18 replies to this topic

#1 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,668 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:31 PM

One of the things I like to do when I have a free time..is to open the box where I keep my belongings (remembrance) such as letters (including love letters :D) cards and photos..While I reread once more the letters of my friends (letters back yrs ago when computer was not really the technology 2 use for in pinas),my stepson was beside me.He noticed that every letter from me and my friends starts and ends always with "I Love You". He asked .. "Are you all lesbians mommy?" LOL...I said.. "In Wof sounds like they hit me of being a lesbian".:(

One time hubby too seemed to interpret me that way..He told.. "Are you and your friends are normal? Since I Love You is mostly heard and being used between lovers and couple who are really inlove." Guys don't misinterpret me too! :lol:

I am looking for pinay out there who experience the same as I am..

Surely I'm 100% feminine..i and my friends are normal... huh!:P

Edited by melody, 22 July 2011 - 02:32 PM.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#2 MERCREDI

MERCREDI
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:I like watching movies from different countries (subtitles :D), I like listening to different type of music (from pop, RnB, Hip-Hop, alternative, rock to even classical) just not so much of country music. Not a fan, sorry. I play the guitar but not awesome great. I also like to read books. I have read most of John Grisham's novels and watched the movies based on them. I like art in any form.

That's all I can think of right now :)
  • Visa type:IR-1
  • lo

Posted 22 July 2011 - 02:50 PM

We are definitely normal and saying "I love you" to friends is just as normal. But, if you are saying this to a male friend, you're husband might take it very differently.
It's the difference between our culture and the Americans. I had the same awkward experience as well. It will only become "not normal" if/when you begin to question your own sexuality :)

#3 SeeSea

SeeSea
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Pigeons, Paperclips, Pianos
  • em

Posted 22 July 2011 - 11:08 PM

So do you say it if you're just friends Male to Female/ Female to Male ? Posted Image

#4 Cartero

Cartero
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 03:41 AM

So do you say it if you're just friends Male to Female/ Female to Male ? Posted Image

I have had it come from a woman who moved to the states as a late teen, so she has a foot in each nation's culture. My wife doesn't seem to mind if it comes from her, from anyone else well... :blink: Possibly since the other cultural things like us being called "kuya and ate" by her makes a difference?

#5 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 23 July 2011 - 10:11 AM

Sea do u see..you misinterpret and misunderstood me too..huh!:angry:

My friends are female.. I have few males friends but if i say i love you to them..mmm..that's more than a friend..:P

Edited by melody, 23 July 2011 - 10:14 AM.

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#6 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 23 July 2011 - 01:39 PM

I had the same awkward experience as well.

For luck i'm not alone in this world...B)

It will only become "not normal" if/when you begin to question your own sexuality :)

:o...well..well..well..neither I nor hubby complain about my Sexuality!:D

#7 Gie88

Gie88
  • 2,049 posts
  • Interests:I love simple life.
  • ca
  • Local Office:None

Posted 04 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

I am looking for pinay out there who experience the same as I am..

Surely I'm 100% feminine..i and my friends are normal... huh!:P

My close friends and I always say "I love you" but haven't experienced anyone asking us if we are lesbians lol But once in a while I'd hear some male co-workers/friends sayin: "awwwww..." OR "ahhhhhh..." I don't know what's up with that, lol

"I don't stand for the black man's side, I don't stand for the white man's side. I stand for God's side." --Bob Marley

WOF Gwapa 2010 ----> http://www.onetrueme...medium=text_url

#8 JoeinMI

JoeinMI
  • 280 posts
  • ca

Posted 05 August 2011 - 12:23 AM

This might sound a little like a sermon, but its a subject that touches me very deeply. My daughter is 18 and getting ready to go off to college and leave behind her childhood, so to speak. When she was 3 months old her grandfather died of cancer. I never felt like I really 'connected' with dad as he was always busy on our small farm (outside of his full time job in a factory). A few months before he died I realized that whenever I came home for a visit, when I was preparing to leave, I'd tell my mom I loved her as I gave her a hug but only shook my dad's hand. I wondered how my dad felt but never asked. Instead, I began extending the tradition to both my mom and my dad, even though I could tell that he did it with an uncomfortable-ness the first few times. After that, he stepped right up just like mom did! I have always regretted my ignorance about expressing to my dad what he meant to me.

The point Im getting at is that I have taught my daughter to never leave someone you care about wondering how you feel. As she gets ready to leave for another city to live, I hear her and her friends saying "I love you" when they go their own ways. Most of the people she hangs out with are other girls (I do not know or care what her personal preferences are)but I hear it as casual talk along with "see you later" between the girls and some of the guys in the clique.

Maybe its unique to her group or my sensitivity to something I dealt with long ago. The point is....the older I get, the more normal I think telling someone you love them is.

#9 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 06 August 2011 - 10:15 AM

This might sound a little like a sermon, but its a subject that touches me very deeply. My daughter is 18 and getting ready to go off to college and leave behind her childhood, so to speak. When she was 3 months old her grandfather died of cancer. I never felt like I really 'connected' with dad as he was always busy on our small farm (outside of his full time job in a factory). A few months before he died I realized that whenever I came home for a visit, when I was preparing to leave, I'd tell my mom I loved her as I gave her a hug but only shook my dad's hand. I wondered how my dad felt but never asked. Instead, I began extending the tradition to both my mom and my dad, even though I could tell that he did it with an uncomfortable-ness the first few times. After that, he stepped right up just like mom did! I have always regretted my ignorance about expressing to my dad what he meant to me.

The point Im getting at is that I have taught my daughter to never leave someone you care about wondering how you feel. As she gets ready to leave for another city to live, I hear her and her friends saying "I love you" when they go their own ways. Most of the people she hangs out with are other girls (I do not know or care what her personal preferences are)but I hear it as casual talk along with "see you later" between the girls and some of the guys in the clique.

Maybe its unique to her group or my sensitivity to something I dealt with long ago. The point is....the older I get, the more normal I think telling someone you love them is.

It's not the sermon of the mount like that of Jesus Christ but your sermon still gives as lesson....never leave someone we care about wondering how we feel.:D

For me it's surely an act of affection...it's really i mean for them not just like a simple "see you later". I called one of my friends in her birthday and she was surprised and in the phone call never we forgot to say "I Love You"...:D

So i should feel the same as you do the older I get, the more normal I think telling someone you love them is normal.;)

Thanks for your short story!:)

Edited by melody, 07 August 2011 - 10:51 AM.

#10 asianstreak

asianstreak
  • Banned
  • 6,039 posts
  • Interests:too many to mentions
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 06 August 2011 - 11:40 PM

In my current job we were provided with radio with ear piece to communicate aside from phones everytime we start our shift.One time the nurse was helping me out with one of my patient and I really appreciate of what she did since it was not her patient but yet she was there doing it and she announced it in our radio not to worry because she got it.Bec.of my happiness that somebody helped us(me and the RN ) I thanked that lady (RN) for saving us and helping us and I said THANK YOU Ivy....I love you!!!" and she said I LOVE YOU TOO!!!! then the charge nurse was saying HEY GUYS WE DONT NEED TO HEAR IT! (laughing) but yes sometimes at work we do say I LOVE YOU with other female workers even if they are not filipinas.My friend Sarah and Stephanie and I were exchanging lines saying I love you with each other matched with blowing kiss.....

#11 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:06 PM

Well..i could sum-up..MERCREDI tells it's normal to say I LOVE YOU, joeinMI claims that the more he gets older the more normal he thinks telling someone you love them, gie in her part use i love you and you too do the same....so it's a normal aspect of us pinays :D..the fact is we are sweet and affectionate..(proud huh!)

#12 beeguy

beeguy
  • 884 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

Well..i could sum-up..MERCREDI tells it's normal to say I LOVE YOU, joeinMI claims that the more he gets older the more normal he thinks telling someone you love them, gie in her part use i love you and you too do the same....so it's a normal aspect of us pinays :D..the fact is we are sweet and affectionate..(proud huh!)

And Arab men hold hands while walking... figure that out Melody and we will give you a prize. :lol:

03/02/2010: First trip to the Philippines.
04/06/2010: Joined WOF
04/11/2010: Met on Cherry Blossoms.
05/06/2010: Talked her into joining WOF.
05/13/2010: Changed our statuses on Facebook to "in a relationship".
05/28/2010: Met her friend and her employer in Chicago (here on business).
08/17/2010: Booked trip to the Philippines.
09/05/2010: Arrived in Manila late at night. Met her in the waiting area. WOW!
09/08/2010: Met her parents and most of the family!
09/10/2010: Trekked to the top of Mt. Pinatubo and surprised her with a ring. She said YES!
09/19/2010: Had to return to US. :(
03/25/2011: Arrived second visit with her. Together again.
04/14/2011: Flew back to Chicago :(

K-1
07/25/2011: Starting on K-1 package. Where did I put all that stuff???
08/02/2011: K-1 Petition package mailed via Priority Mail to Texas Service Center! The clock is running...

08/09/2011: K-1 Petition package delivered to Texas Service Center.
08/13/2011: K-1 Petition NOA1 received.
01/11/2012: I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) APPROVED
01/27/2012: NVC notification letter received.
02/07/2012: She received the letter from the US Embassy
02/14/2012: She passed the physical at St. Lukes!
02/15/2012: She finished her CFO seminar
02/27/2012: Depart O'Hare for Manila
02/28/2012: Arrived very late in Manila

03/01/2012: Interview at the US Embassy - K1 VISA APPROVED!!
03/07/2012: Visa delivered!
03/08/2012: Got CFO sticker.

03/16/2012: Arrived in the USA together.

05/12/2012: Married!!!

AOS

05/18/2012: Mailed AOS package to USCIS.
08/10/2012: Received temp Emp Auth Card with Advanced Parole from USCIS.

04/04/2013: Received her Permanent Resident Card from USCIS!

Removing Conditions

03/20/2015: Mailed I-751 package to USCIS

03/23/2015: I-751 package arrived at the California Service Center

03/25/2015: I-751 check cashed by USCIS

03/27/2015: I-751 NOA received from USCIS

04/13/2015: Bought tickets to Phil for her brother's wedding in June.

IMG_0692.JPG

#13 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:17 PM

Hmm won't touch that one lol : )

And Arab men hold hands while walking... figure that out Melody and we will give you a prize. :lol:

#14 SeeSea

SeeSea
  • 400 posts
  • Interests:Pigeons, Paperclips, Pianos
  • em

Posted 08 August 2011 - 10:00 PM

It's because they are so sweet and affectionate Posted Image

#15 JoeinMI

JoeinMI
  • 280 posts
  • ca

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:15 AM

I'm with James on THAT ONE!

#16 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:06 AM

It's because they are so sweet and affectionate Posted Image

Agree with that too ..and see..... only those arab men.....

Edited by melody, 10 August 2011 - 10:06 AM.

#17 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 10 August 2011 - 10:08 AM

B)...But what could be my prize good guy?

#18 beeguy

beeguy
  • 884 posts
  • te

Posted 10 August 2011 - 03:42 PM

B)...But what could be my prize good guy?

I will think about that, but I am still waiting to hear the definitive answer from YOU. In the meantime, I will continue my search for the most annoying avatar just to give you a challenge. (I think you have found the best one so far that reflects your personality.) ;)

BTW, I don't know any guys that say "I love you" to each other, but there are much more subtle ways of expression.

-Keith

03/02/2010: First trip to the Philippines.
04/06/2010: Joined WOF
04/11/2010: Met on Cherry Blossoms.
05/06/2010: Talked her into joining WOF.
05/13/2010: Changed our statuses on Facebook to "in a relationship".
05/28/2010: Met her friend and her employer in Chicago (here on business).
08/17/2010: Booked trip to the Philippines.
09/05/2010: Arrived in Manila late at night. Met her in the waiting area. WOW!
09/08/2010: Met her parents and most of the family!
09/10/2010: Trekked to the top of Mt. Pinatubo and surprised her with a ring. She said YES!
09/19/2010: Had to return to US. :(
03/25/2011: Arrived second visit with her. Together again.
04/14/2011: Flew back to Chicago :(

K-1
07/25/2011: Starting on K-1 package. Where did I put all that stuff???
08/02/2011: K-1 Petition package mailed via Priority Mail to Texas Service Center! The clock is running...

08/09/2011: K-1 Petition package delivered to Texas Service Center.
08/13/2011: K-1 Petition NOA1 received.
01/11/2012: I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) APPROVED
01/27/2012: NVC notification letter received.
02/07/2012: She received the letter from the US Embassy
02/14/2012: She passed the physical at St. Lukes!
02/15/2012: She finished her CFO seminar
02/27/2012: Depart O'Hare for Manila
02/28/2012: Arrived very late in Manila

03/01/2012: Interview at the US Embassy - K1 VISA APPROVED!!
03/07/2012: Visa delivered!
03/08/2012: Got CFO sticker.

03/16/2012: Arrived in the USA together.

05/12/2012: Married!!!

AOS

05/18/2012: Mailed AOS package to USCIS.
08/10/2012: Received temp Emp Auth Card with Advanced Parole from USCIS.

04/04/2013: Received her Permanent Resident Card from USCIS!

Removing Conditions

03/20/2015: Mailed I-751 package to USCIS

03/23/2015: I-751 package arrived at the California Service Center

03/25/2015: I-751 check cashed by USCIS

03/27/2015: I-751 NOA received from USCIS

04/13/2015: Bought tickets to Phil for her brother's wedding in June.

IMG_0692.JPG

#19 melody

melody

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 10 August 2011 - 05:01 PM

I will think about that, but I am still waiting to hear the definitive answer from YOU. In the meantime, I will continue my search for the most annoying avatar just to give you a challenge. (I think you have found the best one so far that reflects your personality.) ;)

HAHAHA...I thought only arab men are sweet and affection..now i found out that there is also a beeguy with such italianbee out there giving me a challenge! B) I would prefer to know how much prize i could gain and if the question really worth a million dollar baby :lol: before i continue searching for the answer of that mystery.......:P

Mmmm...if both females say I Love You and if both Males hold their hands..can be considered as normal depends on the culture..What about a woman saying i love you to men holding both hands(vice versa)..huh? Is there any bee can do this too in a avatar?:P

BTW, I don't know any guys that say "I love you" to each other, but there are much more subtle ways of expression.

For guys saying "I love you" to each other would be really odd...never i heard it yet.We would be really intrigued about it and doubt for their sexuality.

-Keith

Edited by melody, 10 August 2011 - 05:36 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users