3 replies to this topic

#1 felixDcat

felixDcat
  • 510 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 22 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to get my mother here in the U.S. but I am not sure if I can do so having no job and no income of my own (stay at home mom!).   Petitioning my mother means submitting the form I-864, would it be okey if the I-864 comes solely from my husband? does this mean my husband would be the joint sponsor? Also, what other requirements to petition a parent aside from I-130, petitioner's birthcertificate, proof of citizenship, I-864 and the application fee? 

Looking forward for your help/answers.

Thank you.

Mrs. T

"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~Rita Rudner"

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,779 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 22 July 2013 - 04:41 AM

Hi Everyone,

I'm hoping to get my mother here in the U.S. but I am not sure if I can do so having no job and no income of my own (stay at home mom!).   Petitioning my mother means submitting the form I-864, would it be okey if the I-864 comes solely from my husband? does this mean my husband would be the joint sponsor? Also, what other requirements to petition a parent aside from I-130, petitioner's birthcertificate, proof of citizenship, I-864 and the application fee? 

Looking forward for your help/answers.

Thank you.

Mrs. T

The sponsorship paperwork comes after the petition is approved.  Since you are the petitioner, you must complete an I-864 as the primary sponsor.  SInce your husband's income will be used, your husband provides an I-864A as the "household member" co-sponsor.

Your I-130 submitttal must include all documentation showing your relationship to mom and your name changes.  Additional evidence, such as religious, medical and school records, photos of you and mom together, should also be included.

--Ray B

#3 felixDcat

felixDcat
  • 510 posts
  • lo

Posted 30 July 2013 - 03:12 AM

Sir Ray,

Thank you so much for all your help!  You are surely a treasure to this forum, having always an answer to someone in need of help.  Again, Thank you very much!

-Mrs. T.

"I love being married. It's so great to find that one special person you want to annoy for the rest of your life. ~Rita Rudner"

#4 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 30 July 2013 - 01:19 PM

-Mrs. T.

Oh..i thought u are a Mr. felixDcat . I remember the way you dropped your words in happy birthday JC thread while i and shone were on the cat fight...seemed to be a man-type.

Now i discovered you are Mrs. like me huh. B)

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users