dezzy&dan
  • Members
  • 427 posts
  • Interests:computers and cooking
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ve
  • Local Office:Baltimore

Posted 27 January 2006 - 02:03 AM

Ok, I have know my GF for 5 months and there has been hardly a day when we have not communicated. Some days only few minutes some days 10-12 hours both chat and phone calls. So I feel we are very close and I am sure she does too.

There are two big issues which she is too shy to post here. First is my family I am typical white middle age divorcee. My entire family thinks I am nuts, where as her whole family wants to know every day when we are getting married. My family wants to act like I will get tired of this and will not talk about it. Her family all knows me and I even the God father of her niece (I have not been to the Phils in 14 years so I am not sure how this works but non-the-less I am honored.) She is very worried about my family but I know they will all love her when they get to meet her in real. Is there anyone who can support me any make her fears less....?

Second issue, I am 6'4" and she is less than 5" (not really sure but I think she may add an inch or two hehehehe.) I tell her I really love very small girls (women) but she is very worried that I will not like her when we meet in person (in real) for the first time. I am not so worried about this our height difference but I can tell it is of great worry to her. I know she has combed through many pics here and on Asawa looking for small girls with big Amercians.

Anyway I am smitten and I know when I get the funds and the time to escapre from work I will be there to meet her and marry her. She is OFW in Sinagpore with an American Boss so we are able to chat for many many hours. So I have had a lot of time to really get to know her even though I have never net her in person. Just wanted to get some feedback from some old vets out there.

Thanks,
Dan

#2 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 27 January 2006 - 03:23 AM

Hi Dan ,
It wouldnt matter if you was 4 feet tall she would still be worried that you wont like her lol my wife was the same way.
thats all i heard for months before going. she kept saying I hope you like me. My wife even think's she's ugly and think's I'm the greatest looking guy in the world. I'm not sure if she's blind or lieing lol.
Dont worry about it Dan. Once you meet her everything will be fine.
NOW GET YOUR BIG BUTT OVER THERE !!! :lol:
Good luck Dan
Tim

#3 cutie_chirp

cutie_chirp
  • 1,688 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo
  • Local Office:n/a

Posted 27 February 2006 - 12:33 PM

two issues that usually occurs in every american-filipina relationship, as i observed:

first, about the family thing, filipinos are closed family ties, we are family-oriented...that's why she is worried about your family because we want to be closed with our husbands families, you'll see that when you marry her and living with you for quite sometime, she will loved by your family, for sure...

second, about the height issue, well, it really our worries, because we sometimes think that people might look at us because we look like the middle finger and the index finger compared to height differeces...of course, because we sometimes think what will people says...but in-loved it doesn't matter, i am a firm believer of height/weight/age aphorisms of love....

finally when you come here and let her feel that nothing to worry about, for sure, those worried will be forgotten...oops...try now to tell her that to worry about, sometimes we just have that insecurity that killing us...who knows, you might help your girl boost her confidence...

like in my case...my special friend is 6'1" and i am 5'2", he weight 200lbs and i only weight 90lbs....i am worried about this but he is not, he said he like skinny and petite girl, i trust him but sometimes, it's bugging me...what ironic and like hawk said: i figured out my guy look like al gore when gore in younger, he is handsome right?! wherein i said i am ugly....whenever he said i am beautiful and look great, i always says i'm not, i'm not...but after months of talking, we both got used with it, finally, everytime he said that now, i just said thank you and followed by giggles....with that sense, he help me boost my moral when it comes to that aspect...he makes me feel more confident and more beautiful inside and out...he makes me better person than before...

now we are both looking forward of seeing each other....

oopss....i have new story in long distance relationship subject...i will post it today if not tomorrow....

"A great life is not about routine but doing something rare!
To cherish & not to compare! To forgive, not to blame & to be loving without counting!
Laugh at your mistakes but learn from them!
Joke over your troubles but gather strength from them!
Have fun with your difficulties but overcome them!"

in every beginning there's an ending, in every stop there's always a start
like in every sunset, sunrise always awaits

#4 Ynnuh

Ynnuh
  • Members
  • 84 posts
  • lo

Posted 13 March 2006 - 04:00 AM

OF COURSE IT Doesnt MATTER unlesss she's just 1 foot tall. Kidding aside, my fiance is 6'1" and i'm just about 5' - so far, there was no problem with our first and second meeting. Small women are more huggable and bigger guys can give big bear hugs and make us feel secure...so no worries! 8)
Together Forever!!

My Sulit Ads

Our Timeline:

Met on Chat 20 Feb 2002
Met in Person 11 March 2005
2nd Trip to Phils (Bry) 22 September 2005
Annulment (Ynnuh) August 2005
Annulment decision received 09 May 2006
3rd Trip to Phils 21 April 2006
Petition Received at USCIS 06 December 2006
NOA1 Received 11 December 2006
NOA2 Received 23 February 2007
Interview Schedule 06 June 2007 - we never showed up!
Bry arrived in the Philippines August 2007, not to visit but to stay here for good!

#5 dezzy&dan

dezzy&dan
  • Members
  • 427 posts
  • ve

Posted 13 March 2006 - 03:07 PM

hello to all,
I appreciate your replies to my bf's post. I feel better after reading all your replies. I will take all the advice. So far, our relationship goes well. We chatted , talked on the phone many hours a day. My life is full of love and had an ebullient in almost 7 months corresponding to my bf which I've never met him in person yet . I am waiting for the day when he comes visit and I pray everything goes smoothly.
Thanks and goodluck to everyone!

cheers :D
dezzy

#6 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 13 March 2006 - 07:04 PM

Glad to hear everything is going good for the both of you. I hope you meet in person real soon. The wait for that 1st meeting is a real killer lol.
I have a suggestion....It might be less confusing if you and your bf each had your own user name on the site. You dont have to do it but it would help us to know who we are talking to. maybe you could use dezzy&dan and your bf could use dan&dezzy . What do you think ?
Anyway good luck to you both and I'm happy to have you both join us.
TIM

#7 dezzy&dan

dezzy&dan
  • Members
  • 427 posts
  • ve

Posted 14 March 2006 - 03:34 AM

:D I had big smile while reading your reply HAWK.. That sounds good! thanks a lot.. Its a nice feeling to be a member of this forum.

dezzy

#8 Taylormade

Taylormade
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 18 March 2006 - 02:06 AM

That is funny Hawk, my fiansee thinks I am so handsome to and she so ugly. Maybe it is all the rice and fish she eats that makes her blind, I do not know...LOL I keep telling her I think she is the pretiest girl in all the world in my eyes but maybe she just thinks I am blind because I eat to much big macs! Yes my family would think I am nuts for doing what I am doing, I think most people do not understand this whole thing but I do not care. My fiancee asked me once why I wanted to marry a filapina and I told her it was something I always wanted from when I was in highschool. My best friend is half filapino and I would see how his family was and I was like a part of that family. His mom would always tell us to marry a filapina and I listen to her. My friand and I would watch fialpino movies and we would always pick out the prettiest looking filapina's in the movie. I have been married and divorced and now more then ever I wanted to marry a filapina. I think they are the prettiest women around and I know my wife to be has a heart of gold. I always think I am the lucky one, not her. All I wish for is that she will always need me to open a jar of food or to walk the dog on a rainy day or kill a spider in the house or fixing the house or mowing the yard because if she does I will always be happy.

As far as my family I just have not told them as of yet just so I do not hear the negative words but when the right time comes they will be told. My gugma also worries about my family but I tell her just be herself and when my parents see how well she treats me and my son and the love she has for me they will love her too. I think it is that mail order bride thing they have stuck in there head, but this is a new age of computers and phones and webcams and even though I have not touched my gugma with my hands yet we have touched our hearts. Love works in all ways and no one can put limits to it I say. Avelina and I are happy and that is all that matters, all the rest will fall in place.

#9 Roxas Ron

Roxas Ron
  • Moderators
  • 2,115 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Atlanta

Posted 18 March 2006 - 03:15 AM

very well said taylormade...do not let your family bring you down or change your heart...we all deserve happiness

ron

#10 kevgie

kevgie
  • Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 14 April 2006 - 04:50 AM

Im gonna tell something about me and kev.I was worried before that he might not like my ht since i am 5'3 and he is 5'10,but he knew then at first and he said he likes me for being petite.Well speaking of height it doesnt matter as long as you love with eachother.
I remember 1 time im watching tv,a pinay working in HK as chambermaid working in 1 of those hotels, met his man of his life.. Man stands like 6'4 and her wife stands like 4'11..Now they were 20 yrs in marriage with 2 lovely siblings,and still happy.
He makes me happy all the time...
http://s56.photobuck...inandGie043.jpg

#11 Coastie

Coastie
  • Members
  • 1,726 posts
  • te

Posted 30 April 2006 - 08:47 PM

Leah always saying she ugly, but she not far from it. She is a very beautiful young lady. I met only a few and that a VERY few Filipino ladies that were not beautiful though.

As for the husbands family, Mine were like that with my first GF from over there. They were 100% against it. Unfornately she proved them right. But I did not stop. When I met Leah it was a different story.

When I was over there with Leah, My father was very open about her, and even told her he was wanting to meet her. He laughed at her for she was saying some funny things. Such as that she was his Daughter, and he had a daughter in the Philippines.

The last Saterday I was there my father told me to stay and enjoy my self no matter what happened, 3 days later he passed away. Leah took it harder than I did. I knew my father was sick, been sick since he was 16 years old. I been having to stay wwith him alot for the last few years and knew that his days were numbered. Yet from help from above and a Great Doctor, he lived approx 10 years longer than his body would have other wise. Aug 14 they found out he had Cancer, Aug 16 he passed.

Mom will text Leah from time to time. She even called her once or twice. So they did come around.

I just tell them that Love has no border, and no Ocean can prevent it.
Set Sail and enjoy Life treasures and leave the Troubles behind

#12 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:53 PM

I'm real sorry about your Dad. Sounds like he wanted only the best for you.

#13 Coastie

Coastie
  • Members
  • 1,726 posts
  • te

Posted 30 April 2006 - 09:59 PM

Yes he did. He was very special person in my life. I just hope I can be half as good as he was.
Set Sail and enjoy Life treasures and leave the Troubles behind

#14 sway

sway
  • Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 27 July 2006 - 01:19 PM

Im gonna tell something about me and kev.I was worried before that he might not like my ht since i am 5'3 and he is 5'10,but he knew then at first and he said he likes me for being petite.Well speaking of height it doesnt matter as long as you love with eachother.
I remember 1 time im watching tv,a pinay working in HK as chambermaid working in 1 of those hotels, met his man of his life.. Man stands like 6'4 and her wife stands like 4'11..Now they were 20 yrs in marriage with 2 lovely siblings,and still happy.

Hi there,

Good day Kevgie. :) Yes height doesn't matter as long as you have high heels. Joke. My fiance is 5'11" and I'm 5'3" and it's not an issue. :) . About the siblings, do you mean the couple is with her/his brothers/sisters?

sibling - One of two or more individuals having one or both parents in common; a brother or sister.

Apologetic,
Sway
"T'was Beauty That Killed the Beast..."

IPB Image IPB Image

#15 mai

mai
  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Pending)
  • lo

Posted 27 July 2006 - 03:24 PM

hi there..

same as age doesnt matter...height doesnt matter too

larry is 5'11 and im 5'.. he weighs 190 lbs. and im 86 lbs..

i felt a bit awkward for the first time...but later on., emotional aspects values more than physical ones..

Godbless!

#16 denterprise

denterprise
  • Moderators
  • 2,962 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, tennis, traveling
  • te
  • Local Office:Orlando

Posted 27 July 2006 - 04:01 PM

hi there..

i felt a bit awkward for the first time...but later on., emotional aspects values more than physical ones..
Godbless!

Yes, age , height and nationality does not make a difference. We should never let superficial reasons keep us from happiness. Those people that let such reasons keep them from happiness are missing out on their blessings.
God is Good all the time

Dave

#17 Roxas Ron

Roxas Ron
  • Moderators
  • 2,115 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Atlanta

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:36 PM

hi there..

Godbless!

mai

glad to see you feel this way...i am 5'10' and eden is 5'...not an issue...what matters is what is in your heart...glad to see things going your way...my best for happiness to you

#18 mai

mai
  • Members
  • 349 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Pending)
  • lo

Posted 27 July 2006 - 05:48 PM

mai

glad to see you feel this way...i am 5'10' and eden is 5'...not an issue...what matters is what is in your heart...glad to see things going your way...my best for happiness to you

Thanks ron..i appreciate it..
right now, im truly happy and hopefully for good...and love is really sweeter the second time around...

i cant imagine the happiness you feel now that youre married..geeezzz..i wonder when can i be able to say and hear "I dO"' ..heheheh..soooon

thanks again ron...

GOdbless!

#19 Smitty91

Smitty91
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location:Home is where the heart is and my heart is with my wife.
  • ca
  • Local Office:Denver

Posted 28 July 2006 - 01:38 AM

I'm 6'5" and mahal ko is 5'2". She was worried about this before we met, but I wasn't. I find her VERY sexy!!! B)
Love is a decision... an act of will. ~Fr John Corapi.
The Will of God will never take you to a place where the Grace of God does not protect you. ~unkown
Posted Image + Posted Image = Posted Image
Timelines
Facebook Page

#20 AndrwMrk

AndrwMrk
  • Moderators
  • 1,913 posts
  • ch
  • Local Office:Chicago

Posted 28 July 2006 - 02:50 AM

My fiancee is 4'10" and I'm 5'10". When I first met her in person I didn't think that she was very short, because everyone else around was also short. The first time I see the two of us standing together in a photo, I was a little surprised, but got over it really fast. B) It took a little adjusting for us to figure out the best way to hold hands while walking.

Andrew
"Mix those mixed nuts! I see two almonds touching!"
~Kif Kroker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users