8 replies to this topic

#1 aleena23

aleena23
  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 10 May 2017 - 05:42 PM

Hi guysmy mom petition my sister , she doesn't work so i am the one who will be the joint sponsor. Does ahe need to fill up the form too or Just me ? How about my husband . Does he need 1864 too and what else we need to submit aside from my tax copy and proof of. Citizenship. Tnx

Edited by aleena23, 10 May 2017 - 05:45 PM.

#2 rbacon

rbacon
  • 4,763 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Sacramento

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:04 AM

Aleena.

Your mom needs to fill out an I-864, as the petitioner,  You can followup as a co-sponsor with a separate I-864 or an I-864A combined with mom's income.  Using a separate I-864 tends to make the process run smoother.

--Ray B

Hi guysmy mom petition my sister , she doesn't work so i am the one who will be the joint sponsor. Does ahe need to fill up the form too or Just me ? How about my husband . Does he need 1864 too and what else we need to submit aside from my tax copy and proof of. Citizenship. Tnx

#3 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,227 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 11 May 2017 - 05:05 AM

The petitioner always files an I-864 even if they have no income or assets. So both you and your Mom will fill out I-864 forms.

If the income that is reported to the IRS as your income (work income, interest and investment accounts that report you as the recipient of earnings etc.) is sufficient then your husband does not need to fill out anything.

If you want to use income that is reported to the IRS as your husband's income then he will fill out an I-864A to pool his income with yours for the purpose of meeting the income requirement.

If Mom is living with you, then you can fill out an I-864A, but it is simpler to just use an I-864 if Mom has no income of her own.

The adventures continue
Fritz

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#4 Cersie

Cersie
  • Members
  • 16 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • Texas Service Center

Posted 16 May 2017 - 04:12 PM

Aleena,

I am petitioning my parents so we're kind of in the same boat. I have already submitted the requirements to the NVC and am just now waiting for their response... if everything goes well, the next step will be an interview at USEM *fingers crossed*. :)
I don't work so I used my husband's income to meet the financial requirements. He filled out and signed I-864A. He is not a joint sponsor. A joint sponsor fills out and signs I-864. This can be confusing to new petitioners.

Both answers above are correct but in case you're still confused, I simplified what they said below  ;):

* If your mom is the petitioner/main sponsor, she needs to fill out and sign the I-864.

* Since your mom doesn't work, she will need to use someone else's income (like what I did) to meet the AOS eligibility.

* Assuming you work, does your income meet the poverty line based on your household size? If you're not sure what your household size is and not sure if your income meets the poverty line or not, tell us how many people are living in your house right now, if your mom is living with you, and if your sister will be living in your home too once she gets here.

* If your income meets or exceeds the poverty line and your mom is living with you, you can sign the I-864A to help her petition your sister. No need for your husband to help with the income eligibility.

* If your income DOES NOT meet the poverty line, your husband or any other person willing to help can step in as a joint sponsor. He/they will need to sign the I-864.

Edited by Cersie, 16 May 2017 - 04:16 PM.

#5 aleena23

aleena23
  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • te

Posted 15 June 2017 - 03:53 AM

thank you for all your response. my parents is still green card and lives with us . my sister will  eventually live with us ,  just me and my husband . ...  how much would be our earning to meet above poverty line ? 

another question after we submit my sis visa application . on financial supporting doc. what else should we send ? is tax transcript for 3 yrs enough? 

-- what others supporting documents we need to send, SIS  ( NBI clearance, Birth CErt, copy passport, Cenomar, ,,, what else are we missing ?

#6 aleena23

aleena23
  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • te

Posted 15 June 2017 - 04:14 AM

in addition to the above on financial documents what else  we nees to provide?

> do i need to send copy of my pay stub?

> do i need to send proof of my us citizen? ; proof of my relationship with my sis ?

> for mom do we ned to send  1. her birth cert? 2. passport? 3. green card ?? and if my missing something else

#7 aleena23

aleena23
  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • te

Posted 15 June 2017 - 05:28 AM

ON AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT PART 5 SPONSOR HOUSEHOLD SIZE FOR MOM 1 864 IS IT JUST 3. HERSELF , DAD AND SIS .  IM NOT INCLUDED ON OPTIONAL RIGHT ? BECAUSE WERE NOT COMBINING OUR INCOME.

#8 aleena23

aleena23
  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • te

Posted 15 June 2017 - 07:21 PM

Sorry if i have too many questions im just trtinv to prevent mistake . My other question is so my mom will fill up i864 and i will fill up 1864 as well right . If i computed our household just 5 . Sis incoming . Parents. Me and husband. Base on my research povrty line income should be >40k right? So i dont need need to have my husband to fill ip i864a??

> and in terms of tax . I cant use tax transcripts because me and husband income are together . So i need to send copy federal tax copy gor them yo see my actual income

Am i right??

#9 aleena23

aleena23
  • Members
  • 142 posts
  • te

Posted 17 June 2017 - 05:04 PM

The petitioner always files an I-864 even if they have no income or assets. So both you and your Mom will fill out I-864 forms.

If the income that is reported to the IRS as your income (work income, interest and investment accounts that report you as the recipient of earnings etc.) is sufficient then your husband does not need to fill out anything.

If you want to use income that is reported to the IRS as your husband's income then he will fill out an I-864A to pool his income with yours for the purpose of meeting the income requirement.

If Mom is living with you, then you can fill out an I-864A, but it is simpler to just use an I-864 if Mom has no income of her own.

The adventures continue
Fritz

WHAT I PREPARED NOW IS I864 FOR MOM,  I864 FOR ME AS JOINT SPONSOR ,  AND FOR HUSBAND I864A   . QUESTION IS  FOR I864A WHO SHOULD I PUT UNDER SPONSOR IS IT ME OR MOM. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users