2 replies to this topic

#1 egarcia

egarcia
  • Members
  • 64 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 07 February 2013 - 05:54 PM

Maybe we can get pointers on this topic.  What to do. What to expect.  Were to find one.  Etc.  Thanks

Jun 26, 2012 - Interviewed in US Embassy Manila
Jul 16, 2012 - Got my K1 Visa
Sept 16, 2012 - Arrived in the US
Oct 19, 2012 - Got married. Yehey!
Oct 22, 2012 - Got a copy of our marriage certificate and applied for SSN
Oct 26, 2012 - Mailed I-485 and other docs for Adjustment of Status
Oct 29, 2012 - Got my SSN from the mail
Nov 9, 2012 - Received Biometrics appointment in the mail
Dec 3, 2012 - Biometrics appointment (failed due to some dryness in the fingers)
Jan 7, 2012 - Biometrics appointment again 
Jan 15, 2012 - EAD/AP combo card arrived from the mail
Mar 14, 2013 - AOS interview. Result: "For Review"
Jul 19, 2013 - 2 year Green card arrived. Yahoo!

Nov, 2015 - 10 Year GC arrived. Yehey!

#2 micharni

micharni
  • Members
  • 262 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ne

Posted 09 February 2013 - 10:01 PM

hi! try to apply through employment agency.  When I was new here, I ended up doing a volunteer job just to have a an experience working in US.  My first job was through an employment agency.  I felt like when I was looking for a job, I started from scratch.  Be patient and just keep on looking around.  Don't forget to pray for guidance. :) 

Good luck!

July 7,2006 = received i-129f at NSC
July 12, 2006 = NOA1
Sept 15, 2006 = touched
Sept 17, 2006 = touched
Sept 18, 2006 = Finally! we got email notification of NOA2!!! :)
Sept 23, 2006 = NOA2 in mail
Oct 11, 2006 = electronic email with case number! :) Thanks God!
Feb. 15, 2007 = Praise God! Finally, i am approved!! Thank you Lord!

March 8, 2007 - Thanks God! I am with my better half now! The best birthday gift i received!! :)

#3 GregOry

GregOry
  • Members
  • 87 posts
  • Interests:Learning more about my Filipina! ;-)
    Sports with my Filipina.
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ve

Posted 10 February 2013 - 01:42 AM

Employment is such a broad area... Since there are no specifics of professional field or training or experience background I'll go with the young, inexperienced way of job hunting.

Where do you want to work?  Go there and ask for an application.  Places like restaurants have a high turnover rate usually and even if they aren't hiring at that time they will take applications for the pool.  Many of the larger businesses; Wal-Mart, Lowe's & MacDonalds come to mind, have terminals in the store to sit and fill out an application.  There is a 'start' for you.  :D  Carry information with you for references and contact numbers, etc.  To use someone as a reference ASK them first.

When called for an interview:

- Be a bit early.

- Dress well based on the position applied for.  Your grooming (hair/nails) and dress will give the first impression and that is usually a lasting one.

- Google OR other search engine 'interview for a job' and read up especially on DO and DON'T sections.

NETWORKING is the BEST way to get into a place.  A recommendation from a trusted worker is normally worth more than any paper form entry.  Tell your friends you are looking for a job and ask them to ask around.  Make new friends where you can through church or other social events & casually mention that you are looking.

Always have fun & keep smiling. :D

Greg :P

GregOry & Taring
TIMELINE FOR K-1 VISA
19 APR 12 - Arrived in Philippines to STAY until the VISA is ready.
5 MAY 12 – MAILED PETITION FROM PHILIPPINES TO DALLAS, TEXAS
11 MAY – EMAIL NOTIFICATION “… received and routed to the Vermont Service Center for processing.”
1 NOV 12 - APPROVED - Post Decision Activity (email notification DID NOT happen - found out by checking status at USCIS site)
14 NOV - Called NVC: # assigned and sent to Manila embassy 13 Nov.

19 NOV - Physical - Sputum collection ordered & completed by 23 Nov  :-( :-(  Interview canceled!

28 NOV - Negative initial result on sputum  :-) Waiting 2 months for culture result.  NEG please

7 DEC - Positive Culture. Called to St. Lukes; appointment Tues 11 DEC :-( Ohhh well

11 DEC - Moved to Manila for TB treatment.

15 MAR 13 - The Clinic Does Not Inform the Patients Well.  Ask Questions if You have Them.

10 JUN - Finished treatment and waiting for 1 month for final culture negative. 

11 JUL 13 - Back to SLEC for re-Physical (pay fee again).  Final culture result of 10 JUL requires entry to USA within 90 days.

22 JUL - Back to SLEC for vaccinations.

29 JUL - INTERVIEW - VISA SUPPOSEDLY APPROVED

20 AUG - Still WAITING.  Status said "Administrative Processing" then "Ready" (for interview) then "Administrative Processing" then "Ready" again and the "Case Creation Date" changed to 16 August 2013 from November 2012?  "Check in two business days."

23 AUG - Updated to "Administrative Processing" again :-(

26 AUG - ISSUED - YEAH! ! ! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users