Easy standing rib roast
· 1 standing rib roast of beef, about 6 1/2 pounds
· 3 or 4 cloves of garlic, thinly slivered
· Coarse salt and pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2. Make small slits in the meat with the tip of a small knife; insert the garlic slivers. Rub the meat with salt and pepper. Roast on a rack in a shallow pan for 25 minutes.
3. Reduce the oven temperature to 350°F and roast for 16 minutes per pound (about 1 3/4 hours), or until a meat thermometer reaches an internal temperature of 135°F to 140°F for a medium-rare center. Let rest for 15 minutes before carving.
"WISH A HAPPY MERRY CHRISTMAS TO EVERYONE"
Edited by Gemini, 23 December 2011 - 08:31 PM.