#1 'my_destiny'

'my_destiny'
  • Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:34 AM

HI ka-members!
I just want to share to you about the experienced of my friend who met her online friend personally last 2 weeks ago. She said it was a wierd meeting. And I agreed with her.

She told me that she met this guy in Makati..and she said that it was like an interview thing because the guy were holding all the printed profiles of all the girls he is going to meet here. So, her profile was among them. ohmy.gif The guy wants to make sure that what was written on those profile are correct and asked her those questions from her profile. I asked if nakita nya yung ibang girls that he is going to meet. Sabi nya,hindi because he talked to them one by one or by schedule. blink.gif Then, after he stayed here in Manila for 2 days, he went to Cebu to met again those girls that he met in Filipina Heart. Then, on his last day here in PI, he called my friend and they met again and sya yung naghatid sa kanya sa airport and he told her that he likes her. She want me to check this guy profile on that site, sabi ko, I cant kasi im not a member of that site and dont plan to join there tongue.gif . My friend said that this guy looks like a high profile person and then he told her what happend sa meeting nya with other girls.

I told my friend not too give too much trust to this guy, even he told her about those meeting with other girls or better find a good guy with no hidden agenda. I also told her that if he really likes her, he will only come here for her only and not with others as if this guy want to buy things as "buy one take one" -or visit the Philipines, once but meet a lot of girls. dry.gif

Im just lucky and glad that my fiance went her only for me and spent his whole time being with me, thats makes me proud of!

Edited by my_destiny, 08 December 2006 - 07:44 AM.

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:34 PM

I would say she should just consider him to be some boy that she met and 'went out for cofee with' (or dinner, or whatever. Nothing big. If he likes her he can correspond with her and maybe if things go well in the future he will visit just for her.

It is strange that he did not correspond with her before this meeting. Or maybe he did?

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 08 December 2006 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE(my_destiny @ Dec 7 2006, 09:34 PM) View Post

HI ka-members!
I just want to share to you about the experienced of my friend who met her online friend personally last 2 weeks ago. She said it was a wierd meeting. And I agreed with her.

She told me that she met this guy in Makati..and she said that it was like an interview thing because the guy were holding all the printed profiles of all the girls he is going to meet here. So, her profile was among them. ohmy.gif The guy wants to make sure that what was written on those profile are correct and asked her those questions from her profile. I asked if nakita nya yung ibang girls that he is going to meet. Sabi nya,hindi because he talked to them one by one or by schedule. blink.gif Then, after he stayed here in Manila for 2 days, he went to Cebu to met again those girls that he met in Filipina Heart. Then, on his last day here in PI, he called my friend and they met again and sya yung naghatid sa kanya sa airport and he told her that he likes her. She want me to check this guy profile on that site, sabi ko, I cant kasi im not a member of that site and dont plan to join there tongue.gif . My friend said that this guy looks like a high profile person and then he told her what happend sa meeting nya with other girls.

I told my friend not too give too much trust to this guy, even he told her about those meeting with other girls or better find a good guy with no hidden agenda. I also told her that if he really likes her, he will only come here for her only and not with others as if this guy want to buy things as "buy one take one" -or visit the Philipines, once but meet a lot of girls. dry.gif

Im just lucky and glad that my fiance went her only for me and spent his whole time being with me, thats makes me proud of!
The guy was pushing a shopping cart with a grocery list in his hand! Sounds like he's better than some guys that line up a bunch of pinay online and go there and try to poke them all and then go home to their puti wifes!
Jack

Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#4 XXguy

XXguy
  • Members
  • 250 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:37 PM

QUOTE(Ampalaya @ Dec 8 2006, 02:09 PM) View Post

The guy was pushing a shopping cart with a grocery list in his hand! Sounds like he's better than some guys that line up a bunch of pinay online and go there and try to poke them all and then go home to their puti wifes!
Jack

I agree about the grocery list! Looks very much like he's only interested in what he's buying. Your friend should have asked him if he planned to use any discount coupons for his purchase!

That guy will find what he's looking for, a woman who matches his list & wants a Visa bad enough to put up with him. Bad news for him, once she's got the Visa, he'll find out that HE doesn't match HER list !

-XX

#5 AndrwMrk

AndrwMrk
  • Moderators
  • 1,913 posts
  • ch
  • Local Office:Chicago

Posted 08 December 2006 - 10:08 PM

Yeah, this guy seems a bit sketchy at best.

Andrew
"Mix those mixed nuts! I see two almonds touching!"
~Kif Kroker

#6 'my_destiny'

'my_destiny'
  • Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • ca

Posted 09 December 2006 - 04:07 AM

Yeah..you are all right.
Before they met here, they were corresponding, but my friend didnt know that he will meet other girls too here. She thought that she is the only one that is why she was shocked ohmy.gif

It will not be good for her if the guy decided to visit here again next time and will meet other girls too wink.gif
It will be just ok if he didnt sleep with those girls, just only meeting them.

#7 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ch

Posted 09 December 2006 - 05:32 AM

That is so sad but I heard this before in Asawa.org and the guys defended themselves thinking their actions were morale and right. I think it is sad and so unfair to a honest Filipina that was corresponding with him thinking she was the only one. Yes I know there are some bad apples as there are here and that is what a relationship built on allot of good communication usually uncovers should deceipt exist. I get depressed thinking about the poor girls on the list having to go against each other as if it were a contest and probably not even knowing the contest was happening. mad.gif

#8 'my_destiny'

'my_destiny'
  • Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • ca

Posted 10 December 2006 - 02:17 PM

Me and my friends just met this afternoon at one of our friend's daughter christianing. She told me that this guy was asking what class in the society she belongs too and he said that he might come to Vietnam next year. We suggested to her that she must wish him luck to his search and tell him that she is corresponding someone already so that he will not bother her anymore. This guy have lots of concern and we viewed it as not good if ever they will have relationship.

#9 fe

fe
  • Members
  • 1,673 posts
  • lo

Posted 12 December 2006 - 06:25 AM

I agree with the others' opinion here. The guy is making girl shopping at Filipinaheart. He's one of the guys who doesn't deserve a second look. I have met Jack, my fiance, in Filipinaheart also, and I could say that there are hundreds of men there who are just playing around, and girls should be careful in chatting with them. Honesty begets honesty, but many times many of these men aren't really honest. The fact that he had visited the Philippines to meet several girls, only meant that he was not serious in his search. I have read somewhere that men like him just come to the philippines for Sex vacations, and then go home to their "puti wives" as what Jack (Ampalaya) here said.

So our advice to your friend, she should block him so that he couldn't communicate with her anymore. Many problems will crop up if she continues to correspond to such a man.. I wish her luck to her further search. The Lord will guide her and she'll find her partner in the process, just what we have experienced..
Naturalization Time line
03-23-2010 Mailed N-400 to Texas Facility Lock Box
04-05-2010 Received Notice of Receipt (03-29-2010)
05-03-2010 Received Biometrics Schedule (05-24-2010)
05-04-2010 Biometrics done (Walked-in)
05-10-2010 Received Notice of Interview
06-10-2010 Interview Schedule (Passed the tests)
06-25-2010 Received Notice of Oath Ceremony
07-22-2010 Oath Ceremony (Naturalization Certificate on hand)
07-24-2010 Applied for U.S. Passport in our local Courthouse
08-12-2010 Received U.S. Passport

#10 Himaya Ko

Himaya Ko
  • Members
  • 957 posts
  • Interests:Loving Asawa kong Joynelyn!
  • ca

Posted 12 December 2006 - 07:44 AM

I agree with the whole shopping cart mentality being said here. More than likely this guy got the idea from CherryBlossoms which sets up such tours precisely like the one he apparently did on his own. blink.gif
I also wonder what self-respecting girl, lady, woman or person would wish to be considered a "tour girl?"

Edited by Himaya Ko, 12 December 2006 - 11:08 AM.

Our Journey:

08-24-2003 Met my Beloved
11-26-2005 Cebu City to visit my Beloved
12-26-2005 Left Cebu City sadly leaving my Beloved
02-06-2006 Sent I-129f to TSC
02-08-2006 I-129f arrives, not picked up
02-09-2006 I-129f picked up by TSC
02-15-2006 I-797C, NOA1 Notice Date from CSC
02-17-2006 Money Order for I-129f fee cashed
02-19-2006 Touched
02-21-2006 My Beloved gets her NBI Clearance. NOA1 in mail
03-16-2006 My Beloved gets her CFO cert.
05-08-2006 Touched
05-09-2006 Touched & Approved. NOA2 dated May 8, 2006
05-13-2006 Official NOA2 in mail
05-22-2006 NVC sent petition to Manila
09-25-2006 Interview APPROVED!
12-31-2006 My Beloved Arrives Home
01-09-2007 Obtained our Marriage License
01-25-2007 Married
================AOS Application
=================
03-29-2007 Sent AOS package
05-11-2007 AOS case transferred to CSC
06-19-2007 AOS case approved, GC ordered
06-25-2007 My Beloved gets her GC
=============================================

To label me a hypocrite would be
Only scratching the surface of who I've been known to be

Rush Of Fools - Undo

#11 'my_destiny'

'my_destiny'
  • Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • ca

Posted 12 December 2006 - 12:12 PM

QUOTE(Himaya Ko @ Dec 12 2006, 03:44 PM) View Post

I agree with the whole shopping cart mentality being said here. More than likely this guy got the idea from CherryBlossoms which sets up such tours precisely like the one he apparently did on his own. blink.gif
I also wonder what self-respecting girl, lady, woman or person would wish to be considered a "tour girl?"

Yeah, she said that this guy is immature and for sure, will not be a good partner, husband, bestfriend in the future and time for her to search again for a better guy. I told her to join WOF because she will learn a lot from here.

#12 The Love Chapter

The Love Chapter
  • Members
  • 51 posts
  • Interests:09/04/2004 - We meet<br />04/27/2005 - Got engaged<br />12/26/2005 - Got married<br />02/02/2006 - Mailed the I-130s for my wife and daughter<br />02/03/2006 - Nebraska office rcvd and signed for the I-130s I sent.<br />03/15/2006 - NOA1 receipt rcvd from I-130<br />03/18/2006 - Sent I-129F<br />03/27/2006 - NOA1 receipt rcvd from I-129F<br />05/04/2006 - NOA2 receipt received from I-130<br />07/29/2006- mailed and pay the NVC for AOS and DS-230 forms<br />10/13/2006- Mailed via Fedex DS-230 and AOS into the NVC<br />11/29/2006- Case Completed!!!!! <br />12/28/2006- Still waiting on news for Interview date ARRRGGGG
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ne

Posted 08 January 2007 - 02:34 AM

On my way to Ichero, Korea to get to Manila my knees were starting to hurt so I got up to walk around. I met this guy and we started to talk because we were the only white people on the plane lol. He told me he is going to Korea to meet five women and whoever was the best he would be interested in a long term relationship.

In my mind I thought what a pig! This guy is going to give American men a bad rap. But on the other hand what kind of women would be willing to be with a man if he is going to meet them all in the airport and which ever performs better sexually he would be interested in knowing more? So this guy may meet someone just like him perhaps and they both can be miserable. Maybe some women here could give me some insight into why a woman would do this if I am wrong?

09/04/2004 - We meet
04/27/2005 - Got engaged
12/26/2005 - Got married
02/02/2006 - Mailed the I-130s for my wife
and daughter
02/03/2006 - Nebraska office rcvd and
signed for the I-130s I sent.
03/15/2006 - NOA1 receipt rcvd from I-130
03/18/2006 - Sent I-129F
03/27/2006 - NOA1 receipt rcvd from I-129F
05/04/2006 - NOA2 receipt received from I-130
07/29/2006- mailed and pay the NVC for AOS and DS-230's
09/15/2006- received DS-230 Parts 1 & 2 & AOS for wife and daughter
10/13/2006- Mailed via Fedex DS-230 and AOS into the NVC
11/29/2006- Case Completed!!!!!
12/28/2006- Still waiting on news for Interview date ARRRGGGG
02/19/2007- Wife and daughter leave for Medical exam at ST. Luke's Hospital
03/06/2007- Finally the long waited Interview date!!!!! Hallelujah
02/19/2007- Wife and daughter leave for Medical exam at ST. Luke's Hospital
03/06/2007- Finally the long waited Interview date!!!!! Hallelujah
03/26/2007- VISA on hand after 3 weeks of waiting

#13 MarYan

MarYan
  • Members
  • 626 posts
  • ca

Posted 08 January 2007 - 07:47 AM

QUOTE(The Love Chapter @ Jan 8 2007, 02:34 AM) View Post

On my way to Ichero, Korea to get to Manila my knees were starting to hurt so I got up to walk around. I met this guy and we started to talk because we were the only white people on the plane lol. He told me he is going to Korea to meet five women and whoever was the best he would be interested in a long term relationship.

In my mind I thought what a pig! This guy is going to give American men a bad rap. But on the other hand what kind of women would be willing to be with a man if he is going to meet them all in the airport and which ever performs better sexually he would be interested in knowing more? So this guy may meet someone just like him perhaps and they both can be miserable. Maybe some women here could give me some insight into why a woman would do this if I am wrong?

Hi the love chapter,

In my own humble opinion & perspective in life I would say that most of the girls who are involved in such setting are unaware of the true scenario that they are into. The guy might have said a lot of flowery words or promises such that each of them believe that she is the only one being worshiped by him. Without her knowledge that there are many of them in a row. Well, a normal girl, a girl who is uprooted from a familywithstrong moral values will not compromise herself on that. She would never let her dignity & reputation be stained with such a "pig" man's doing.

On the other side of the story,I also believe that there are few girls who are 100% aware of the real score of the relationship. Money or having a chance to have him as a visa to the US (good for that American) is the number 1 reason for doing such! No more, no less. And this girl is no other than one of the girls who are just playing around in the net. A scammer, the one greedy for money & material stuffs. They are looking for a "fat' prey that they can be taken advantage of.

It is just sad to note that there are a lot of real & sincere men or women in the net, who are whole-heartedly seeking for their love of their life, who became a victim of the powerful claws of these "people without hearts".

In your example, that American will give all the Americans a bad notion & the girls ( with 100% knowledge on the setting) will also give a bad reputation to whatever race they are representing.

Just my 1 peso... laugh.gif Other members here can enlighten you more on this regard.

Marie

"YOU are the ANSWER to my PRAYERS, my DREAM come TRUE, my LIFE"

May 2007 - arrived in Texas
June 2007 - our "big day"
November 2007 - 2-yr GC received
December 2009 - 10-yr GC received

Citizenship by next year!!!!

#14 lovetells

lovetells
  • 902 posts
  • ca

Posted 08 January 2007 - 08:03 AM

Actually, all the decisions still lies on your hand no matter what because if you will just let yourselves to be use with somebody else then they will really grab that chance. So better know the person very well before making the move...

#15 sweet agi

sweet agi
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:JORGE, eating, writing poems, essays, short stories, anything about computers &amp; pc games,cooking...................sleeping.....dancing
  • em

Posted 14 January 2007 - 12:37 PM

So she met a guy with alot of girls profile on his hand? what do you think is he doing playing cards??? choosing the best out of it? dry.gif ....im sorry i know i dont know him personally, but a guy like that is very suspicious & well you dont just pin point to a girl you like like buying some cany in the store, girls deserve to be respected....not like picking up flowers....well she shouldn't trust him right away....1st, be aware of what his intentions are,then is it looks very suspicious....forget it, the right guy will come at the right time...just wait & never loose hope wink.gif

#16 nite_guy

nite_guy
  • 1,096 posts
  • AZ
  • Local Office:St Paul Mn

Posted 07 February 2007 - 03:25 PM

I think you're being a bit hard on this guy. But then if he's going to visit a big list of girls he needs to be honest up front and not let the girl's believe she's the only one he's visiting.
How many times have guys that were going over, only to have the relationship break up before they left, be told to go still and see if they meet someone? How long had this girl been communicating with this guy? Was it only wishful thinking on her part that this might be exclusive?
I didn't see anything written here that said the guy came for anything more than to meet her as a friend. Not to stay with her the whole time.
You're all taking just one point of view without considering other things going on here. There's a lot worse things than going to meet some friends you made in another country hoping there will be a spark found with one. This guy could have been burned by scammers before and making darned sure he doesn't again. Refusing to invest himself emotionally until he knows the girl in person.

There are plenty of guys going over there declaring love, when all they're planning is to get sex and then take off for good. My gf's sister ran into one of those, but thankfully she took our advice and didn't go meet him. But she wanted to believe so badly this was her chance to meet a good man she was hard to convince that it wasn't the right situation.

I'd say this girl should use caution about this guy. He obviously will not commit easily and she should guard emotions the same way. But don't discard him just because he wanted to meet the girls he was talking with before he moved further into any relationship.

You're all sounding like unless the guy is coming with the ring and a proposal they should not even consider going over. This guy didn't sound to me like someone who came over to hurt anyone. Just someone who is being careful before he gives out his heart. then again, he still might be a jerk rolleyes.gif

#17 tcmbmnc

tcmbmnc
  • Members
  • 211 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Charlotte, NC

Posted 07 February 2007 - 06:31 PM

Well,

I got to say I thought the man was shopping for a wife. Going to meet a bunch of girls and interview them before he fianlly "buys" into one. Planning another trip to a possible second country to meet more women, not much else needs to be said about him.

Its sad, and all I can say is I hope any girl he meets runs away.
-Todd

TIMELINE:
8/27/2005 I129F sent
3/28/2006 Embassy Interview approved (213 days later)
5/09/2006 Arrival in USA
7/28/2006 Married!!!!!! :)
1/17/07 Mailed I485 to Chicago
7/3/07 Green Card Issued
5/31/08 Daughter Kirsten Lynn born
Removal of Conditions Timeline:
5/5/09 I-751 Sent
5/08/09 Recieved
5/22/09 Biometric Letter
6/12/09 Biometric Appointment

#18 Bell2

Bell2
  • 2,227 posts
  • Local Office:OH

Posted 07 February 2007 - 08:18 PM

QUOTE(my_destiny @ Dec 7 2006, 11:34 PM) View Post
She told me that she met this guy in Makati..and she said that it was like an interview thing because the guy were holding all the printed profiles of all the girls he is going to meet here. So, her profile was among them. ohmy.gif The guy wants to make sure that what was written on those profile are correct and asked her those questions from her profile. I asked if nakita nya yung ibang girls that he is going to meet. Sabi nya,hindi because he talked to them one by one or by schedule.

If I'm in her situation, on our first meeting I'll tell him not to include me in his shopping, walk out and will not bother to talk to him anymore. Tell her not to feel bad about it. It's a good learning experience for her, it's nice that she knew the guy's true color before she got involve to him deeply. She need to be careful next time . Make it sure that she's the only one woman in the guy's life.

Belle

#19 af_phils

af_phils
  • Members
  • 186 posts
  • Interests:married in hawaii august 2004
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 07 February 2007 - 09:06 PM

QUOTE(my_destiny @ Dec 7 2006, 11:34 PM) View Post
...She told me that she met this guy in Makati..and she said that it was like an interview thing because the guy were holding all the printed profiles of all the girls he is going to meet here. So, her profile was among them. ohmy.gif The guy wants to make sure that what was written on those profile are correct and asked her those questions from her profile. ...

What a dork! Has to be the mark of a rookie because anyone with even the tiniest bit of dating experience is not going to bring along and expose his ‘shopping list’ – I don’t care where you’re from! I stayed at Swagman’s once in Ermita and was within earshot of a guy who must have bussed down from the province the entire family of a prospective wife. An interview it was! How utterly lame!!!

Otoh, The very means of browsing a matchmaking sight implies you are ‘shopping’ no matter how you look at it. The only difference is that you are doing it in the confines of your home.

I personally didn’t have a problem hooking up with more than one person and nor did my wife because she approached it the same way. It will work and no one will get hurt if you treat it merely as a means to hook up (you know, like a date) and not get all engrossed in the lovey-dovey stuff before you even meet. Just keep your shopping list at home… or at least in your pocket…

#20 'my_destiny'

'my_destiny'
  • Members
  • 1,214 posts
  • ca

Posted 09 February 2007 - 03:54 PM

Hello...for the update about my friend's case.
She is somewhat excited because this guy will be coming back this 2nd week of March to meet her again..and only her. I told her to join this site,she said that she will soon. I asked her if this guy will only meet her and not meet others like he did the first time he went here. She is confident that this guy will not meet any girls because he give to her his schedule and his iterinary for the flight. She just booked a hotel for them so I guess or I hope everything will turn ok after this.

Maybe, among the shopping list..He find my friend is one of the best items to have or best ingredients. tongue.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users