9 replies to this topic

#1 Mark-n-Luzi

Mark-n-Luzi
  • Banned
  • 54 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:31 PM

I just read in the Asian Journal that 45,570 Filipinos made America their home last year. That is the third largest group ... It makes me angry how hard all of us must work to get our Filipina GF/Fiancee/Wife here and do things the proper way when I see a steady stream of illegal Mexicans coming across the border.

Or they come here for to have an anchor baby so that they become an instant citizen. That law needs to change.

It's a shame because so many of you out there have Philippine relatives that deserve to be here too.

01/27/2011 --------------- We Meet Through Call Center
05/11/2011 --------------- First Visit to Philippines
08/30/2011 --------------- Second Visit to Philippines/Meet Family
09/07/2011 --------------- Engagement!
12/09/2011 --------------- I129-F Mailed
12/19/2011 --------------- NOA1 Entered
01/31/2011 --------------- Third Visit to Philippines

Posted Image

Posted Image

Twitter:@SoCalMark

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 04 May 2012 - 02:03 PM

You may also be interested in: http://travel.state....stics_1476.html

For Philippines, in 2010; 16,537 IR visas issued, 19,636 family preference visas issued, 7,511 K visas issued.

IR visa breakdown: http://www.travel.st...t-TableVIII.pdf (largest number for IR? Parents)

Basis for refusal (all visas, all countries): http://www.travel.st...ort-TableXX.pdf

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 verucasalt

verucasalt
  • Members
  • 70 posts
  • Interests:Advertising and kosher hotdogs

Posted 01 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

I agree with you completely, if only the US Embassy would relax about issuing visas to Filipinos. They happen to be one of the most hard-working people in America.

You are someone that can be persuaded but not directed.  I may try to influence you to see things my way but there won't be many occasions with I'll be obstinate with you - Jim

#4 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:42 PM

I agree with you completely, if only the US Embassy would relax about issuing visas to Filipinos. They happen to be one of the most hard-working people in America.

It's not the embassy, it is how Congress wrote the law.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#5 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 02 July 2012 - 03:41 PM

What I hear is they WERE pretty relaxed in Visas in the older days and many just went under the radar and stayed beyond the Visa dates. Thats no excuse for illegals from mexico abusing the sysytem so highly too, but it has gotten better I read somewhere. Its a prickly subject for many unfortunately, and no easy remedy in the near future..

#6 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 02 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

I think they should move camp Pendleton. Put all the Marines from camp Pendleton along the border with orders to shoot anyone coming across without a visa. No more illegal's, good training for the Marines. Problem solved.

#7 Keith Johnson

Keith Johnson
  • Members
  • 94 posts
  • Interests:Israeli and contra folk dancing, bike riding, web surfing. Also member of Mag-Anak Yahoo Group.
  • ca
  • Local Office:San Francisco

Posted 03 July 2012 - 12:40 AM

On the contrary, I think they should make the Philippines the 51st State of the Union.

#8 nite_guy

nite_guy
  • 1,096 posts
  • AZ
  • Local Office:St Paul Mn

Posted 03 July 2012 - 02:27 PM

I think they should move camp Pendleton. Put all the Marines from camp Pendleton along the border with orders to shoot anyone coming across without a visa. No more illegal's, good training for the Marines. Problem solved.

Sounds like an excellent plan to me.
The United States–Mexico border is the international border between the ... The border's total length is 3169 km (1,969 mi)
181,221 enlisted marines, not counting civilians.
Thats more than enough to decimate any number trying to sneak across. Heck 10 marines per mile could do the job and they would think they've been given a Holiday.

#9 Katherine Pierce

Katherine Pierce
  • 939 posts
  • te

Posted 03 July 2012 - 05:01 PM

Or bring home the troops securing other nations' border to secure our own. But that's another topic. :rolleyes:

Edited by Katherine Pierce, 03 July 2012 - 05:02 PM.

The whole part of being civilized is being able to control one's emotions when someone says something that they dont like.

#10 James in Austin Tx

James in Austin Tx
  • Moderators
  • 2,323 posts
  • ch

Posted 03 July 2012 - 11:17 PM

And people though rebuilding the infrastructure of Iraq was was costly - just imagine redoing the Philippines

On the contrary, I think they should make the Philippines the 51st State of the Union.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users