#1 verucasalt

verucasalt
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Advertising and kosher hotdogs
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None

Posted 04 July 2012 - 04:17 PM

Hi There mods and modettes,

I request for you to delete the thread i'd started on this website. I appreciate that you'd handle this as soon as you can. Its named " In love with Letters".

I have no desire to delete my profile, i enjoy reading topics in this site and been very helpful for me.

Thank you for your kind consideration and Happy 4th of July to everyone.

Bianca

You are someone that can be persuaded but not directed.  I may try to influence you to see things my way but there won't be many occasions with I'll be obstinate with you - Jim

#2 Roxas Ron

Roxas Ron
  • Moderators
  • 2,115 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Atlanta

Posted 04 July 2012 - 06:44 PM

Hi There mods and modettes,

I request for you to delete the thread i'd started on this website. I appreciate that you'd handle this as soon as you can. Its named " In love with Letters".

I have no desire to delete my profile, i enjoy reading topics in this site and been very helpful for me.

Thank you for your kind consideration and Happy 4th of July to everyone.

Bianca

I am sorry but WOF does not delete threads.

#3 Thetimewillcome

Thetimewillcome
  • 301 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:46 PM

It appears that some threads can be deleted...perhaps it depends on who you are or who you know....

October 2010- Met online
October 28, 2010-Officially a couple
Feb 26, 2011- Met at NAIA
Feb 28, 2011- Proposed in Bali
Sept 1, 2011- Second trip to the Philippines
Feb 11, 2012- Third trip to the Philippines
July 9, 2012- Final divorce judgement
Aug 10, 2012- Sent I-129F
Aug 14 2012- NOA 1

April 19 2013-NOA 2
Aug 5 Sputum negative, finished medical

Aug 7 Embassy interview passed

Aug 31 Visa delivered.

The US government agencies that process visa applications suck stinky a$$.

‎"A wise man should consider health is the greatest blessing, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses" -Hippocrates

#4 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,104 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

It appears that some threads can be deleted...perhaps it depends on who you are or who you know....

I have not seen any posts deleted in all the time I have been a mod on here but I have posted a message for Hawk in case there is something I am not aware of. 

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#5 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,228 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:00 PM

Threads "can" be deleted.  There is a button for it.

That said, it is the policy of this forum that threads not be deleted.  This policy is enforced by the forum owner.

Threads may disappear from view if a Moderator believes the post(s) should be removed from view.  This is done by making the post "invisible" to guests and members.  The invisible post remains unaltered and can be returned at any time by making it 'visible'.  Even this is rarely done as it is reserved for especially offensive posts, duplicate (the extras only) posts or spam posts.  Even in those cases the invisibility option is rarely used though.

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#6 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,830 posts
  • lo

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:06 PM

Spam posts will usually be turned invisible ASAP, and the member suspended (flagged as spammer).

But otherwise, as Fritz said, Hawk's policy is no deletions.

That beign said, those members that are 'senior member' or above can go back and edit their posts to remove their content. I am not sure what the posting theshold for 'senior member is', apparently less than 275 posts but more than 66, judging by the member titles on this thread ;)

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#7 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,063 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:06 AM

I would like more info from you on this. What thread was deleted , when was it deleted and who made the thread ?

I also take it as an insult that you would say that I dont treat everyone the same. That is not true at all.

#8 Thetimewillcome

Thetimewillcome
  • 301 posts
  • ca

Posted 29 May 2013 - 02:38 AM

I would like more info from you on this. What thread was deleted , when was it deleted and who made the thread ?

I also take it as an insult that you would say that I dont treat everyone the same. That is not true at all.

There was a thread the other week I think, in the Bisaya section, asking to translate a FB post. From what I saw, it was quite innocuous, but perhaps there was some personal information on it, or some other reason to hide it.

As far as I'm concerned, a mod or admin is free to delete or hide a post if they feel it necessary, as you are running the forum.

My post was really more a commentary than a complaint, as it was interesting to me that the mod who posted in this thread that WOF doesn't delete threads was the originator of the post that disappeared...or perhaps I am just mistaken.

Edited by Thetimewillcome, 29 May 2013 - 02:40 AM.

October 2010- Met online
October 28, 2010-Officially a couple
Feb 26, 2011- Met at NAIA
Feb 28, 2011- Proposed in Bali
Sept 1, 2011- Second trip to the Philippines
Feb 11, 2012- Third trip to the Philippines
July 9, 2012- Final divorce judgement
Aug 10, 2012- Sent I-129F
Aug 14 2012- NOA 1

April 19 2013-NOA 2
Aug 5 Sputum negative, finished medical

Aug 7 Embassy interview passed

Aug 31 Visa delivered.

The US government agencies that process visa applications suck stinky a$$.

‎"A wise man should consider health is the greatest blessing, and learn how by his own thought to derive benefit from his illnesses" -Hippocrates

#9 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,228 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:34 AM

Warn't me that posted there ... Mark?

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#10 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,830 posts
  • lo

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:38 PM

There was a thread the other week I think, in the Bisaya section, asking to translate a FB post. From what I saw, it was quite innocuous, but perhaps there was some personal information on it, or some other reason to hide it.

As far as I'm concerned, a mod or admin is free to delete or hide a post if they feel it necessary, as you are running the forum.

My post was really more a commentary than a complaint, as it was interesting to me that the mod who posted in this thread that WOF doesn't delete threads was the originator of the post that disappeared...or perhaps I am just mistaken.

Warn't me that posted there ... Mark?

I don't touch anything in the Bisaya forum (edit: unless it is obvious spam). Cleo is Bicol and doesn't understand a word, she doesn't even translate Bicol for me ;) (Makes me do it myself).

If the post was asking for a translation it is possible it got moved to the translation sub-forum. I know there was a (relatively) recent thread there asking for help translating some comments on a photo, I assume it was face book. The thread is still there ( http://www.theworldo...showtopic=25668 )

Edited by MrkGrismer, 06 June 2013 - 12:18 PM.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#11 saccharine

saccharine
  • 354 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:San Jose CA

Posted 29 May 2013 - 05:56 PM

I remember that translation thread because I replied to  it, however when I checked it the next day, it was gone. It was like 5 or 6 text messages/ maybe facebook messages that he was asking for translation and its not that one that Mark has a link to.

#12 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,063 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:30 AM

Well I know I didnt delete it and none of the mods deleted it so it must have been moved to translation section, I would sugest you check there.

From the first day I started this forum I said no posts or threads would be deleted. I meant then and I still mean it today.

A few years ago we had a mod that deleted a few posts and he was removed from being a Mod and then he quit the forum.

No Mod or Admin deletes any posts or threads on WOF exceot for spam.

#13 saccharine

saccharine
  • 354 posts
  • ca

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

It was in the translation section  and it was bisayan phrases/sentences  that he wants it to be translated in english words. I think i was the first one to reply to it and when i didnt see it the next day , i just thought maybe the poster change his mind  about posting it  and had ask somebody to delete it.

#14 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,830 posts
  • lo

Posted 07 June 2013 - 12:37 PM

It was in the translation section  and it was bisayan phrases/sentences  that he wants it to be translated in english words. I think i was the first one to reply to it and when i didnt see it the next day , i just thought maybe the poster change his mind  about posting it  and had ask somebody to delete it.

Perhaps it might be this one? http://www.theworldo...showtopic=18396

#15 saccharine

saccharine
  • 354 posts
  • ca

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:13 AM

Its not that one either, it's a new thread  Mark , I do read the forum everyday so I can attest that it was new.  Its not really a big deal to me that it disappeared out of the blue, its just weird. And also Its the poster's problem,  if he's  really desperate for  the translation then he should post it again. 

#16 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,830 posts
  • lo

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

Its not that one either, it's a new thread  Mark , I do read the forum everyday so I can attest that it was new.  Its not really a big deal to me that it disappeared out of the blue, its just weird. And also Its the poster's problem,  if he's  really desperate for  the translation then he should post it again.

Very strange in that case. Maybe there was an error in the database or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users