#21 scott_lyn

scott_lyn
  • Members
  • 111 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ve

Posted 16 January 2009 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE (Ampalaya @ Jan 16 2009, 07:00 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
"The 2008 income tax return should not be asked for until after April 15, 2009."
It shouldn't be asked for but last year 2 peeps I know that filed for AOS in January got RFE for the previous years taxes. Best to file 2008 ASAP and submit them.

thanks ampalaya we try to gather all the docoment we need for our AOS because 14.8 month of waiting is very long i hope im not wait that long if i filed this month..thanks again
MARCH 31, 2007 We meet online in (Date in Asia)
MAY 5, 2007 We fall inlove and become gf and bf
AUGUST 14, 2007 We meet in real for the first time in NAIA airport at 9:50 pm
AUGUST 15, 2007 We ride Super Ferry to come CDO he so enjoy because its his frst time to ride ship...
AUGUST 17, 2007 We are in CDO
AUGUST 18, 2007 He meet my family and bring family to go shopping
AUGUST 20, 2007 I't our first time to go Camiguin we're both very excited
SEPT 4, 2007 We comeback to CDO
SEPT 5, 2007 I'ts my engagement day to my honey
SEPT 6, 2007 I't our first time again to go Palawan w/ friend
SEPT 20, 2007 We comeback CDO
SEPT 25 , 2007 We comeback to camiguin again for 2nd time
OCT 2, 2007 I'ts a sad day for both of us he comeback to US
OCT 19, 2007 Lawyer mailed the papers to vermont
OCT 23, 2007 Vermont recieved our petition
OCT 29, 2007 We recieved by mailed the NOA1
Feb 14, 2008 We received NOA2 by email APPROVED
Feb 16 ,2008 First touch after NOA2
Feb 19, 2008 We received hard copy of NOA2
Feb 27, 2008 We received NVC number
March 24,2008 We received schedule of interview Early medical
May 19, 2008 I pick honey on the NAIA
May 22, 2008 Interview
June 19, 2008 Recieved Visa
July 10, 2008 Flight to Kentucky
Sept 24, 2008 Civil Wedding
Nov 11, 2008 Garden Wedding

#22 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 16 January 2009 - 11:08 PM

QUOTE (MrkGrismer @ Jan 16 2009, 09:10 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Were they very close to the income threshold?

Nope!
Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#23 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 17 January 2009 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (Ampalaya @ Jan 16 2009, 06:08 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Nope!

Maybe their case worker was a trainee or something. There was somebody that posted that they got an RFE for taxes before the April 15th deadline here before, but that was for the K-1 and once they clarified it was for a copy of the W-2, not the ITR. They were also close to the income threshold so it makes sense.

The adjucator's guide says that if the initial I-864 is sufficient at the time of submission there is no reason to RFE for anything further (in that regard), so either the adjucator kind of screwed up or there was something else involved.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#24 greg008

greg008
  • Members
  • 202 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ca
  • Local Office:Los Angeles

Posted 28 January 2009 - 05:12 AM

QUOTE (MrkGrismer @ Jan 16 2009, 05:57 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, they already have a copy of that. You just need the I-693, with the vaccination part filled out by a designated civil surgeon.

Hi Mark,
i have a question about the td shot. I already asked this shot to my primary doctor but she told me that i should not have td shot coz i am pregnant. i am 5 month- pregnant. So i told my doctor that i need a note from her and i will send it to the uscis including my other documents. What can you help us about this problem? thanks in advance...menchie

LOVE IS A MANY-SPLENDORED THING

#25 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 28 January 2009 - 02:04 PM

QUOTE (greg008 @ Jan 28 2009, 12:12 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi Mark,
i have a question about the td shot. I already asked this shot to my primary doctor but she told me that i should not have td shot coz i am pregnant. i am 5 month- pregnant. So i told my doctor that i need a note from her and i will send it to the uscis including my other documents. What can you help us about this problem? thanks in advance...menchie

You are doing exactly what you should do, get that note from the doctor and send a copy of it in along with the rest of the I-693. The civil surgeon should also put something along the lines of 'contraindicated because of pregnancy' on the I-693.

You did not receive a TDaP at St. Lukes? When was your medical there?

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#26 greg008

greg008
  • Members
  • 202 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ca
  • Local Office:Los Angeles

Posted 29 January 2009 - 06:16 AM

QUOTE (MrkGrismer @ Jan 28 2009, 06:04 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
You are doing exactly what you should do, get that note from the doctor and send a copy of it in along with the rest of the I-693. The civil surgeon should also put something along the lines of 'contraindicated because of pregnancy' on the I-693.

You did not receive a TDaP at St. Lukes? When was your medical there?

thanks for your response. i didn't receive a td shot in RP. Medical exam was in May 29, 2008. menchie
LOVE IS A MANY-SPLENDORED THING

#27 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 29 January 2009 - 01:50 PM

QUOTE (greg008 @ Jan 29 2009, 01:16 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
thanks for your response. i didn't receive a td shot in RP. Medical exam was in May 29, 2008. menchie

Ah, that's why. I don't think they raised the fee and started giving the TDaP until a few months after that, I think July or August.

#28 timmyan0426

timmyan0426
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • ca

Posted 16 February 2009 - 03:23 AM

QUOTE (MrkGrismer @ Jan 16 2009, 10:57 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
No, they already have a copy of that. You just need the I-693, with the vaccination part filled out by a designated civil surgeon.

Hi, The time i mailed my AOS, i only submitted the vaccination record provided by the doctor. Which means i did not filled out I-693. The immigration just scheduled my GC interview that will be on March 3. They said from the notice that to bring the vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted).

My question now is do i need to go back to the doctor and have him fill out the I-693?

Edited by timmyan0426, 16 February 2009 - 03:24 AM.

#29 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 16 February 2009 - 04:15 PM

QUOTE (timmyan0426 @ Feb 15 2009, 10:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hi, The time i mailed my AOS, i only submitted the vaccination record provided by the doctor. Which means i did not filled out I-693. The immigration just scheduled my GC interview that will be on March 3. They said from the notice that to bring the vaccination supplement in a sealed envelope (unless already submitted).

My question now is do i need to go back to the doctor and have him fill out the I-693?

When did you submit it?

#30 timmyan0426

timmyan0426
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • ca

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (MrkGrismer @ Feb 17 2009, 12:15 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When did you submit it?

I attached a copy of the vaccination record (not I-693) to the AOS. I mailed/submitted my AOS last Sept 2008. Now I am scheduled for GC interview this March 3.

#31 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 17 February 2009 - 06:59 PM

QUOTE (timmyan0426 @ Feb 17 2009, 01:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I attached a copy of the vaccination record (not I-693) to the AOS. I mailed/submitted my AOS last Sept 2008. Now I am scheduled for GC interview this March 3.

http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

06/05/08. Previous editions will be accepted only for medical exams conducted before August 1, 2008. Medical exams conducted on or after August 1, 2008, require use of the 06/05/08 edition (link at bottom of page).

You should have submitted the new version. I would recommend that you take a copy of the vaccination supplement that you have and your vaccination record (from St. Lukes) to a Civil Surgeon and have them fill it out and sign it (but don't get a new medical exam). It is possible that the version you submitted will be okay, but to be safe I would recommend that you do the above, since you got an RFE for it already. The alternative would be to risk a denial just on that basis, which I wouldn't want to risk.

#32 timmyan0426

timmyan0426
  • Members
  • 35 posts
  • ca

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE (MrkGrismer @ Feb 18 2009, 03:59 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
http://www.uscis.gov...00045f3d6a1RCRD

You should have submitted the new version. I would recommend that you take a copy of the vaccination supplement that you have and your vaccination record (from St. Lukes) to a Civil Surgeon and have them fill it out and sign it (but don't get a new medical exam). It is possible that the version you submitted will be okay, but to be safe I would recommend that you do the above, since you got an RFE for it already. The alternative would be to risk a denial just on that basis, which I wouldn't want to risk.

Thanks for the advise. We'll see a Civil Surgeon tomorrow. And so its my GC interview also. Wish me luck.

#33 cuty

cuty
  • Members
  • 256 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:phil.

Posted 04 March 2009 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (violet25 @ Jan 8 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been reviewing cover letters and Ive noticed that in each type of application there is 2 copies of passport style photos, marriage certificate, copy of passport etc.

Example:

I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
▪ Check: Payment in the amount of $1010 (Biometrics fee included)
▪ Copy of Form I-797C Notice of Action (Approval Notice)
▪ Copy of international Birth certificate
▪ Copy of passport (Biographical Page) with nonimmigrant K1visa
▪ Copy of form I-94 (front and back)
▪ Copy of Marriage Certificate
▪ Medical form I-693A(in sealed envelope)
▪ Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet
▪ Two (2) passport size pictures

I-864 Affidavit of Support
▪ Federal income tax return, including W-2 for 2007
▪ Letter of employement
▪ Copy of most recent pay stubs
▪ Copy of passport page (US Citizen husband)
▪ Copy of recent Bank Statement

I-131 Application for Travel Document
▪ Explanation for Eligibility on a separate sheet
▪ Copy of passport (Biographical Page), with nonimmigrant K1 visa

I-765 Application for Employment Document

So do we have to submit 6 copies of passport style photos for the submission of AOS packet? and so with the birth cert, marriage etc.

And is it okay if the bank statement is last years? same statement used for I-129F?

Just want to make sure. Thanks!

violet thanks for posting this , it helps.

#34 cuty

cuty
  • Members
  • 256 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:phil.

Posted 05 March 2009 - 12:36 AM

QUOTE (violet25 @ Jan 8 2009, 09:14 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Been reviewing cover letters and Ive noticed that in each type of application there is 2 copies of passport style photos, marriage certificate, copy of passport etc.

Example:

I-485 Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status
▪ Check: Payment in the amount of $1010 (Biometrics fee included)
▪ Copy of international Birth certificate
▪ Copy of passport (Biographical Page) with nonimmigrant K1visa
▪ Medical form I-693A(in sealed envelope)
▪ Form G-325A, Biographic Information Sheet

I-864 Affidavit of Support
▪ Federal income tax return, including W-2 for 2007
▪ Letter of employement
▪ Copy of most recent pay stubs
▪ Copy of passport page (US Citizen husband)
▪ Copy of recent Bank Statement

I-131 Application for Travel Document
▪ Explanation for Eligibility on a separate sheet

I-765 Application for Employment Document

So do we have to submit 6 copies of passport style photos for the submission of AOS packet? and so with the birth cert, marriage etc.

And is it okay if the bank statement is last years? same statement used for I-129F?

Just want to make sure. Thanks!

hello!

I would like to ask if the NBI of intending immigrant and birth certificate of petitioner are not included? is it just optional? thanks!

#35 rainkiss_cher

rainkiss_cher
  • Members
  • 292 posts
  • ca

Posted 13 July 2009 - 05:22 PM

Sir Mark.. are copies of bank statements needed to be included in the Affidavit of Support file for AOS?

I remember in the K1 i just included the hubby's 1040,W2 and current employment certificate.

And one follow-up question too.. do i need to get a new hubby's employment certificate for the AOS? My hubby been complaining about getting a new one since he just got an emp. cert. last January 2009. Oh well what can i say, men... lolz!

Thanks again... best regards to the lovely wife!

#36 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 14 July 2009 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (rainkiss_cher @ Jul 13 2009, 01:22 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Sir Mark.. are copies of bank statements needed to be included in the Affidavit of Support file for AOS?

I remember in the K1 i just included the hubby's 1040,W2 and current employment certificate.

And one follow-up question too.. do i need to get a new hubby's employment certificate for the AOS? My hubby been complaining about getting a new one since he just got an emp. cert. last January 2009. Oh well what can i say, men... lolz!

Thanks again... best regards to the lovely wife!

If he makes above the 125% poverty level you don't need bank statements, just the same things as for the I-134.

#37 Tony

Tony
  • Members
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:Motorcycle, Telescopes, Astronomy
  • ca

Posted 26 July 2009 - 10:07 PM

How long do you have to file the AOS after entry into the US. I have looked and looked and cant find anything..

#38 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:41 PM

QUOTE (Tony @ Jul 26 2009, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
How long do you have to file the AOS after entry into the US. I have looked and looked and cant find anything..

There is no deadline, but it is best to do so as soon as possible after getting married (for a K-1, just as soon as possible for a K-3). It is a matter of practical considerations. The medical expires after 1 year; once the I-94 expires a K-1 is considered an 'overstay', but there is no penalty for that once the adjustment of status is filed. However, between the time the I-94 expires and when the AOS is filed a K-1 can be detained and put into deportation proceedings, although it is rare and seems to be confined mostly to the border states, especially Texas.

#39 maulap

maulap
  • Members
  • 12 posts
  • te

Posted 23 September 2009 - 04:39 PM

QUOTE (MrkGrismer @ Jul 27 2009, 03:41 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
There is no deadline, but it is best to do so as soon as possible after getting married (for a K-1, just as soon as possible for a K-3). It is a matter of practical considerations. The medical expires after 1 year; once the I-94 expires a K-1 is considered an 'overstay', but there is no penalty for that once the adjustment of status is filed. However, between the time the I-94 expires and when the AOS is filed a K-1 can be detained and put into deportation proceedings, although it is rare and seems to be confined mostly to the border states, especially Texas.

(K-1 ) if the I-94 expires and the submission or filling for AOS is done only after a year or more..... what consequences with arise in this kind of situation? will there be a penalty for such a late filling and will it cause for the non immigrant to be detain or be deported? and how about on the part of the petitioner what consequences will he face ?

#40 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 23 September 2009 - 06:25 PM

QUOTE (maulap @ Sep 23 2009, 12:39 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
(K-1 ) if the I-94 expires and the submission or filling for AOS is done only after a year or more..... what consequences with arise in this kind of situation? will there be a penalty for such a late filling and will it cause for the non immigrant to be detain or be deported? and how about on the part of the petitioner what consequences will he face ?

Generally no consequences; there have been a few stories of people being detained when the travelled through border control checkpoints in some of the border states (notably Texas) but generally speaking they aren't going to detain or deport you if you stay away from those states. However, the Adjustment of Status really should be done as soon as possible. Late filing in and of itself will not cause any problems and once you have filed (no matter if late or not) having the receipt to show as evidence of filing reportedly makes it so that even those border control checkpoints aren't a problem.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users