• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Brian1000

Brian1000
  • Members
  • 11 posts
  • te

Posted 22 July 2012 - 04:44 AM

Why are Filipinas obsessed with having straight hair? I think my Honey looks great with nice fluffy hair, but she always wants it straight. It looks good either way and since the rebonding process makes her hair brittle and fall out later, it doesn't seem worth it. Any way she insists. So what should she do for her brittle hair?

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:41 AM

Why are Filipinas obsessed with having straight hair? I think my Honey looks great with nice fluffy hair, but she always wants it straight. It looks good either way and since the rebonding process makes her hair brittle and fall out later, it doesn't seem worth it. Any way she insists. So what should she do for her brittle hair?

Coconut conditioner and Coconut shampoo seems to help keep my wife's hair in good shape and on the rare occasion she wishes to straighten it out she uses a hair iron, which I am sure also does damage to the hair.

I am not sure why some women would do the bonding thing to their hair and especially if you like it fluffy. Posted Image

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 saccharine

saccharine
  • 354 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:San Jose CA

Posted 22 July 2012 - 08:17 PM

they want to look like superstars!

#4 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 23 July 2012 - 02:15 PM

Grass is always greener. It isn't just Filipinas.

People (worldwide) with straight hair want curly hair. People with curly hair want straight hair. People with light hair want dark hair. People with dark hair want light hair. People with dark skin want light skin. People with light skin want dark skin. Etc.

Specifically to the Philippines, all the beauty commercials show light-skinned girls with long straight shiny hair. So that is the 'beauty target' there.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#5 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,677 posts
  • em

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:09 AM

Grass is always greener. It isn't just Filipinas.

People (worldwide) with straight hair want curly hair. People with curly hair want straight hair. People with light hair want dark hair. People with dark hair want light hair. People with dark skin want light skin. People with light skin want dark skin. Etc.

I think this happens most to the women. Means, we are just complicated creatures and not easy to be felt contented :lol:

Specifically to the Philippines, all the beauty commercials show light-skinned girls with long straight shiny hair. So that is the 'beauty target' there.

Usually tv advertisements,magazines etc. have brought influence to us people. If majority follow the same thing , we tend to be like them..hayyyyyyy, no way to be very beautiful..it cost lots of money to .... :lol:

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#6 coolbreeze

coolbreeze
  • Members
  • 69 posts
  • lo

Posted 24 July 2012 - 10:39 AM

I'm guilty on this. I have curly hair and I want it straight. My hair looks better straight, I think. There are shampoos and conditioners for damaged hair. The hair salons would normally sell these products but there are a lot available in the market. She just has to choose the product that works for her.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users