melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,677 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 16 October 2010 - 12:45 PM

QUOTE (beeguy @ Oct 15 2010, 05:42 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Shone said Google not ogle.

LOL I guess I need to pay attention to who I am answering.

Sorry beeguy... That is what I get for trying to do one last thing before leaving the house. laugh.gif tongue.gif

Shone is right. The women are not going to the husband's home and forcing them to do anything. Yes some husbands are bad people. There are even many husbands in the Philippines that are out drinking Red Horse while his wife is earning the money to feed their children (and him) working at the bars and cam studios (with his full consent if not forced to by him).

Not only Red Horse but San Miguel and Tanduay as well.. yet they don't ride a horse only carabao.. laugh.gif

Yah good guy..ahem beeguy...i understand..as i have said there are many factors behind such job...some are for feeding their children and others are just they like it..nature pleasure..

Edited by melody, 16 October 2010 - 12:47 PM.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#22 CuteBabes

CuteBabes
  • 963 posts
  • lo
  • Local Office:None

Posted 16 October 2010 - 07:34 PM

Oh no! i think i'm not good into speech..i may not have vote for politics...

I’m glad that you notice it.

So do u call it a 'White-side'? Tell me what could be the appropriate topic title for this...

You posted the topic, so why are you asking me? My answer is plain and simple “I don’t know” go figure out yourself. As, it is your post you can read it again and again and you might as well come up with the correct word at the end. Better luck next time!

I think to agree with you….this is why I'm not into showing myself the best I have…I prefer to be simple type and I think some people may wonder why I keep remaining that way though I have something to afford. There are people who shows they have everything in life,huge home,nice car,presenable clothes etc…but something they hide..they may get their income worst than those women in the bar.

I’ve given you an example in the hope to widen your understanding to be more sensitive to those people who are less fortunate than you are. I didn’t mean to apply it to yourself as I am not asking who you are and what can you afford to.

Huh..i think never you visited the site BNN (before it turns to another name)….as you browse such site..on the screen you can find 'The Dark-Side of Fil-West Relationshiop'. I wondered and post a thread about knowing trying to know what is all about. No one seemed to tell me the truth until a very nice member there pm me and explained it to me. He said it called Dark-side bcoz they (foreign men) take threir wives in a military manner.

Wow, I was pretty dumb stupid to not know the meaning of dark side that I had to browse the net and go to the said BNN site to get such definitions. Thank you for such thought, Melody. With your written comment, it does show how criticism you are towards individual who you really don’t know. I am not familiar to that site you mention above as I am working full time and I don’t have much time in my hands to be in the computer 24/7. Can you share us the site so that everybody can read it if they are interested in since you open this topic here maybe we get more ideas from that site.

So do you think they are evil doing that way or they are doing harm against the tradition of Phil. people? Tell me……

By the way, it was you who posted the topic and title it as “Dark side of some Filipina women” and now you are asking me of your own confusion? Are you trying to be funny, Melody? Don’t ask me instead you tell me. Get up and have some fresh shower to refresh your coconut shell. I will reverse the question to you, what do you think are they evil because of the kind of work they are having? It was you who doesn’t understand your own post, Melody. Have you tried going back and reading on some of the responses that you have written? It seems to me that you don’t comprehend your own created topic as you didn’t come up with the correct words to write down when you reply to someone who disagree with your topic title.

I'm not accusing those people bad..i'm trying to judge the kind of job they are doing. Of course as I have said they have hearts and sentiments and there may be factors that lead them to choose that way of life. As you observe in my post..i just explaining their backgrounds and observation…they..being in the dark-side of such job.

Melody, once again, after reading your post the only concern that I would like to address to you since from the beginning is the word “dark side”. “Dark side of some Filipino women” doesn’t sounds good to me as I am a pure blooded Filipina. It doesn’t mean that women who work in the bar have evil side of them that you have to use dark side on your sentence. You should have done all your research papers with facts before posted it here, as the type of job you mention on your post is not only known and applied in the Philippines but around the globe and it happens everywhere whether in a poor and rich country. You should be thankful and grateful to god that you weren’t on those hazardous situations that you have to clutch a knife blade to feed your belly. Each individual has its own way of surviving and fighting for poverty and we are one of those few individuals who are lucky enough to have a good judgment that we were able to have chosen the healthy and good way of fighting poverty without ruining ourselves.

How cute u are babe….trying to take u your vote for me…

Nice try, Melody!

K1 VISA TIMELINE
NOA1----------------------8/22/05
NOA2---------------------11/28/05
NVC-----------------------12/8/05
Med------------------------4/18/06
Intv------------------------4/25/06 (Approved)
Flown to Fresno CA------5/18/06
Birthday/got married---- 7/17/06
---------------------------------
ADJUSTMENT OF STATUS TIMELINE
Mailed Application I-485-------8/29/06
Received NOA1------------------9/6/06
Received NOA2------------------9/15/06
Case transferred to CSC--------9/15/06
Biometric Schedule -------------9/23/06
Received Welcome Notice -----10/19/06
Received Green Card------------10/23/06 (without interview)
------------------------------------
PETITION TO REMOVE CONDITIONS ON RESIDENCE
2-year GC Expired---------------------------------------10/13/08
Mailed Application I-751--------------------------------7/12/08
Received NOA1 -GC extended for 1-year-------7/14/08
Received NOA2 -ASC Appointment Notice----7/17/08
Biometric Schedule--------------------------------------8/1/08
Case Approved-------------------------------------------11/6/08
Received 10-year GC---------------------------11/14/08 (without interview)
-------------------------------------
NATURALIZATION
N400 Application----------------------4/22/11
Received NOA1-------------------------4/25/11
Biometric Appointment-----------------6/10/11
Interview Appointment-----------------7/19/11
Oathtaking Ceremony-------------------8/26/11

#23 AYENSGUYTOM

AYENSGUYTOM

Ayensguy

• 771 posts
  • Interests:food, wine, sports, politics, world news, family
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:01 AM

I really think Shone and Cutebabes got this one right,, honorable mention
to a few others.
Is judgment more powerful then compassion ? Is ridicule more valuable then
understanding ? hmmm
I have learned so many lessens from the day I started venturing out into
the world via the internet to look for a partner, it has been an education,..

I will share this one;
I spoke once to a young woman, it was just her , mama and lil'sis
she was poor , simple and certainly disadvantaged in life. They all looked
for cleaning jobs to make money for food and such.
One day she discovered the computer, and then a dating website and she
was so hopeful,,, in fact she even met me huh rolleyes.gif
but before me, their was another man, from her country who she met online
and he professed to love her,... he offered to meet her, give mama a monthly allowance
when she consented to their marriage and he would marry her and her troubles would
be over,... she agreed and gave her address and they arranged to meet.
When he arrived it seems THE SCUM was from a common red light area and was actually
offering mama money to buy her daughter for bar work,... it was lot of money to them.
Thank God and Jesus in heaven,... Thank Buddha, Thank Vishnu, Jah and Allah as well,
that mama had the strength to say no ! She said he was persistent and finally went away
very mad. I asked if she would report him to the dating site but she declined because
she did not want any trouble and then asked if she would tell the police in case he
returned and she said no because they were corrupt and she was afraid,....This was
not ayen , it was before ayen and I am sad to say, I do not know what happened
because one day she just stopped communicating with me... I pray for the best.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

huh.gif

#24 Gregg

Gregg
  • 1,534 posts
  • ca

Posted 17 October 2010 - 02:31 AM

QUOTE (AYENSGUYTOM @ Oct 16 2010, 09:01 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I really think Shone and Cutebabes got this one right,, honorable mention
to a few others.
Is judgment more powerful then compassion ? Is ridicule more valuable then
understanding ? hmmm
I have learned so many lessens from the day I started venturing out into
the world via the internet to look for a partner, it has been an education,..

I will share this one;
I spoke once to a young woman, it was just her , mama and lil'sis
she was poor , simple and certainly disadvantaged in life. They all looked
for cleaning jobs to make money for food and such.
One day she discovered the computer, and then a dating website and she
was so hopeful,,, in fact she even met me huh rolleyes.gif
but before me, their was another man, from her country who she met online
and he professed to love her,... he offered to meet her, give mama a monthly allowance
when she consented to their marriage and he would marry her and her troubles would
be over,... she agreed and gave her address and they arranged to meet.
When he arrived it seems THE SCUM was from a common red light area and was actually
offering mama money to buy her daughter for bar work,... it was lot of money to them.
Thank God and Jesus in heaven,... Thank Buddha, Thank Vishnu, Jah and Allah as well,
that mama had the strength to say no ! She said he was persistent and finally went away
very mad. I asked if she would report him to the dating site but she declined because
she did not want any trouble and then asked if she would tell the police in case he
returned and she said no because they were corrupt and she was afraid,....This was
not ayen , it was before ayen and I am sad to say, I do not know what happened
because one day she just stopped communicating with me... I pray for the best.

http://www.youtube.c...feature=related

huh.gif

Thoughtful and compelling post Tom mellow.gif

03/22/08 Met on CB
09/12/08 Met in person
09/15/08 Engaged
10/16/08 Annulment filed
09/16/09 2nd trip
01/26/11 Annulment granted finally!

........K1 TIME LINE......

01/29/11 K-1 packet mailed to Dallas TX
02/05/11 Package delivered
02/14/11 Received NOA1
05/20/11 Received NAO2 APPROVED!
05/27/11 Received case #
06/15/11 Medical - Sputum cultures ordered - result positive
07/13/11 TB treatment started
09/11/11 3rd trip to Philippines
01/14/12 TB treatment at Saint Luke's Completed
02/10/12 Results of final sputum culture negative
02/14/12 Re-medical
02/26/12 Medical clearance obtained
03/27/12 Embassy interview - Approved!
04/12/12 Visa Received!! - What a great day!!
04/24/12 CFO stickers obtained
04/27/12 Arrive at O'Hare at 8:40 AM via Japan Airlines
05/10/12 Wedded Bilss!

#25 melody

melody

• 2,677 posts
  • em

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (CuteBabes @ Oct 16 2010, 04:34 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm glad that you notice it.

Cleary because I'm not a politician…I'm a topic starter tongue.gif

You posted the topic, so why are you asking me? My answer is plain and simple "I don't know" go figure out yourself. As, it is your post you can read it again and again and you might as well come up with the correct word at the end. Better luck next time!

I'm asking u because you said u can't call it dark-side..so maybe u know what would be the best title I should provide..but I was wrong even you can't figure out by yourself..so why you pressure such word not having in mind what would be the appropriate title . I can read it again and again and found the same 'dark-side'….for my luck.. tongue.gif

I've given you an example in the hope to widen your understanding to be more sensitive to those people who are less fortunate than you are. I didn't mean to apply it to yourself as I am not asking who you are and what can you afford to.

Huh..i gave you an example as well letting you mind that I understand this point..maybe you just don't get it…better luck nxt time. tongue.gif

Wow, I was pretty dumb stupid to not know the meaning of dark side that I had to browse the net and go to the said BNN site to get such definitions. Thank you for such thought, Melody. With your written comment, it does show how criticism you are towards individual who you really don't know. I am not familiar to that site you mention above as I am working full time and I don't have much time in my hands to be in the computer 24/7. Can you share us the site so that everybody can read it if they are interested in since you open this topic here maybe we get more ideas from that site.

Wow..are you a professor or a language expert? Sorry I didn't know…Melody is not fluent in English and i think i'm retard..Kindly define to me DARK..i don't know what is ur meaning. And if you think I criticize you..that is your feeling…don't get too much sensitive here. tongue.gif

[/color]

Well..the site has new name..now it's 'angbuhaynet'. I already stock my ideas and learning and use it when It is really needed…now I would like to get more ideas from you..

By the way, it was you who posted the topic and title it as "Dark side of some Filipina women" and now you are asking me of your own confusion?

I think I make other confuse….instead of answering me directly , you are trying to distruct me.

Are you trying to be funny, Melody? Don't ask me instead you tell me.

I thought I'm the only funny here..i would like you compare dark-side of Fil-West relationship to this Dark-side of my thread's title.

Get up and have some fresh shower to refresh your coconut shell.

Ouch..slow your tonque! I take fresh shower everyday and get-up early…

I will reverse the question to you, what do you think are they evil because of the kind of work they are having?

And I answer you with a question.Have you seen here that I wrote and describe those people as evil? I repeat we all are sinners and no one is perfect neither you nor i.

It was you who doesn't understand your own post, Melody. Have you tried going back and reading on some of the responses that you have written?

Of course..now take a look another time to my thread…can you notice any questions there? Not even one….but members give their reactions. The thread is just a summary of their story and if you want the entire book for them..i already figure it out by myself.
tongue.gif

It seems to me that you don't comprehend your own created topic as you didn't come up with the correct words to write down when you reply to someone who disagree with your topic title.

As I have said..i take shower everyday and I refresh my coconut shell…i comprehend that you can't understand the topic title..so I disagree to it. tongue.gif

Melody, once again, after reading your post the only concern that I would like to address to you since from the beginning is the word "dark side". "Dark side of some Filipino women" doesn't sounds good to me as I am a pure blooded Filipina. It doesn't mean that women who work in the bar have evil side of them that you have to use dark side on your sentence. You should have done all your research papers with facts before posted it here, as the type of job you mention on your post is not only known and applied in the Philippines but around the globe and it happens everywhere whether in a poor and rich country. You should be thankful and grateful to god that you weren't on those hazardous situations that you have to clutch a knife blade to feed your belly. Each individual has its own way of surviving and fighting for poverty and we are one of those few individuals who are lucky enough to have a good judgment that we were able to have chosen the healthy and good way of fighting poverty without ruining ourselves.

I'm pure-blooded Filipina as well…I recognize those sacrifice everyone make to survive and very thankful to God of my blessing hoping success for others too…but one thing I would like to tell u..not all of those people engage to such job is for a survival..Isn't? I tell one real story (not mentioning the other one).I had a friend born from a rich family with loving parents..i describe her a pretty person..not only her ourside appearance but to the way she treated me.Her parents already prepared a job for her after college but I think she didn't care for it at all. She got pregnant at college,stopped her studies no desire anymore to go back at in school. Some months after the birth of her child..she separated from her husband and decided to go japan..working in a bar as an entertainer…from now and then she continually change guys and have 5 siblings with different dad..See how much sufference she have brought to her parents..though her parents always welcome her heartilty and ready to forgive her. Not for survival for sure she's doing that job having a rich family ready to give her financial support all the time. I still love her as my old friend and really concern of her trying to ask her contact address.

Now SHOUT to all professors here !!! DARK definition is needed…waiting someone more than cutebabes to correct me.

Nice try, Melody!

Thanks..i thought it's a bad try..maybe there could a hope that i be promoted.. laugh.gif

Edited by melody, 18 October 2010 - 11:49 AM.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#26 beeguy

beeguy
  • 884 posts
  • te

Posted 17 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

Melody. What you described with the girl with rich parents can happen anywhere (ever hear of Paris Hilton). I think the problem most people are having with this is the clear insinuation of the title that Filipinas have a tendency to immoral things when maybe the question aught to be "What drives some desperately poor women into things you consider immoral to help them and their families survive in any culture anywhere in the world?" It is not a Filipina thing even though you may be more aware and sensitive to it. In the west, a much higher proportion or the women in the situation you are talking about it do it to support drug habits. I hear it even goes on in Italy!

03/02/2010: First trip to the Philippines.
04/06/2010: Joined WOF
04/11/2010: Met on Cherry Blossoms.
05/06/2010: Talked her into joining WOF.
05/13/2010: Changed our statuses on Facebook to "in a relationship".
05/28/2010: Met her friend and her employer in Chicago (here on business).
08/17/2010: Booked trip to the Philippines.
09/05/2010: Arrived in Manila late at night. Met her in the waiting area. WOW!
09/08/2010: Met her parents and most of the family!
09/10/2010: Trekked to the top of Mt. Pinatubo and surprised her with a ring. She said YES!
09/19/2010: Had to return to US. :(
03/25/2011: Arrived second visit with her. Together again.
04/14/2011: Flew back to Chicago :(

K-1
07/25/2011: Starting on K-1 package. Where did I put all that stuff???
08/02/2011: K-1 Petition package mailed via Priority Mail to Texas Service Center! The clock is running...

08/09/2011: K-1 Petition package delivered to Texas Service Center.
08/13/2011: K-1 Petition NOA1 received.
01/11/2012: I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) APPROVED
01/27/2012: NVC notification letter received.
02/07/2012: She received the letter from the US Embassy
02/14/2012: She passed the physical at St. Lukes!
02/15/2012: She finished her CFO seminar
02/27/2012: Depart O'Hare for Manila
02/28/2012: Arrived very late in Manila

03/01/2012: Interview at the US Embassy - K1 VISA APPROVED!!
03/07/2012: Visa delivered!
03/08/2012: Got CFO sticker.

03/16/2012: Arrived in the USA together.

05/12/2012: Married!!!

AOS

05/18/2012: Mailed AOS package to USCIS.
08/10/2012: Received temp Emp Auth Card with Advanced Parole from USCIS.

04/04/2013: Received her Permanent Resident Card from USCIS!

Removing Conditions

03/20/2015: Mailed I-751 package to USCIS

03/23/2015: I-751 package arrived at the California Service Center

03/25/2015: I-751 check cashed by USCIS

03/27/2015: I-751 NOA received from USCIS

04/13/2015: Bought tickets to Phil for her brother's wedding in June.

IMG_0692.JPG

#27 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,261 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 17 October 2010 - 05:54 PM

Melody

"The Dark Side" of a person usually refers to 'wanting' to do evil. Whether for gain or amusement. It also refers tp to those parts of society that are populated by those who have "turned to the Dark Side". Crooked dealings are "shady". People who are crooked are "shady". Someone who is really evil is "blackhearted'". A "black day" is a day when something causing great grief occurs. Saying that someone is bad "blackens" their reputation. Equating evil with darkness is something found in all cultures. You will normally find the blackhearted blackguards hiding in the shadows of the shady side of town unable to face the bright and radiant glory of the white knights and other others who are radiating the bright glow of purity and goodness.

There are good people who have gone over to the Dark Side, there are evil people who have redeemed themselves. This is not a Filipino phenomenon. To find the kind of "dark people" you describe, just visit the nearest large town or city. You'll find the bar scene and red light district. Even small villages will have their dark siders, though usually people will identify individuals rather than a district. Most people have no problem imagining what the Shady Lady Who Lives Down the Lane does for a living, though some may suspect witch or sorceress rather than the more salacious personal services.

The forum you were directed to was created so that members would not have to worry if their postings were good, bad or indifferent. The section name "The Dark Side" appropriated the term as a fitting title for the subject. It didn't redefine a term that has been in use for many long years. I doubt that the other forum predates the first appearance of the Jedi Knights, yest George Lucas had the term ready for use in his stories in the early 1970s.

You allowd the discussion to be sidetracked by the irrelevant. Enough prattle, time to return to The Melody Topic of Discussion.

The adventure continues
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#28 AYENSGUYTOM

AYENSGUYTOM

Ayensguy

• 771 posts
  • Interests:food, wine, sports, politics, world news, family
  • ca

Posted 17 October 2010 - 06:51 PM

QUOTE (beeguy @ Oct 17 2010, 08:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Melody. What you described with the girl with rich parents can happen anywhere (ever hear of Paris Hilton). I think the problem most people are having with this is the clear insinuation of the title that Filipinas have a tendency to immoral things when maybe the question aught to be "What drives some desperately poor women into things you consider immoral to help them and their families survive in any culture anywhere in the world?" It is not a Filipina thing even though you may be more aware and sensitive to it. In the west, a much higher proportion or the women in the situation you are talking about it do it to support drug habits. I hear it even goes on in Italy!

I think bee guy calls it correct here,...

the choices of the disadvantaged ( economical or spiritual )
should never be a reflection of a whole ethnic or cultural group in society,
...people in the best of circumstance make the wrong choices.
( apples anyone ? )
to be fair to Melody, although obviously she
can represent herself, I think she was misunderstood
in her original post.

But it does feel at times that;
we all walk through life muddy, and some
of us find the soap or were handed the soap...hmm
but then some , once clean, forget what it is like to
walk around muddy with no soap in site ,...

rolleyes.gif

#29 melody

melody

• 2,677 posts
  • em

Posted 18 October 2010 - 08:58 AM

QUOTE (beeguy @ Oct 17 2010, 12:44 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Everywhere in the world it happens...in any culture,so i'm not wrong to post it here.I would like only to point out that not only for survivial they do it.Since we are human and exactly what you mentiioned..we have tendency to immoral things not that they are evil-doers..many things drive them to such work.

#30 melody

melody

• 2,677 posts
  • em

Posted 18 October 2010 - 10:08 AM

QUOTE (Fritz @ Oct 17 2010, 02:54 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Melody

Fritz..you have been always sincere yet open-minded and gentle..

"The Dark Side" of a person usually refers to 'wanting' to do evil. Whether for gain or amusement.

So let me understand..perhaps i was wrongly informed..BNN was the site where i came to know WOF..as i have said i posted a topic asking what Dark side of the Fil-West relationship of their site all about..it was not because they take filipina women in a military way or simply it was a non moderated site? Or because they want to do 'evil' for gain and amusement? blink.gif Maybe Sir Mark could tell me completely how was the words be defined to such site.

There are good people who have gone over to the Dark Side, there are evil people who have redeemed themselves. This is not a Filipino phenomenon. To find the kind of "dark people" you describe, just visit the nearest large town or city. You'll find the bar scene and red light district. Even small villages will have their dark siders, though usually people will identify individuals rather than a district. Most people have no problem imagining what the Shady Lady Who Lives Down the Lane does for a living, though some may suspect witch or sorceress rather than the more salacious personal services.

I have been in the town or city many times and sometimes come back home late at night..I have seen such type of environment you said and the type of society being viewed at night.

The forum you were directed to was created so that members would not have to worry if their postings were good, bad or indifferent. The section name "The Dark Side" appropriated the term as a fitting title for the subject.

smile.gif wink.gif

You allowd the discussion to be sidetracked by the irrelevant. Enough prattle, time to return to The Melody Topic of Discussion.

So...return on trucking.. wink.gif

And so i would like to examine well the word dark itself. If one tells i have a dark side of my life..it cannot be understood as having a sorrow,tragedy or sad part of one's life? Or dark gnerally refers to evil thing or evil-doers? Enlighten my retard mind.

The adventure continues
Fritz

Edited by melody, 18 October 2010 - 12:03 PM.

#31 melody

melody

• 2,677 posts
  • em

Posted 18 October 2010 - 11:54 AM

QUOTE (AYENSGUYTOM @ Oct 17 2010, 03:51 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think bee guy calls it correct here,...and so i'm wrong to call it... laugh.gif

the choices of the disadvantaged ( economical or spiritual )
should never be a reflection of a whole ethnic or cultural group in society,
...people in the best of circumstance make the wrong choices.

I think not to generalized the choice of those people..as you can observe I wrote some Filipina women. I recognized that the choices of life depends on individuals but if majority make the choice practical in everday’s life..it could become a part of the culture.Yet there are those remain the exception.

( apples anyone ? or pizza anyone? ) blink.gif

to be fair to Melody, although obviously she
can represent herself, I think she was misunderstood
in her original post.

Hahaha thanks for the fair vote Tom. For my luck I’m not Jerry.. laugh.gif Maybe I just make others confuse.If I am wrong for my observation..surely I’m so humble to admit it.

But it does feel at times that;
we all walk through life muddy, and some
of us find the soap or were handed the soap...hmm
but then some , once clean, forget what it is like to
walk around muddy with no soap in site ,...

rolleyes.gif
Better I make fresh shower for my coconut shell... rolleyes.gif

#32 Fritz

Fritz

• Root Admin
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

QUOTE (name='Melody' Date='October 18 2010 @ 30:08 AM' Post=267825)
And so i would like to examine well the word dark itself. If one tells i have a dark side of my life..it cannot be understood as having a sorrow,tragedy or sad part of one's life? Or dark gnerally refers to evil thing or evil-doers? Enlighten my retard mind.

Tragedy and things that go wrong are seen as bringing darkness into our life. In this usage it is not necessarily evil, but since they dim the brightness and gaiety of spirit they are 'dark events' and times of sadness are 'dark days'. In general, light and goodness refer to good things and happy making things while darkness and evil refer to bad things and events and actions that bring sorrow.

The Bible also uses light and dark in this manner. Goodness is marked by bright light and cleanliness. Bad is marked by dim light/darkness and dirt. So we have "white knights", "clean language", "you brighten my day" all meaning good things and "a dark pall". "a darkness in my soul", "shady dealings", "dirty tricks" all meaning bad things.

Keep on truckin'
Fritz

... and keep it!!!

#33 melody

melody

• 2,677 posts
  • em

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:26 PM

QUOTE (Fritz @ Oct 18 2010, 12:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Tragedy and things that go wrong are seen as bringing darkness into our life. In this usage it is not necessarily evil, but since they dim the brightness and gaiety of spirit they are 'dark events' and times of sadness are 'dark days'. In general, light and goodness refer to good things and happy making things while darkness and evil refer to bad things and events and actions that bring sorrow.

Relating this statement of yours to my thread..do u think i can apply it too for the meaning of Dark side ?

The Bible also uses light and dark in this manner. Goodness is marked by bright light and cleanliness. Bad is marked by dim light/darkness and dirt. So we have "white knights", "clean language", "you brighten my day" all meaning good things and "a dark pall". "a darkness in my soul", "shady dealings", "dirty tricks" all meaning bad things.

Thanks for additional info...

Keep on truckin'
Fritz

#34 Fritz

Fritz

• Root Admin
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 18 October 2010 - 03:44 PM

QUOTE (Melody @ October 19, 2010 8:26 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Relating this statement of yours to my thread..do u think i can apply it too for the meaning of Dark side ?

QUOTE ('Melody' @ 'First post in thread')
Due to life's economic difficulties,some pinay fights against poverty with unpleasant way. Great part of the come from provinces..born from a very poor family,abandon from parents,no guidance from anybody,without or with children to nurture... whatever reason may be…with still their explendor they try to explore the life of the "hospitality girls" in some bars,night clubs or beer-gardens possibly in the cities. Just an exchange of some pesos instantly gain with a secret hope to find a foreign BF who could propose to bring them in the US. With such exotic beauty and golden skin( in search of fortune and better future) that could melt foreign hearts..some men fall into tramp.

Sad to tell this is the dark side story of some Filipino women.

The girls are being tempted by the promise of rich rewards and some find those rich rewards. But the lifestyle they often endure when making this choice can make them unhappy or bring harm to the girl or her family. It is this aspect that makes the lifestyle 'bad' even when the motives are 'good'. As an added problem the entertainment offered is favored by people who are not good, so the girls are more likely to find bad partners through this lifestyle than if they accepted poverty and used other 'nicer' methods of snagging a rich husband.

The adventure continues
Fritz

... and keep it!!!

#35 beeguy

beeguy
  • 884 posts
  • te

Posted 18 October 2010 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (Fritz @ Oct 18 2010, 10:44 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The girls are being tempted by the promise of rich rewards and some find those rich rewards. But the lifestyle they often endure when making this choice can make them unhappy or bring harm to the girl or her family. It is this aspect that makes the lifestyle 'bad' even when the motives are 'good'. As an added problem the entertainment offered is favored by people who are not good, so the girls are more likely to find bad partners through this lifestyle than if they accepted poverty and used other 'nicer' methods of snagging a rich husband.

The adventure continues
Fritz

Yes, but the do-gooders in the US want to block them from meeting a decent person at an on-line meeting place.

03/02/2010: First trip to the Philippines.
04/06/2010: Joined WOF
04/11/2010: Met on Cherry Blossoms.
05/06/2010: Talked her into joining WOF.
05/13/2010: Changed our statuses on Facebook to "in a relationship".
05/28/2010: Met her friend and her employer in Chicago (here on business).
08/17/2010: Booked trip to the Philippines.
09/05/2010: Arrived in Manila late at night. Met her in the waiting area. WOW!
09/08/2010: Met her parents and most of the family!
09/10/2010: Trekked to the top of Mt. Pinatubo and surprised her with a ring. She said YES!
09/19/2010: Had to return to US. :(
03/25/2011: Arrived second visit with her. Together again.
04/14/2011: Flew back to Chicago :(

K-1
07/25/2011: Starting on K-1 package. Where did I put all that stuff???
08/02/2011: K-1 Petition package mailed via Priority Mail to Texas Service Center! The clock is running...

08/09/2011: K-1 Petition package delivered to Texas Service Center.
08/13/2011: K-1 Petition NOA1 received.
01/11/2012: I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) APPROVED
01/27/2012: NVC notification letter received.
02/07/2012: She received the letter from the US Embassy
02/14/2012: She passed the physical at St. Lukes!
02/15/2012: She finished her CFO seminar
02/27/2012: Depart O'Hare for Manila
02/28/2012: Arrived very late in Manila

03/01/2012: Interview at the US Embassy - K1 VISA APPROVED!!
03/07/2012: Visa delivered!
03/08/2012: Got CFO sticker.

03/16/2012: Arrived in the USA together.

05/12/2012: Married!!!

AOS

05/18/2012: Mailed AOS package to USCIS.
08/10/2012: Received temp Emp Auth Card with Advanced Parole from USCIS.

04/04/2013: Received her Permanent Resident Card from USCIS!

Removing Conditions

03/20/2015: Mailed I-751 package to USCIS

03/23/2015: I-751 package arrived at the California Service Center

03/25/2015: I-751 check cashed by USCIS

03/27/2015: I-751 NOA received from USCIS

04/13/2015: Bought tickets to Phil for her brother's wedding in June.

IMG_0692.JPG

#36 maylan

maylan
  • Members
  • 114 posts
  • lo

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

After I read this thread and the opinion of every member and mod- I do agree, everyone has discribe their own point of view about different surviving. We are living like an animal eco-system. Animals can built a kill so they can eat and survive from hunger, but no one can judge them as a killer. In our society as a Filipinos; old tradition, belief, religion, culture etc...prostitution they called evil nor sinner. I think we're very lucky that we have so many choices in life, whoever you are or profession that you have. Accrdng into my book is EQUAL. tongue.gif

Edited by maylan, 21 October 2010 - 11:25 AM.

#37 melody

melody

• 2,677 posts
  • em

Posted 21 October 2010 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (maylan @ Oct 21 2010, 08:14 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Animals can built a kill so they can eat and survive from hunger, but no one can judge them as a killer...

How about entertainer not killer.. laugh.gif (allow me to laugh everything goes bad today)

In our society as a Filipinos; old tradition, belief, religion, culture etc...prostitution they called evil nor sinner.

They called evil and that come's up with people's mentality ad well on how they view things...

#38 shipscook

shipscook
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Civic works, Cooking, sailing, Diving, Motorbiking
  • em

Posted 15 June 2011 - 02:01 AM

interesting topic and maybe more widespread than often assumend.

Now, the choice of words may be a little wrong, but we are mature enough to look behind it.

I'd rather would focus on the 'What to do" if a man "falls into the trap of the tramp".

it happens a lot, trust me, and the prejudice that asian woman in the west have a history isn't born out of nowhere...

Now, what can we do ?

1.) We should drop the prejudice against those hospitality woman, when they marry a man and 'we find out their dark side " After all, now they are wifes and the past is gone and ca not be changed. Aside of that, everyone has a past of some kind, the one who doesn't may throw the first stone :D

2.) We should welcome them open armed and integrate them without any "?" ..

3.) We should remember, that their psychological background is a little disturbed due to the former promiscuity, but that doesn't mean, it is beyond repair.

4.) We should openly support them when "attacked" by others, that will stop the chismis. Tolerance and acceptance !

5.) For the husband of a "bargirl", read read read about prostitutes and their psychological conflicts, i can not refer books here, since the only ones i know are in german, but if you have a befriended shrink or similar, educated person, they surely can give you books. Why ? Because their WILL be problems in the future and it is better to be prepared !

6.) if there is a problem, never blame the woman, its is mostly caused by your "Not understanding"

7.) Consult a social worker, shrink or other professionals if it gets too difficult. You have not been there, so you can not help by yourself in some cases. Similar to former heroin addicts, alcoholics, and other people with psychological problems, we can not help the loved one by our own alone. Even shrinks use shrinks for their own marriage troubles !

Last but not least- too ALL : Prostitutes are human beings too, and since i assume the majority here is Christian, get a grip and try to act like one !

#39 Cartero

Cartero
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:42 AM

interesting topic and maybe more widespread than often assumend.

Now, the choice of words may be a little wrong, but we are mature enough to look behind it.

I'd rather would focus on the 'What to do" if a man "falls into the trap of the tramp".

it happens a lot, trust me, and the prejudice that asian woman in the west have a history isn't born out of nowhere...

It probably came out of WWII and the Korean Conflict afterwards when Japanese and Korean "war brides" started showing up and people knew of the xenophobic tendencies of their home cultures. Frankly I have seen few references to Filipinas in fiction even in WWII guerrilla stories. The exception would be as a R&R location during the Vietnam War and one week girlfriends of pilots and pilots being "officers and gentleman" did not marry their girlfriend but their one enlisted plane captain character might. In the same books foot soldiers had Vietnamese one week girlfriends.

Both at home and in their husbands countries the prejudice was that the Japanese, Koreans and later the Vietnamese were prostitutes who got lucky. With the US military in East Asia in much smaller numbers and more "mail order", internet long distance relationships the general public in the west still see the women in general as such, it might be worse since for the most part you are not a GIs "war bride". Meanwhile the men are seen as poor slobs who couldn't attract or handle the "strong" woman next door.

Edited by Cartero, 16 June 2011 - 02:44 AM.

#40 melody

melody

• 2,677 posts
  • em

Posted 16 June 2011 - 02:50 PM

Last but not least- too ALL : Prostitutes are human beings too, and since i assume the majority here is Christian, get a grip and try to act like one !

Huh..your statement is very philosophical ! :blink:

Edited by melody, 16 June 2011 - 02:52 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users