HOw old is your baby start to talk?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 0007angel

0007angel
  • Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 02:52 AM

my baby is now 19 months,we are little bit worried!she could say some words but not to many.."she could say HELLO when ever she her the phone rings,or "roll it"with action(pat a cake) and tatay (daddy)

#2 destiny_kisses

destiny_kisses
  • 270 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 01 September 2008 - 05:04 AM

I think the best thing to do is go and see a Pediatrician.
K1 VISA TIMELINE

March '07: Mailed Form I-129
03-30-07: NOA 1
07-11-07: NOA 2 - Petition Approved
07-30-07: NVC notification letter with Case Number
08-25-07: Received packet
09-27-07: St. Luke's Medical Exam (for 2 days Sept. 27 & 28, 2007)
10-05-07: Interview = APPROVED...GOD IS REALLY GOOD
10-17-07: VISA ON HAND!!! Thank God!
01-28-08: Flight schedule
02-18-08: Wedding

AOS TIMELINE

02-27-08: AOS Application mailed
03-10-08: NOA Received
03-13-08: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received
03-16-08: Case Status visible online
03-21-08: Biometrics Appointment
04-30-08: EAD Card production (from CRIS)
05-05-08: EAD Card received
05-31-08: Interview Notice Received
07-07-08: Interview = APPROVED
07-07-08: Card production ordered (from CRIS)
07-12-08: Welcome Notice Received
07-14-08: GC Received! Thank God!

REMOVAL OF CONDITION TIMELINE
05-02-10: Petition Mailed
05-10-10: NOA Received
05-20-10: Biometrics Appointment Notice Received
06-09-10: Biometrics Appointment
08-20-10: Card production ordered
08-30-10: GC Received! Thank God!

#3 Lana

Lana
  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • em

Posted 01 September 2008 - 07:28 AM

yes i would agree that its best to meet with your pediatrician and discuss it with him/her.

#4 simon

simon
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 01 September 2008 - 09:01 AM

I know of many babies that age who has the same level of vocabulary or less. !! Im not sure what a peditircian would be able to do about it except telling you to talk a lot to you child. There are by the way, plenty of books about it.

My own son is 23 months and has a veery limited vocabulary, or at least he is not talking - we choose not to send him in kindergarden until he is 2 so that he would avoid all the child sicknesses. That might have slowned down his learning of languages, not being around others. However we did expect it since we are speaking to him in 2 languages at home and he will have to cope with two more in school.

What we noticed is that he is a much slower learner with words with similar aged children - but he was far ahead of them walking ! which is very normal

I wouldnt worry but simply talk a lot to the child

Simon

#5 denterprise

denterprise
  • Moderators
  • 2,962 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, tennis, traveling
  • te
  • Local Office:Orlando

Posted 01 September 2008 - 01:12 PM

A pediatrician will rule out any hearing problems or other disorders. I don't think you have anything to worry about. Children develop at different rates. In education I have worked with thousands of children and can tell you that what you are experiencing is not uncommon. There are some children that have large vocabularies and perfect diction at two and others with a very limited vocabulary at five. I had a nephew that did not talk until he was almost four. He was a straight "A" student all the way through college and is a wonderful speaker.

I recommend that you read stories to your child every day. Not only will this help her with her reading in the future but she will also be exposed to more words and how it should be pronounced. Also help her to ask for things using complete words then sentences. For example if she says, wa wa for water, just model for her and say do you want water? Then have her say water. Once she grasp that then you can move on to sentences.

Just relax and have fun singing, reading and talking to your child. She will be talking before you know it, and you may wish she did not talk so much. smile.gif
God is Good all the time

Dave

#6 Lana

Lana
  • Members
  • 134 posts
  • em

Posted 04 September 2008 - 12:58 PM

hi, just want to share with you a developmental checklist that I always share with parents I find it a valuable tool for us to also be aware of the milestones that our children go through...although like what we know each child is unique and develops at his/her own pace but being knowledgeable of the normal patterns of growth (and the red flags at each stage) is very important...

http://thechp.syr.ed...t_download.html (if you want to download it in word or use the other link for pdf file)

http://thechp.syr.ed...l_checklist.pdf

hope this helps!

#7 cabbagepatch

cabbagepatch
  • Members
  • 6 posts
  • te

Posted 19 April 2009 - 08:46 PM

I think there's nothing to worry about it. She's only 19 months..she will learn to talk soon. My first child didn't really start talking till she was almost 3 years old. It kind of worry me at first but my friends kept telling me to just leave her alone. So I did! And now she's a YAPPER!

#8 chirel

chirel
  • Members
  • 169 posts
  • Interests:Arts & Crafts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 20 April 2009 - 11:09 PM

My daughter start saying words when she's 15 months and she learns atleast 1 new word a day. Now she's 22 months and she can say few sentences.
Childs development specially on talking depends on when they're ready. SOme children dont start talking until they get a little older it maybe because they're shy, or they're just quiet.
Just have fun, she'll talk when she's ready. You'll be surprise on day smile.gif

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users