44 replies to this topic

#1 argen

argen
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • em

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:32 AM

Hi fellow Filipinas,

Im newbie here and found this forum very informative.
Here's the thing, I am scheduled for MVV application this May 7, 2012.
Can you please advise me about the requirements? I have looked into official websites: IND, Minbuza and the embassy's website but to no avail. They don't give detailed list of requirements. Can you please help me? Salamat sa inyong lahat! :)

#2 peace

peace
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Hi,

First, take the civic integration exam at the Dutch embassy in Manila. After passing the exam, you discuss with your husband/partner/petitioner who is going to file the MVV application. Before, you can file an MVV application direct at the Dutch embassy in Manila or your petitioner can file first for an advice here in the Netherlands (called the advice route). However, when I checked the IND website it seems that the form available there is only for the advice route.

http://english.ind.n...ormulieren.aspx

Anyway, if you and your husband decide to go the advice route then click the link Request for advice preceding the actual Provisional Residence Permit. There both of you can find all the requirements needed.
Different strokes for different folks. But I would suggest that your husband call the IND and inquire.

For your petitioner (UNOFFICIAL):
1. Uitreksel van de gemeente (it is like their version of our birth certificate, cenomar and marriage certificate)
2. Scan ALL pages of passport
3. Evidence of relationship such as e-mails, cards, etc.
4. Evidence of financial capacity
5. Other documents asked by the IND

As for you, initially:
1. Apply for NSO birth certificate, CENOMAR (if not married)/NSO marriage certificate (if married). I don't know if you need to have these documents authenticated by the DFA and later legalized at the Dutch embassy at the time of application.
2. Scan ALL pages of your passport.
3. Exam results from the Civic Integration Exam.

take note that a legalized CENOMAR is only valid for 6 months!

This is time consuming so make a good plan. Always keep copies of your documents.

For the rest please read the past postings.

We wish you all the best!

Edited by peace, 26 April 2012 - 01:00 PM.

#3 argen

argen
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • em

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Hi Peace!

Thanks for your reply. :)
My partner and I already got a POSITIVE advise from the IND.
I have already passed the inburgeringsexam last year. And I have already legalised my cenomar and bc.

What I want to know are the list of requirements during for the application of MVV at the embassy. My schedule is on May 7, 2012. And the following documents are the only thing that I am sure be required by the embassy:
> Duly completed application form
> Valid passport
> Copy of my partner's passport
> 2 recent foto's
> Exam result (passed)
> Legalised BC and CENOMAR

Aside from the above mentioned requirements, what are the other documents needed?
I would like to know if TRAVEL INSURANCE is required aswell. Since my partner can only register me under his insurance company (Dutch National Health Insurance) once I got the MVV, arrived in NL, register at the townhall and then getting BSN.

Is TRAVEL INSURANCE a requirement too upon application?

Thank you so much again peace for your response!
Have a nice day!!! :) :) :)

Hi,

First, take the civic integration exam at the Dutch embassy in Manila. After passing the exam, you discuss with your husband/partner/petitioner who is going to file the MVV application. Before, you can file an MVV application direct at the Dutch embassy in Manila or your petitioner can file first for an advice here in the Netherlands (called the advice route). However, when I checked the IND website it seems that the form available there is only for the advice route.

http://english.ind.n...ormulieren.aspx

Anyway, if you and your husband decide to go the advice route then click the link Request for advice preceding the actual Provisional Residence Permit. There both of you can find all the requirements needed.
Different strokes for different folks. But I would suggest that your husband call the IND and inquire.

For your petitioner (UNOFFICIAL):
1. Uitreksel van de gemeente (it is like their version of our birth certificate, cenomar and marriage certificate)
2. Scan ALL pages of passport
3. Evidence of relationship such as e-mails, cards, etc.
4. Evidence of financial capacity
5. Other documents asked by the IND

As for you, initially:
1. Apply for NSO birth certificate, CENOMAR (if not married)/NSO marriage certificate (if married). I don't know if you need to have these documents authenticated by the DFA and later legalized at the Dutch embassy at the time of application.
2. Scan ALL pages of your passport.
3. Exam results from the Civic Integration Exam.

take note that a legalized CENOMAR is only valid for 6 months!

This is time consuming so make a good plan. Always keep copies of your documents.

For the rest please read the past postings.

We wish you all the best!

#4 peace

peace
  • Members
  • 32 posts
  • lo

Posted 26 April 2012 - 05:46 PM

Great!

I think you have covered everything.

> Duly completed application form you can get this from the guard. they do not like the downloaded ones (as far as I can remember).
> Valid passport and all your previous passports (if you have)
> 2 recent foto's
> Exam result (passed) original

With regard to travel insurance, the embassy did not ask me to present a travel insurance. But before I traveled to Holland I had a travel insurance from OMG, then after I registered at the gemeente I switched to regular Dutch insurance. After that, I applied for reimbursement from OMG for the unused days.

The travel insurance insures you from the time you arrive in Holland up to the time you register at the gemeente. Is this compulsory? I think the IND can best answer this.

Edited by peace, 26 April 2012 - 05:48 PM.

#5 argen

argen
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • em

Posted 30 April 2012 - 07:16 AM

Thanks for your info, peace!
Surely, we'll get a travel insurance.
Have a great day and Happy Queen's Day!

Great!

I think you have covered everything.

> Duly completed application form you can get this from the guard. they do not like the downloaded ones (as far as I can remember).
> Valid passport and all your previous passports (if you have)
> 2 recent foto's
> Exam result (passed) original

With regard to travel insurance, the embassy did not ask me to present a travel insurance. But before I traveled to Holland I had a travel insurance from OMG, then after I registered at the gemeente I switched to regular Dutch insurance. After that, I applied for reimbursement from OMG for the unused days.

The travel insurance insures you from the time you arrive in Holland up to the time you register at the gemeente. Is this compulsory? I think the IND can best answer this.

#6 amice

amice
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:Dutch translations,Immigration law,Social security law
  • lo
  • Local Office:Manila

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:34 PM

The required Travel insurance you also can get at Blue Cross in makati and can be cheaper then in Holland. As long as there is a coverage for healthinsurance of 30000 which is mandetory for the visa.
The Dutch embassy accepted this Blue cross insurance before already.
No rights can be derived to the content of this post.
http://solutiointerpress.webs.com

#7 amice

amice
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • lo

Posted 01 May 2012 - 07:40 PM

New immigration rules for the Netherland starts on july 2012.

The new rules imply that The dutch citizen is obliged to get married(abroad) in order to be able to get his/her partner to his home country.

Thu there are exeptions for those who are not able to marry in the (foreign) country of the partner. ( for example gays ).

Further more it means that the right to life together as registered partners are not meant any longer for Dutch citizen who has a foreign partner.

With this the Dutch government is discriminating Dutch citizen with a foreign partner.

Applicants for a visa and their partners are adviced to appeal to art. 1 a.f. of the civil law code and to art. 8 E.v.r.m of the european law.

Sofar known as of now this is already an accepted law by the parlement, but now the current administration is demissionair, there is a little hope that the law might not come into force(yet).

Anyway its better to count with this new rule.

#8 argen

argen
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • em

Posted 02 May 2012 - 04:08 PM

Hi amice!

I've travelled several times in Holland with a tourist visa.
With regards to insurance, I trust Malayan.
And with the MVV, we will arrange one via NL insurance company.
Thanks for your response though. :)
Have a nice day!

The required Travel insurance you also can get at Blue Cross in makati and can be cheaper then in Holland. As long as there is a coverage for healthinsurance of 30000 which is mandetory for the visa.
The Dutch embassy accepted this Blue cross insurance before already.

#9 argen

argen
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • em

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:15 PM

Bulletin board from the IND about the new immigration rules:
http://english.ind.n...x?cp=111&cs=385

New immigration rules for the Netherland starts on july 2012.

The new rules imply that The dutch citizen is obliged to get married(abroad) in order to be able to get his/her partner to his home country.

Thu there are exeptions for those who are not able to marry in the (foreign) country of the partner. ( for example gays ).

Further more it means that the right to life together as registered partners are not meant any longer for Dutch citizen who has a foreign partner.

With this the Dutch government is discriminating Dutch citizen with a foreign partner.

Applicants for a visa and their partners are adviced to appeal to art. 1 a.f. of the civil law code and to art. 8 E.v.r.m of the european law.

Sofar known as of now this is already an accepted law by the parlement, but now the current administration is demissionair, there is a little hope that the law might not come into force(yet).

Anyway its better to count with this new rule.

#10 argen

argen
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • em

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:05 PM

I got the MVV today!
Ik ben blij! :)

Goodluck sa mga lahat ng gusto magka-MVV!
Kaya nyo yan, ang galing ng Pinay!!! ;)

#11 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,836 posts
  • lo

Posted 10 May 2012 - 03:31 PM

Congratulations!

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#12 andreas

andreas
  • Members
  • 1 posts
  • lo

Posted 23 May 2012 - 03:22 AM

Bulletin board from the IND about the new immigration rules:
http://english.ind.n...x?cp=111&cs=385

hi argen,
id like to know the step by step na ginawa mo from the time yougot married to the time na na-approve ang MVV mo, hhehehe, will start mine kase soon, eh parang lots of processing to undergo. ive been contacting you for long, kaso i always receive error from the site.thanks argen.

#13 argen

argen
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • em

Posted 24 May 2012 - 05:07 AM

hi argen,
id like to know the step by step na ginawa mo from the time yougot married to the time na na-approve ang MVV mo, hhehehe, will start mine kase soon, eh parang lots of processing to undergo. ive been contacting you for long, kaso i always receive error from the site.thanks argen.

Hi Andreas,

1. First you need to pass the Basisexamen at the Dutch Embassy.
2. Then you have to prepare your CENOMAR or Marriage Certificate and Birth Certificate for authentication at the DFA & Legalisation at the embassy
3. Your sponsor can start the procedure for your MVV application in the Netherlands. This is called Request for Advise. If you choose to start your MVV application in the Netherlands you are advised to wait for the decision. The embassy needs to receive the decision before your file can be processed. Your sponsor will be informed by the IND about the result on your application. Once there is a decision you can arrange an appointment to present yourself at the embassy.

--- or ----

If you are confident that you will get the MVV without going through the Advise process, you may also directly apply at the embassy.

You may only contact them by calling the visa appointment system (call center). They do not entertain direct calls at the embassy; only if you have to follow up your application.

Furthermore, the IND is the best source of all informations. http://english.ind.nl/residencewizard/
You may also try to look at the Netherlands Embassy's website: http://philippines.nlembassy.org/
and/or The Ministry of Foreign Affairs: http://www.minbuza.nl/en/services

Goodluck! :)

#14 mickeeh

mickeeh
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • em

Posted 24 May 2012 - 11:27 PM

Hi Argen,

Congrats with ur MVV application :)
Ask ko lng kng kumuha k ng travel insurance & for how long? appointment ko kc sa June 7 & already got a positive advise from IND. Im not so sure lng kc if I need travel insurance pa or not...

Thanks

#15 argen

argen
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • em

Posted 28 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

Hi Argen,

Congrats with ur MVV application :)
Ask ko lng kng kumuha k ng travel insurance & for how long? appointment ko kc sa June 7 & already got a positive advise from IND. Im not so sure lng kc if I need travel insurance pa or not...

Thanks

Insurance is not required as per embassy's advise. However, my partner and I decided to have me insured (for 6months) while I am not yet covered with a Dutch health insurance. My policy is under OOM insurance and it can be refunded soon as I get my own Dutch health insurance.

#16 mickeeh

mickeeh
  • Members
  • 5 posts
  • em

Posted 28 May 2012 - 12:59 PM

Hi Argen,

Thanks for the info :)

Mickeeh

#17 amice

amice
  • Members
  • 39 posts
  • lo

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:31 AM

3. Your sponsor can start the procedure for your MVV application in the Netherlands. This is called Request for Advise. If you choose to start your MVV application in the Netherlands you are advised to wait for the decision. The embassy needs to receive the decision before your file can be processed. Your sponsor will be informed by the IND about the result on your application. Once there is a decision you can arrange an appointment to present yourself at the embassy.

be informed that with the entrance of the amendment,the posibility for the advice procedure no longer exist. So as july 1 2012 you can't follow the advice procedure anymore.

#18 argen

argen
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • em

Posted 31 May 2012 - 08:43 AM

be informed that with the entrance of the amendment,the posibility for the advice procedure no longer exist. So as july 1 2012 you can't follow the advice procedure anymore.

Yes, amice.
But mickeeh schedule is on June 7 and she already got a positive advise.

Furthermore, with the amendments of the rules, yes you are right. That's why it is always wise to check the IND's website.

#19 bulakenya

bulakenya
  • Members
  • 3 posts
  • te

Posted 31 May 2012 - 12:41 PM

Hello everyone, tanong ko lang kung anong size ng picture ang kelangan for the MVV application? Salamat!

#20 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

Hello everyone, tanong ko lang kung anong size ng picture ang kelangan for the MVV application? Salamat!

Please post in English unless it is in the language section. Also if you wish to get the most answers, then it would probably need to be in any form of English that most of us can understand.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users