4 replies to this topic

#1 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,674 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 22 January 2014 - 04:48 PM

Let me react first before those dirty-minded people become worst…. :P Thankful that I never been cheated by my husband. I create this thread for the world’s common marriage conflict other than money no honey can do… :lol:  :P that is cheating one’s partner. Don’t bombard me guys with words like “Hey Melody,you got the wrong tune this time,how could you dare to post topic like that… almost all here in Wof are marriage couple and we are in a Christian forum.” Is this mean that we ought to avoid speaking about this mistake and we are expected not to err being Christians? Even the most lovely couple on earth fall into this tramp maybe just unintentionally and because the spirit is weak when it comes to temptation.Whatever the reason…just never mind. :P 

The purpose of this thread is knowing some tips,advice,measurement..call it whatever you want to avoid being cheated by your partner,applicable for both husband and wife and hopefully not focusing to investigate the reasons why they cheated.

I have heard many people complaining of being cheated and I’m not even sure if there is a survey or statistic who is being cheated more.Men or women? <_<

There are various types of books related to marriage..like “The secret of a happy marriage. The perfect partner & etcccc..”  But seems that there are more disastrous marriage life nowadays than a happy one.No one has a perfect marriage nor a perfect partner. We are just trying to do our best against the imperfection to be perfected into a better relationship being aware that the way to perfection is impossible.Whew...... what a grammar! :lol:

Let me say of making our own thoughts here on how to avoid being cheated by your partner. Is this matter difficult to write down?

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#2 Retro

Retro
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Visa type:K-1

Posted 09 June 2015 - 11:56 AM

No one has a perfect marriage nor a perfect partner. We are just trying to do our best against the imperfection to be perfected into a better relationship being aware that the way to perfection is impossible.Whew...... what a grammar! :lol:

Let me say of making our own thoughts here on how to avoid being cheated by your partner. Is this matter difficult to write down?

I think that is the real kicker. Nobody is pefect, but for some reason we are tricked into thinking there must be somebody perfect out there. So we refuse to accept any imperfections in our partners.

First and foremost, to prevent cheating, it is important to commit to resolving issues directly with your partner. For women, especially, the major thing that leads to cheating is when they discuss their problems at home with another man. Men with ill intentions prey on this and those sweet promises of "I will never treat you like that, etc..." are not unbiased advice. The problems need to stay within the couple. For the man, that means genuinely listening and trying hard to never create an environment in which she doesn't feel free to bring up an issue to you.

My fiance has a very hot temper which is very quick and her mouth is quick to say hurtful words sometimes. Me, on the other hand, I am very stoic and calm. It takes a great deal to make me angry. I have learned to let her speak her mind and when she is exhausted from it, then I will engage her in conversation. She almost always sees on her own that she was out of line and will apologize. Then we talk about what the real issue she wanted to fight about. Seems a perfect match because I do not incite her even more and can quickly calm her down. I have found these temper tantrums have become less and less as she has learned how easy it is to talk to me about an issue. The bluntness of a Filipina is sometimes a bit shocking to a westerner. But I prefer it.

I don't have much advice to prevent a man from cheating because I have never cheated and could never imagine myself doing it. So there is nothing to do to prevent it. I think many men cheat on their wifes out of training. For conquest. Men tend to cheat without losing love for their partners. Some men do it to establish dominance over their women by showing them that they are desired and can leave them at any time. It is a power play. There isn't much a woman can do to prevent a man from cheating if he is the type of man to justify it. That is because it is rarely that the woman did anything wrong to cause it.

But some things, like withholding sex and affection as punishment might cause a man to start looking elsewhere. Nagging a man will also drive him away emotionally. And same for not giving him space to be a man.

Maybe the most important thing is to understand what a woman needs from a relationship and what a man needs from a relationship.

A man seeks security through respect and admiration. They get this from the nurturing a woman provides to him.

A woman gets her security through affection and providing for her.

A strong sexual relationship is important. I don't mean just having sex, but the connections involved in it. You can almost always tell when a relationship is falling apart from the lack of sexual connection.

Never gain the habit of withholding love and affection even if you are angry. It is setting a dangerous ultimatum in an effort to get your way. Even when I am fighting with my partner, I always remind her that I love her no matter how angry I am. I don't threaten to leave or threaten the security of the relationship just to win the fight. It may not break you up immediately, but it will eventually.

Security in the relationship is the number one way to prevent cheating, in my opinion.

#3 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 June 2015 - 03:13 PM

Good post, my wife and I are going on 21 years of marriage and over 24 years of knowing each other, so we hopefully are doing something correct and our lasting marriage is proof that ladies from the Philippines must be more tolerant. :lol:  

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#4 Retro

Retro
  • Members
  • 7 posts
  • Visa type:K-1

Posted 09 June 2015 - 04:45 PM

Good post, my wife and I are going on 21 years of marriage and over 24 years of knowing each other, so we hopefully are doing something correct and our lasting marriage is proof that ladies from the Philippines must be more tolerant. :lol:  

Congrats! You must be doing something right.

#5 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,674 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 27 July 2015 - 12:16 PM

I think that is the real kicker. Nobody is pefect, but for some reason we are tricked into thinking there must be somebody perfect out there. So we refuse to accept any imperfections in our partners.

First and foremost, to prevent cheating, it is important to commit to resolving issues directly with your partner. For women, especially, the major thing that leads to cheating is when they discuss their problems at home with another man. Men with ill intentions prey on this and those sweet promises of "I will never treat you like that, etc..." are not unbiased advice. The problems need to stay within the couple. For the man, that means genuinely listening and trying hard to never create an environment in which she doesn't feel free to bring up an issue to you.

My fiance has a very hot temper which is very quick and her mouth is quick to say hurtful words sometimes. Me, on the other hand, I am very stoic and calm. It takes a great deal to make me angry. I have learned to let her speak her mind and when she is exhausted from it, then I will engage her in conversation. She almost always sees on her own that she was out of line and will apologize. Then we talk about what the real issue she wanted to fight about. Seems a perfect match because I do not incite her even more and can quickly calm her down. I have found these temper tantrums have become less and less as she has learned how easy it is to talk to me about an issue. The bluntness of a Filipina is sometimes a bit shocking to a westerner. But I prefer it.

I don't have much advice to prevent a man from cheating because I have never cheated and could never imagine myself doing it. So there is nothing to do to prevent it. I think many men cheat on their wifes out of training. For conquest. Men tend to cheat without losing love for their partners. Some men do it to establish dominance over their women by showing them that they are desired and can leave them at any time. It is a power play. There isn't much a woman can do to prevent a man from cheating if he is the type of man to justify it. That is because it is rarely that the woman did anything wrong to cause it.

But some things, like withholding sex and affection as punishment might cause a man to start looking elsewhere. Nagging a man will also drive him away emotionally. And same for not giving him space to be a man.

Maybe the most important thing is to understand what a woman needs from a relationship and what a man needs from a relationship.

A man seeks security through respect and admiration. They get this from the nurturing a woman provides to him.

A woman gets her security through affection and providing for her.

A strong sexual relationship is important. I don't mean just having sex, but the connections involved in it. You can almost always tell when a relationship is falling apart from the lack of sexual connection.

Never gain the habit of withholding love and affection even if you are angry. It is setting a dangerous ultimatum in an effort to get your way. Even when I am fighting with my partner, I always remind her that I love her no matter how angry I am. I don't threaten to leave or threaten the security of the relationship just to win the fight. It may not break you up immediately, but it will eventually.

Security in the relationship is the number one way to prevent cheating, in my opinion.

First and foremost.. :D Thanks for posting.It has been a long time that nobody around the Wof was determined to drop his worthless cent.

Seems that you are a person of good-temper while your wife is the contrary.Lucky her!

Oh my goodness there’s nothing to prevent a man/woman from cheating! :o  Is this mean that we are all cheaters and some who are not yet cheaters will surely become because there’s nothing to prevent it??? Helppppppp :lol:

I agree..Men (viceversa) tend to cheat without losing love for their partners simply because there’s nothing to prevent them from doing it. Helpppp again :lol:

Sex as many claim plays an important role in marriage,this is why men/women cheat to satisfy their sexual needs and  there’s nothing to prevent it. More helpppp :lol:

That’s the good in you… “to understand what a woman needs from a relationship and what a man needs from a relationship” should be discussed seriously between the partners.. But don’t you imagine that women are the most complicated creatures on earth and they are mostly hard to understand? :P

Hmmmm..if we get the wrong woman ,no matter how a man provide for her and get  her security through affection, she tends to cheat anyway because no way to prevent it.

How to avoid being cheated? No way to prevent it..even the most happy and inloved partners may fall into it.

I have seen  that some human imperfections can be avoided by human beings that is truly gifted with integrity and indestructible spirit that pleases God ( it does’nt depend on religions).It may not easy for them to be tempted.Nevertheless,it doesn’t mean that such kind of persons are free from sins and mistakes as there is no living creature on earth is perfectly made. I believe that even the nicest persons has its limit in all aspects of life that is......if one is taken for granted by a partner,the risk is higher to cheat.We should consider also that there are persons who are never satisfied and contented of what their partners can offer,so they seek extra services from others. This is life’s reality and who are naturally weak fall into the trap.

Ps. May i know why you choosed Retro as your username?

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users