8 replies to this topic

#1 temeculagirl

temeculagirl
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ca

Posted 14 December 2011 - 10:45 AM

Good day everyone! Kindly help us we don't know what to do. I went to the interview December 12 and all things worked out but the CO told me that we need to send my husbands employment letter, I brought his pay stubs from July to September but we forgot to get an employment letter, that time he's still working with that company but now he's doesn't have work anymore he's waiting for a new job this week. The embassy issued 221g form for the employment letter but I'm afraid we can't get one if he's not working on that company anymore. Please educate me about this thing because we really don't know what to do. We called the embassy but they didn't give any alternative on this. Please please help us. I thank you in advance.

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,768 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 14 December 2011 - 01:58 PM

Your husband needs to get an employment letter from a new job. The Embassy reviewer took the stance that paystubs are not proof of employment, and the sponsorship requirements documentation clearly state "employment verification" for just that reason.

If your husband is not working now....he needs to get another job, any job, that will facilitate his providing a new employment verification letter for you.

From the Embassy point of view, if your husband cannot provide proof of current employment, he cannot support you, and you don't meet the visa requirements.

--Ray B

Good day everyone! Kindly help us we don't know what to do. I went to the interview December 12 and all things worked out but the CO told me that we need to send my husbands employment letter, I brought his pay stubs from July to September but we forgot to get an employment letter, that time he's still working with that company but now he's doesn't have work anymore he's waiting for a new job this week. The embassy issued 221g form for the employment letter but I'm afraid we can't get one if he's not working on that company anymore. Please educate me about this thing because we really don't know what to do. We called the embassy but they didn't give any alternative on this. Please please help us. I thank you in advance.

#3 temeculagirl

temeculagirl
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • ca

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:15 PM

Your husband needs to get an employment letter from a new job. The Embassy reviewer took the stance that paystubs are not proof of employment, and the sponsorship requirements documentation clearly state "employment verification" for just that reason.

If your husband is not working now....he needs to get another job, any job, that will facilitate his providing a new employment verification letter for you.

From the Embassy point of view, if your husband cannot provide proof of current employment, he cannot support you, and you don't meet the visa requirements.

--Ray B

Thank you very much I really appreciate your help. I told him to still get a certification from the old company and get an employment letter from the new job then together with that is also an explanation letter. Is that ok? But definitely I will do what you told me. Thank you very much!! :)

#4 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 14 December 2011 - 02:47 PM

Thank you very much I really appreciate your help. I told him to still get a certification from the old company and get an employment letter from the new job then together with that is also an explanation letter. Is that ok? But definitely I will do what you told me. Thank you very much!! :)

He needs an employment letter from the company that he is currently working for, that letter "should show dates of employment, the nature of the job, wages or salary earned, number of hours/weeks worked, and prospects for future employment and advancement. It should be sufficient for the employer to say that the employment is of indefinite duration or words of similar effect. Promises of future employment are not required."

A letter from the previous employer is inconsequential.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#5 temeculagirl

temeculagirl
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • ca

Posted 14 December 2011 - 03:28 PM

Thank you very much for the info. The problem is he will just start his job this week for that new company. My husband is a carpenter and they are having a hard time to get a job in their area. Does he need to start first in this new job before we send them the employment letter. Sorry I have a lot of questions because we are doing it alone and nobody can help us but this blogs that I'm reading. Thank you very much again.

He needs an employment letter from the company that he is currently working for, that letter "should show dates of employment, the nature of the job, wages or salary earned, number of hours/weeks worked, and prospects for future employment and advancement. It should be sufficient for the employer to say that the employment is of indefinite duration or words of similar effect. Promises of future employment are not required."

A letter from the previous employer is inconsequential.

Edited by temeculagirl, 14 December 2011 - 03:29 PM.

#6 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 14 December 2011 - 04:17 PM

Thank you very much for the info. The problem is he will just start his job this week for that new company. My husband is a carpenter and they are having a hard time to get a job in their area. Does he need to start first in this new job before we send them the employment letter. Sorry I have a lot of questions because we are doing it alone and nobody can help us but this blogs that I'm reading. Thank you very much again.

He needs to be 'employed'. That means hired. If he explains to his boss, and especially if he includes what I put in quotes above, his boss should be happy to provide the letter.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#7 temeculagirl

temeculagirl
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • ca

Posted 15 December 2011 - 06:42 AM

Thank you very much! Please help us more in the near future. ;) :)

He needs to be 'employed'. That means hired. If he explains to his boss, and especially if he includes what I put in quotes above, his boss should be happy to provide the letter.

#8 temeculagirl

temeculagirl
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • ca

Posted 21 December 2011 - 11:19 AM

Thank you very much! Please help us more in the near future. ;) :)

Hi again! we sent the employment letter last 12-17. Do you have an idea how long does it take for this to process?...It's not under AP or AR all they need is the additional documents. We are just curious how long does it take. Thank you in advance.

#9 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:25 PM

Hi again! we sent the employment letter last 12-17. Do you have an idea how long does it take for this to process?...It's not under AP or AR all they need is the additional documents. We are just curious how long does it take. Thank you in advance.

Generally 2-4 weeks, but can sometimes go faster or much slower.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users