Been a Wild Year

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 simtek130

simtek130
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:17 AM

Well our little Sofia Chantal turns 1 year old tommorrow. Yesterday morning I walked into the house and she came running around the corner saying daddy daddy daddy. I am so shocked and amazed how she has gone from a baby I could hold in one hand to this little one year old running to meet me at the door when I come in. I am so blessed. It is so funny for the first 15 or 20 minutes I have top carry her around with me every where I go so she can tell me what is going on. I can't understand a damned word she says but i say uhuh, wow and ok and she just chatters away. Every once in a while she will just look at me and smile showing that one tooth and lay her head on my chest then she'll look up and smile real big at me and start chattering away. She always sits on my lap when we are eating dinner, she picks up little hands full of rice right off my plate and feed them to herself. Then when I take a drink she wants some too and she will throw a fit until I give her a drink from my glass. The other day I went to get a diaper to change her and I called her to come over to me. She pulled her dirty diaper off and walked over to me so i could put the new one on. laugh.gif her favorite game if we are watching TV is run over and turn off the TV then she will run away and hide until you turn it back on. Then she will sneak over and shut it off again or change the channel. It has been so cool to watch her grow and learn to crawl, stand up and then walk. Don't get me wrong Starla and Shane are my little princesses too but this is for the BABY God Has Really Blessed US.

Tom

#2 mypinay

mypinay
  • Members
  • 74 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ca

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:07 PM

very touching......

#3 Roxas Ron

Roxas Ron
  • Moderators
  • 2,115 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • te
  • Local Office:Atlanta

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:34 PM

QUOTE(simtek130 @ Oct 29 2006, 06:17 AM) View Post

Well our little Sofia Chantal turns 1 year old tommorrow. Yesterday morning I walked into the house and she came running around the corner saying daddy daddy daddy. I am so shocked and amazed how she has gone from a baby I could hold in one hand to this little one year old running to meet me at the door when I come in. I am so blessed. It is so funny for the first 15 or 20 minutes I have top carry her around with me every where I go so she can tell me what is going on. I can't understand a damned word she says but i say uhuh, wow and ok and she just chatters away. Every once in a while she will just look at me and smile showing that one tooth and lay her head on my chest then she'll look up and smile real big at me and start chattering away. She always sits on my lap when we are eating dinner, she picks up little hands full of rice right off my plate and feed them to herself. Then when I take a drink she wants some too and she will throw a fit until I give her a drink from my glass. The other day I went to get a diaper to change her and I called her to come over to me. She pulled her dirty diaper off and walked over to me so i could put the new one on. laugh.gif her favorite game if we are watching TV is run over and turn off the TV then she will run away and hide until you turn it back on. Then she will sneak over and shut it off again or change the channel. It has been so cool to watch her grow and learn to crawl, stand up and then walk. Don't get me wrong Starla and Shane are my little princesses too but this is for the BABY God Has Really Blessed US.
Tom

Tom

how joyful children are to us...and there is nothing like watching them grow into little people...God Bless Them biggrin.gif

#4 cutie_chirp

cutie_chirp
  • 1,688 posts
  • lo
  • Local Office:n/a

Posted 29 October 2006 - 05:14 PM

tom,

it reminds me of my son growing years, <smile> and he is getting smarter each day! days are moving so fast, he will be four years old next month (November 19) and he is already going to school, the next thing i will know, maybe he is grown up already and doesn't want mommy to bath him anymore and doesn't want to be hug nor kiss around...well, i am a hands-on mom! oh, my little baby boy, i loved him so much although i know he miss the daddy's part, well it's another story...but what great being a mom is the fulfillment you get is incomparable, like your little sofia, everytime i came home from work, he is there to get my hand and bless (filipino culture) and kiss me; if i am sick he reminds me of my medicines and gets me water, he sometimes knows where certain things is being place than i do and sometimes do massage at my back but i'll tell you he can be soooo naughty at times, now, he is telling me that he is batista, hahaha, he seen on tv! just enjoy the times your little sofia was still baby...be there when she needs you while learning to walk, crawl, and do little baby does...it's a blessing to have a child...and not all given the chance to be a parent, so treasured every single moment!

anyway, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to your little sofia chantal...may the Lord bless her always!

cheers,
~Che

"A great life is not about routine but doing something rare!
To cherish & not to compare! To forgive, not to blame & to be loving without counting!
Laugh at your mistakes but learn from them!
Joke over your troubles but gather strength from them!
Have fun with your difficulties but overcome them!"

in every beginning there's an ending, in every stop there's always a start
like in every sunset, sunrise always awaits

#5 AndrwMrk

AndrwMrk
  • Moderators
  • 1,913 posts
  • ch
  • Local Office:Chicago

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:12 PM

Congrats, Tom...You've arrived...sounds like you've found happiness on this Earth. smile.gif

We look forward to seeing the B-day pics wink.gif

Andrew
"Mix those mixed nuts! I see two almonds touching!"
~Kif Kroker

#6 simtek130

simtek130
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE(AndrwMrk @ Oct 29 2006, 05:12 PM) View Post

Congrats, Tom...You've arrived...sounds like you've found happiness on this Earth. smile.gif

We look forward to seeing the B-day pics wink.gif

Andrew

True happiness is indeed watching kids grow up and learn day to day. Thats what I raised my 22 and 25 yo and started over. I found out after my 22 yo turned 18 and left the house that it was pretty lonely.

I am amazed every day and every month at the things that she starts doing and how she gets her experiences. I remember when she found her hands and fingers, she would touch everything, rub it then look at her hands and fingers. now when we are in the Grocery Store it is a grand adventure. I put her down and let her walk. She has to step on every imperfection in the floor. Sometimes they have advertisments on the floor and she will walk over to it and try to pick it up. Today I played where is SOfia. I would walk around and say hey where is Sofia, she would follow me around and blabber at me. I would say where are you Sofia I don't see you. I would never look at her directly but out of the corner of my eye I could see her looking at me. I call her again and say hey tell me where you are. Finally she got mad and groweled at me laugh.gif So I had to pick her up and hug her.

Tom

#7 Ebyang

Ebyang
  • Members
  • 180 posts
  • Interests:Reading chic &amp; sci fi books, spending weekend with my son, cooking, surfing the internet, reading news and current events.
  • em

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:17 AM

Bestwishes & happy birthday to little Sofia Chantal.

This post reminded me when my son was a year & a half and he hasn't spoken a single word, not even dada or mama. I was starting to worry until he finally said the word MAMA while staring at me. I was teary eyed.

#8 username

username
  • 1,953 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te
  • Local Office:Had to use snail mail

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:28 PM

QUOTE(simtek130 @ Oct 29 2006, 07:37 PM) View Post

Thats what I raised my 22 and 25 yo and started over.
Tom

So are you now over the 50 mark yourself? Did it make you feel old and out of place when/if asked 'is that your grandchild' ?

How well did your co-workers and family adjust to your second family at your age?

Was it hard to again adjust to a screaming kid and all the other work associated with a new baby in the house? I mean you were ready to get out and move freely about and now you have to do it all over again.

#9 dogmansgirl

dogmansgirl
  • Members
  • 76 posts
  • Interests:playing online games with my babes

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:09 AM

wow i wish my baby will grow smart also like yours........

anne
03-26-06=i am engage with my Mr.handsome...
03-29-06=He met my family....
04-20-06=SENT THE I-129F
04-21-06=RECIVE IN TEXAS SERVICE CENTER
04-27-06= RECIEVE THE NOA1
05-01-06=TOUCH
06-22-06=ATLAST THEY TOUCH hehehehe...
06-23-06=TOUCH AGAIN yeahey
06-29-06=RECIEVE RFE in the mail
06-29-06=SENT IT BACK
06-30-06=RECIEVE IN CSC
07-07-06=TOUCH three times
08-08-06= CFO done**
08-11-06=touch
09-08-06=call CSC and were APPROVE yehey.......
10-16-06=mnl2006789xxx
12-04-06=Pre interview notice
feb.16-07=Medical exam but done last jan.25&26 2007
feb.26-07=Interview consul says...im approve but they need to put me on AR cuz of the ACS of our baby
April-15-07= Visa on hand
May-9-07=fly to florida
May-10-07= finally with my hubby

AOS
July-23-2007=sent AOS application

Annalou James

#10 Coastie

Coastie
  • Members
  • 1,726 posts
  • te

Posted 01 November 2006 - 03:00 AM

Well I had not gotten to see that, nor experence that though I do have a 16 year old daughter. I am hoping with Leah I will be able to. Good luck and enjoy for I feel there no better pleasure of a child......
Set Sail and enjoy Life treasures and leave the Troubles behind

#11 simtek130

simtek130
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 04:39 AM

QUOTE(username @ Oct 31 2006, 02:28 PM) View Post

So are you now over the 50 mark yourself? Did it make you feel old and out of place when/if asked 'is that your grandchild' ?

How well did your co-workers and family adjust to your second family at your age?

Was it hard to again adjust to a screaming kid and all the other work associated with a new baby in the house? I mean you were ready to get out and move freely about and now you have to do it all over again.

I am 44
I have never had anyone ask me if it were my grandchild.

My coworkers and family were excited for me One of my coworkes is older than me and their baby was only a couple of months older than Sofia. My kids love my wife. My oldest is going to make us grandparents in December and my wife all of 30 thinks it is great being LOLA at 30 laugh.gif She won't admit it openly but I chuckle everytime she says she is going to buy this or that for her grandson. I have no problem with the screaming kid as a matter of fact I take turns with the wife getting up with the baby at night. As far as getting up and out and moving freely... anyone who lets kids inhibit them from enjoying life shouldn't have kids. the kids go everywhere we go. If the kids aren't allowed we shouldn't be there anyway.

QUOTE(dogmansgirl @ Oct 31 2006, 08:09 PM) View Post

wow i wish my baby will grow smart also like yours........

anne

It is all about how you choose to teach them. If you spend alot of time with them and dance ,play, sing, talk to them and even read to them then they will learn. Kids do everything they can even at such a young age to please their parents. I know Lorife will scold Sofia and she will cry and cry until mom picks her up and hugs her. She even knows when she has done something wrong and who she is going to get in trouble by. I watch her grab dirt out of a plant we have she will run to me because she knows mom is going to scold her. If she opens the cabinet and pulls out a DVD she will run to mom because she knows daddy will scold her. It is all a game to her but it teaches the difference between right and wrong and recognising it.

Tom

#12 username

username
  • 1,953 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te
  • Local Office:Had to use snail mail

Posted 01 November 2006 - 01:32 PM

QUOTE(simtek130 @ Oct 31 2006, 11:39 PM) View Post

I am 44
I have never had anyone ask me if it were my grandchild.

Tom

Hey Tom.....

Just had to ask... :-) You had your other children a little earlier than I had mine. I had you figured a bit older than you are currently.

I have a 24 and 23 year old daughter and son respectively. But I am 50+ a couple more.....

And now my pinay wife and my daughter are in a time warp to see who drops first. Yea........ both are pregnant! When we went to tell her I was going to be a Pa again she said Oh you mean Grandpa for the first time...... I said no Pa and she came back with no Grandpa!! Talk about double whammy on a surprise. Makes you feel old and young again at the same time...... tongue.gif

Kids are great. And even better the second time around in my mind because the first time you miss so much due to being younger and not worldly experienced as you are at a later time in life.

And now my daughter and wife can compare the aches and pains of motherhood together. It is kind of wierd at first......... biggrin.gif

Life is good!

--tom

#13 simtek130

simtek130
  • Members
  • 182 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 09:01 PM

QUOTE(username @ Nov 1 2006, 08:32 AM) View Post

Hey Tom.....

Just had to ask... :-) You had your other children a little earlier than I had mine. I had you figured a bit older than you are currently.

I have a 24 and 23 year old daughter and son respectively. But I am 50+ a couple more.....

And now my pinay wife and my daughter are in a time warp to see who drops first. Yea........ both are pregnant! When we went to tell her I was going to be a Pa again she said Oh you mean Grandpa for the first time...... I said no Pa and she came back with no Grandpa!! Talk about double whammy on a surprise. Makes you feel old and young again at the same time...... tongue.gif

Kids are great. And even better the second time around in my mind because the first time you miss so much due to being younger and not worldly experienced as you are at a later time in life.

And now my daughter and wife can compare the aches and pains of motherhood together. It is kind of wierd at first......... biggrin.gif

Life is good!

--tom

Life is good.

Congratulations on your up and coming reemergence into father hood. I am going to be a grandfather for the first time here at Christmas time, I think I mentioned that before, but anyway that is kind of exciting. I think this time I have noticed so much more about how Sofia is developing and find that although my patience isn't as long as when I was younger I enjoy being a father.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users