4 replies to this topic

#1 Gemini

Gemini
  • Members
  • 431 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 08 June 2014 - 12:47 AM

My hobby is cooking! what about yours? thank you! :)

#2 teletipid

teletipid
  • Members
  • 346 posts
  • ve

Posted 08 June 2014 - 03:18 AM

i love baking!

ROC TIMELINE:

December 1,2012 - mailed my ROC package

December 3,2012 - received and signed from Vermont Service Center

December 7,2012 - received I-751 RECEIPT NOTICE (NOA1)

January 18, 2013 -  biometrics May 15,2013. -  RFE

august 12,2013 -  received mail GC APPROVED! (Notice date 8/8/13)  

NATURALIZATION TIMELINE:

March 10, 2014 - Sent N-400 USCIS TX

March 11, 2014 - Received application

March 14, 2014 - Cashed Check $680
March 20, 2014 - NOA1 (notice date 3/13/14)

April 8, 2014      - Biometrics 

August 4,2014   - Naturalization interview (PASSED!!)

#3 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 08 June 2014 - 11:18 AM

Our hobby, my wife and I, we enjoy going out with friends and new friends, so when in the Philippines we will try to meet up with others to try to learn from them as I do on the forum as well as try to share information with them that we may know if they should need any.

Exercise is also important and might be called a hobby, so walking around the malls and/or swimming in our community pool is something we both like to do.

Other than that our other hobbies including target shooting and it used to be collecting firearms but nowadays we are down to just a few which we both enjoy target shooting with. Both my wife and I have concealed carry licences and she has been a darn good shot almost from the time I started teaching her to shoot almost 20 years ago, with her doing head shots at 30 or so feet on paper targets with just about any decent handgun she will pick up and shoot. 

I also have an Amateur Radio Licence aka Ham License, so I enjoy talking on the radio and going to some of the get together events related to that but have done it less and less over the years, since it seems to be a dying hobby that less younger people get into each year.

My wife likes reading and can sit down with a large hard copy book on and off for days. I used to love reading books but now find it hard on the eyes, so I prefer reading online and will do as much of that as I can to keep my brain active and to try to know what is going on in the world.

And of course one of my hobbies is forums where I can try to help others with things we have learned over the years and where I enjoy learning from others. The mind needs to be exercised and fed on a regular basis to keep it active, just as the body needs to keep moving or slowly but surely it too will stop working. 

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#4 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,663 posts
  • em

Posted 08 June 2014 - 06:03 PM

My hobby is cooking! what about yours? thank you! :)

While yours is cooking, my hobby is eatingggg :lol: :P

Seriously my dear pretty culinary expert Gemini, i have multiple hobbies. The first on the list is..evidently taking care of animals. This is one of the reason why i love monkeys too and eating banana as my habit LOL

Your welcome my friend :)

I guess for others..their hobby is facebooking :P

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

1_zps3d8b5644.jpg

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#5 jsnpilot_787

jsnpilot_787
  • Members
  • 184 posts
  • Interests:Photography, Flying, Flight Instructing. Too much to list.
  • ve

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:32 AM

Well im a little late to chime in but hey, better late than never right? :)  Hobbies? Wow, too many to list. Some hobbies me and the wife share and some we don't but it works out well both ways. We both like to be outdoors and go hiking when we get the chance. We are also into photography which we often combine with our hiking trips as well. The wife likes to cook sometimes although i wouldnt classify that as a hobby for her lol. She likes other things as well like hanging out with her friends and all the online social media. Im not a social media buff so that one is out for me.  Some of my other hobbies revolve around computers and electronics and other technical areas like that. I love working on those things and fixing electronic equipment. Of course flying for me is sort of a hobby / job / profession.

The only problem with hobbies is they tend to be expensive sometimes so we have to find cheaper alternatives :P

Edited by jsnpilot_787, 11 October 2015 - 04:34 AM.

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users