Photo

Hawaii Five-0

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Cartero

Cartero
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 05 October 2010 - 03:42 PM

Three episodes in we have had Samoans, Chinese, Hawaiians, Russians and Serbs. I understand there are a lot of Pinoys in Hawaii. Shall we we have a pool of there first appearance on Hawaii Five-0?

#2 princeza

princeza
  • Moderators
  • 1,764 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:13 AM

QUOTE (Cartero @ Oct 5 2010, 05:42 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Three episodes in we have had Samoans, Chinese, Hawaiians, Russians and Serbs. I understand there are a lot of Pinoys in Hawaii. Shall we we have a pool of there first appearance on Hawaii Five-0?

Yes, there are a lot of Pinoys here, but it's up to the producers of the show to decide who will be included in the casting. You wait and see. I will be on the show soon laugh.gif (j/k).

Posted Image

#3 Cartero

Cartero
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:53 PM

You are what the second or third largest thnic group on the islands out numbering ethnic Hawaiians? The forgotten invisible minority since you assimilate so well. I remember Carlos of Third Watch went from Pinoy to Latino over that show's 5 seasons.

#4 Psoas10

Psoas10
  • 409 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 06 October 2010 - 06:22 PM

Next episode deals with the kidnapping of the of some kids of the head of the American Embassy in PI. The kids are kidnapped in Hawaii, so we see how much Filipinos get face time. Of course they have had shots of the locals, and many of them could have been part Filipino. Would be nice for Danno to eat some balut, since he is the only one from the Mainland.

#5 Cartero

Cartero
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 19 October 2010 - 05:52 AM

Canadian actor Patrick Gallagher who is Chinese and Irish according to his bio plays the Filipino terrorist Carlos

#6 Psoas10

Psoas10
  • 409 posts
  • ca

Posted 19 October 2010 - 08:33 PM

Oh well it is tv for the Mainland, they always will mix up the Asian casting,hehe. I guess they feel that the whites can not tell the difference.

#7 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 20 October 2010 - 01:16 PM

They where interviewing some Pinoy on the TFC news in regards to Hawii 5-0, so there will be at least one that will be guest starring (sorry, I wasn't paying attention to the TFC at the time, busy with other things).

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#8 Psoas10

Psoas10
  • 409 posts
  • ca

Posted 20 October 2010 - 07:32 PM

That would be nice. I wonder if they make him speak Ilocano for his part. blink.gif

#9 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,250 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 20 October 2010 - 08:20 PM

QUOTE (Psoas10 @ Oct 20 2010, 12:32 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be nice. I wonder if they make him speak Ilocano for his part. blink.gif

This is television. They'll use Cebuano or Hiligaynon for realism tongue.gif

The adventure continues
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#10 Cartero

Cartero
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:12 PM

Russians again rolleyes.gif . Only this time she was the wife of a SEAL from a LDR.

On another board I attend there was a mini controversy among the Hawaiians when in the dead surfer episode that Chin Ho recommended that Danno wear "flip flops" and not "slippahs" laugh.gif

#11 Psoas10

Psoas10
  • 409 posts
  • ca

Posted 02 November 2010 - 06:43 PM

Yes half the state is Russian. laugh.gif Oh well it is tv, and it is nice to see Hawaii on tv. It will make the the people in the Mainland want to come to Hawaii in the winter.

#12 Cartero

Cartero
  • 1,200 posts

Posted 10 December 2010 - 02:03 AM

I just found out Kelly Hu is part Filipina. She has a reoccurring role her role as the Governor's special assistant. It seems she will alternate with Jean Scott's governor in giving the 5-0 task force its missions and political cover.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users