Photo

Does a baby needs a baby or nursery room?

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 kbryan

kbryan
  • Banned
  • 1,762 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Chgo

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:10 PM

As for the SIDS scenario, the likelihood of that happening after the child is 1 yr old has dropped to almost zero.

https://health.googl... death syndrome

SIDS cases have dropped dramatically with Momma's keeping their babies sleeping on their backs.

Edited by kbryan, 10 February 2010 - 05:04 PM.

#22 mom of twins

mom of twins
  • Members
  • 189 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 10 February 2010 - 04:55 PM

QUOTE (girl_philippines @ Feb 9 2010, 10:59 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Thanks Mommies for your inputs! I would be more comfortable having the baby in our bedroom than have him left alone in his own room. But my hubby thinks it's important for him to get used to sleeping on his own. So I guess we will settle this issue one way or another. smile.gif

Yep you will figure it out when the time comes. We are the first time parents so me and my hubby did the trial and error and what works best for our kiddos and what works best also for the two of us.

We are like Kbryan.

Yes that is the way we view things also, for our kids to learn how to self calm and self soothe. We put them in a separate room
when they are around 5 months. WHenever they are crying at night next to our room, me and hubby is waiting 10-20 min
before we attend. Except of course their feeding time and wet/poopy diaphers. Other than that, they just calm down on their own after some few months of training.

Good luck to you and for sure when your son is around, you will have the Mommy instinct power. Jehova God Bless. In CHrist Jesus.

Edited by mom of twins, 18 February 2010 - 10:44 AM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trust Jehova God with all your heart. Never rely on your own understanding. Glory to Jehova God in the highest. In Jesus Name

Love endures all things. Love never fails.

#23 mom of twins

mom of twins
  • Members
  • 189 posts
  • te

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:07 PM

QUOTE (kbryan @ Feb 10 2010, 05:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As for the SIDS scenario the likelihood of that happening after the child is 1 yr old is almost zero.

https://health.googl... death syndrome

SIDS cases have dropped dramatically with Momma's keeping their babies sleeping on their backs.

After my kids turned 14 months, i am NOT SCARED of sids anymore.

God is so good, they are growing healthily now. Praise God, Praise Jesus Christ our Lord.

Edited by mom of twins, 18 February 2010 - 10:41 AM.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Trust Jehova God with all your heart. Never rely on your own understanding. Glory to Jehova God in the highest. In Jesus Name

Love endures all things. Love never fails.

#24 kbryan

kbryan
  • Banned
  • 1,762 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Chgo

Posted 10 February 2010 - 05:11 PM

Yes, Sleep apnea can be very dangerous, in children as well as in adults.

#25 LJinIL

LJinIL
  • Members
  • 708 posts
  • ca

Posted 10 February 2010 - 07:08 PM

QUOTE (kbryan @ Feb 10 2010, 10:06 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When we do actually have a child..we will probably have him/her in a bassinet next to our bed for the first few months then put him/her in the crib in another Bedroom to get used to sleeping without us. I would be leary of having them in the bed with us....we don't move around alot but I wouldn't want to take that chance, of one of us rolling on top of him/her. Maybe for naps or something but not overnight or for prolonged periods, I would be afraid I would squish him/her.

You said exactly what I was thinking. I can't even add anything else. smile.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users