy of the non-filing letter and write an explanation of what has transpired to explain why 2017 isn't available or simply send the 2016 transcript and include no explanation for 2017?

Thanks so much. The interview is on July 20. 

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 16 July 2018 - 04:49 PM

Your assumptions are correct (regarding principal immigrant and family member).

What you propose for the tax transcripts is about all you can do. Note that the purpose of the tax transcripts is to verify the amount of income you have and have nothing to do whether or not you filed; or filed on time; so make sure you include a copy of the W-2, as that will have the income stated.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 BradandJocelyn

BradandJocelyn
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • ca

Posted 16 July 2018 - 06:15 PM

Thank you Marc. I forgot to mention that I am self-employed so I have no W-2's only my 1040 which I found out the hard way at my wifes interview years ago is not proof of income as anyone could fill out a 1040 for any amount that they wish. Just since I started this thread the Embassy sent my wife a request stating what documents will be needed for the interview. Included in that is 2017 Tax Returns and W2's. I'm going to try to contact the embassy tonight and tell them my situation and we may possibly have to reschedule their interviews in order to have time for the IRS situation to get cleared up. I don't see that I really have any other alternative at this point.

Thanks so much for your time as always.

#4 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 17 July 2018 - 12:32 PM

You can include bank statements for proof of income. You will also need the letter of explanation regarding the 2017 1040. To be thorough include as many back-years of transcripts as you can, to show a history of that income level.

Best of luck to you.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#5 BradandJocelyn

BradandJocelyn
  • Members
  • 147 posts
  • ca

Posted 17 July 2018 - 10:54 PM

Hadn't thought of the bank statements Marc, great idea. Turns out her Fathers interview will be the 20th and her Mothers has been rescheduled for September as they do a culture test on a positive TB test. My hope is that I can supply enough information for her father's interview but if not certainly I should be able to supply a tax transcript of 2017 by the September date of her Mothers interview. If its anything like my wife's interview if the proof isn't sufficient they will simply request additional information which will give us time to supply the information. I can get them an account transcript and a wage and income transcript just not the return transcript.

Thank you again.

#6 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 18 July 2018 - 12:12 PM

That should be good. Remember it is all about verifying the income on the 864 (pretty much).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users