#1 cutify

cutify
  • Members
  • 83 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ve

Posted 23 April 2011 - 01:59 AM

hello wofers..

I will renew my passport and i am confused on the witness part. What do i put on the witness part in the report of marriage form? we dont have witness (we had a civil wedding here in the US) should i put the judge name? lol... and also in the form in the husband part it says first name, last, and mothers name maiden name? is it talking about my current husband middle name right? coz my husband does not use his mothers maiden name for his middle name - he uses his father first name for his middles name lol. i know its different how it works here in the US... So i just put his current middle name that he uses which is his father's first name right?

Your responce is highly appreciated.
thanks

#2 saccharine

saccharine
  • 354 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:San Jose CA

Posted 25 April 2011 - 01:29 AM

it is asking about the maiden name of your husband's mother , which means her last name before she got married to the dad of your husband.

#3 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 25 April 2011 - 12:55 PM

hello wofers..

I will renew my passport and i am confused on the witness part. What do i put on the witness part in the report of marriage form? we dont have witness (we had a civil wedding here in the US) should i put the judge name? lol... and also in the form in the husband part it says first name, last, and mothers name maiden name? is it talking about my current husband middle name right? coz my husband does not use his mothers maiden name for his middle name - he uses his father first name for his middles name lol. i know its different how it works here in the US... So i just put his current middle name that he uses which is his father's first name right?

Your responce is highly appreciated.
thanks

You mean you don't have any witnesses listed on the Marriage Certificate? What state did you get married in? From what I understand most states require one or two witnesses, they may have been courtroom staff. Check your marriage certificate.

When it asks for mother's maiden name it is asking for the mother's maiden name, not the husband's middle name. Ask your husband what his mother's maiden name is, or look on his birth certificate. In the U.S. the middle names normally have nothing to do with the parent(s), unless they are named 'after' the parent (then it is usually a first name being passed on anyways).

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users