Tito Jorge
  • Banned
  • 533 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Seattle

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:18 AM

QUOTE(Ampalaya @ Feb 24 2007, 08:55 PM) View Post
Naku! I thought I was the FIRST member banned!
Oh well! you can't win them all!

Banned????

If my memory is any good at all ...

I believe you had a meltdown here and left of your own free will ...

Then you went around to all the other forums posting about how terrible THIS forum is ...

I guess you've gotten over it now ... as you seem to be back again ...

Welcome back to WoF Jack ...

-- George

Edited by Tito Jorge, 25 February 2007 - 06:19 AM.

#22 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:38 AM

QUOTE(Tito Jorge @ Feb 24 2007, 08:18 PM) View Post

Banned????

If my memory is any good at all ...

I believe you had a meltdown here and left of your own free will ...

Then you went around to all the other forums posting about how terrible THIS forum is ...

I guess you've gotten over it now ... as you seem to be back again ...

Welcome back to WoF Jack ...

-- George

Show me where I posted on any other forums how terrible this forum was "kaibigan".

You were the uninformed person as a LOT of your post show you are that started the whole thing when I posted air fare discounts for immigrants and you laughed at me.

As you know by now you were WRONG!

I'm surprised you haven't been banned for flaming people!
Here's from another of your more "intelligent post here recently!
I believe she is saying that pisoot means little penis in ilonggo ...

-- George

-- George

Edited by Ampalaya, 25 February 2007 - 06:44 AM.

Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#23 Tito Jorge

Tito Jorge
  • Banned
  • 533 posts
  • ca

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:24 AM

I wasnt wrong Jack ... it wasnt a question of being right or wrong ...

All I said was that "First time immigrant special" sounded funny ... it actually made me laugh ... if you cant see the humor in that ... Im truely sorry ... but others found it to be humorous as well ...

Oh I wont bother to explain the "little penis" post ... if you read the previous posts it makes sense ...

So here we both are Jack ... you have not been banned ... and neither have I ... so lets just both be happy about that and try to have a nice night ... ok?

Ingat kaibigan ...

-- George

Edited by Tito Jorge, 25 February 2007 - 07:28 AM.

#24 Henry

Henry
  • Members
  • 115 posts
  • ve

Posted 25 February 2007 - 01:41 PM

QUOTE(Southerndon @ Feb 24 2007, 11:04 PM) View Post
Sir Henry,

i can assure you that the first member banned was not banned for using email...I wont go into details but I thkn Tim has adressed this with you before..if not he definatly addressed it here in the forum....several times...

sometimes tbis makes me wonder if YOU are that member and you are just usiing another IP address. HMMMMMM make u wonder...

all the bored trolls and ridiculers did not start anything in here....it seems to be a new set of problem makers...the folks that u reffered to from Asawa have migrated here but ther's no problems from them.

Southerndon

I can assure you I am not that member laugh.gif , The only reason I ever brought it up in the first place was the fact that the member did not post anything offensive here at WOF(that I had ever seen), he must have e-mailed a mod(you perhaps) and was banned for that along with whatever he was saying at other sites. I have no personal interest in that member. I was only questioning the reasoning, and Hawk's #1 post in "A sad day for WOF" stated that the 2 e-mails to a mod was the reason. Being a former mod here that participated in the flame war at Asawa( which you admitted to) was the only reason I used your name in the reasoning for my position. Don't take it so personally, it was not meant to be a personal attack on you.(I did stop when Hawk took it as a personal attack) It was just an example for the sake of the questioning, being a fellow member of you know where, you should have thicker skin. I just have to question things, it's my nature laugh.gif As far as I am concerned, it's Hawk's forum he may do as he pleases with it and I'm not going to complain. If I don't like it, I know where the door is. Oh, and Jack, George is correct laugh.gif

Henry

#25 Tito Jorge

Tito Jorge
  • Banned
  • 533 posts
  • ca

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:30 PM

QUOTE(Henry @ Feb 25 2007, 05:41 AM) View Post
Oh, and Jack, George is correct laugh.gif

Amen Brother Henry ...

-- George

#26 southerndon

southerndon
  • Moderators
  • 1,661 posts
  • lo

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:11 PM

QUOTE(Henry @ Feb 25 2007, 08:41 AM) View Post
I can assure you I am not that member laugh.gif , The only reason I ever brought it up in the first place was the fact that the member did not post anything offensive here at WOF(that I had ever seen), he must have e-mailed a mod(you perhaps) and was banned for that along with whatever he was saying at other sites. I have no personal interest in that member. I was only questioning the reasoning, and Hawk's #1 post in "A sad day for WOF" stated that the 2 e-mails to a mod was the reason. Being a former mod here that participated in the flame war at Asawa( which you admitted to) was the only reason I used your name in the reasoning for my position. Don't take it so personally, it was not meant to be a personal attack on you.(I did stop when Hawk took it as a personal attack) It was just an example for the sake of the questioning, being a fellow member of you know where, you should have thicker skin. I just have to question things, it's my nature laugh.gif As far as I am concerned, it's Hawk's forum he may do as he pleases with it and I'm not going to complain. If I don't like it, I know where the door is. Oh, and Jack, George is correct laugh.gif

Henry

Henry

I can assure you that my skin is thick enough....I never considered it an attack on me and if it were I can handle it..i can assure you.

It just is strange how you seem to take an interest in this particular subject. Are you a member of BNN...Yes I do know where LOL...and it's not a bad word or secret.

It's ok to question things I don't mind it..i reallu don't. I question too...but it seem, sometimes, that when I do or one of the BNN members, we are accused of starting trouble.

As for the "flame war" I only use taht term to keep things simple....I only truly flamed one particular person.....and since then he and I have sort of shaken hands and called it a truce...but I only really flamed one person and most of the folks here know who that is. It was not here it was in Asawa. I am sure you know that.

What many folks accused me of flaming was me simply speaking my mind about certain people...it seems that is considered indecent or "bastos" as the Filipinos call it. I don't apologize for speaking my mind and never will.

I appreciate the conversation Henry...have a nice day. wink.gif

Southerndon

#27 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 25 February 2007 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE(Tito Jorge @ Feb 24 2007, 09:24 PM) View Post

I wasnt wrong Jack ... it wasnt a question of being right or wrong ...

All I said was that "First time immigrant special" sounded funny ... it actually made me laugh ... if you cant see the humor in that ... Im truely sorry ... but others found it to be humorous as well ...

Oh I wont bother to explain the "little penis" post ... if you read the previous posts it makes sense ...

So here we both are Jack ... you have not been banned ... and neither have I ... so lets just both be happy about that and try to have a nice night ... ok?

Ingat kaibigan ...

-- George

Yep bro George!
Lets move on and try to help others instead of hurting others!
That's all I'm here for plus to pick up info!
Ingat and aloha!
Jack

Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

#28 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:49 PM

Tim, for those that do not know it, could you post exactly what you mean by flaming and how it differs from disagreeing? Sometimes the line can be a little blurred and it would probably be helpful if you posted exactly what you meant to avoid any misunderstandings.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#29 Felicity

Felicity

(*0*)c",)

• 7,246 posts
  • Interests:theater arts, painting,photography,web designing,musical instruments,speeches,visa process,life abroad,people, clubs-Toastmasters Club, Rotary Club, Rotaract Club, Scouting,blogging

"Never explain yourself to anyone. Because the person who likes you doesn't need it and the person who dislikes you won't believe it."
  • ca
  • Local Office:Fresno

Posted 25 February 2007 - 11:16 PM

QUOTE(MrkGrismer @ Feb 25 2007, 09:49 PM) View Post
Tim, for those that do not know it, could you post exactly what you mean by flaming and how it differs from disagreeing? Sometimes the line can be a little blurred and it would probably be helpful if you posted exactly what you meant to avoid any misunderstandings.

i always think what happened to me was disaggreement.a lot disagreed to my posts..some did flaming but i remained cool and tried to stop the flame smile.gif i enjoy the forum and i have learned a lot from here, i dnt wanna be banned sad.gif im happy, dnt have warnings yet hehe

i would agree to that sir Tim, everybody is entitled to his own opinion so no one can dis agree to what a person say about himself smile.gif still i respect each reply ...

hi everyone!
fel

#30 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE(MrkGrismer @ Feb 25 2007, 03:49 PM) View Post

I think that anything said WITH THE INTENT to hurt or anger another member is flaming. I guess I am the one to judge the intent.
TIM

#31 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 February 2007 - 02:05 PM

QUOTE(HAWK @ Feb 26 2007, 11:55 PM) View Post
I think that anything said WITH THE INTENT to hurt or anger another member is flaming. I guess I am the one to judge the intent.
TIM

Could you please add that to http://www.theworldo...php?showtopic=2 so that nobody misses it?

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#32 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:15 PM

QUOTE(MrkGrismer @ Feb 27 2007, 08:05 AM) View Post
Could you please add that to http://www.theworldo...php?showtopic=2 so that nobody misses it?

Good idea. It's there now. Thanks,
TIM

#33 nate

nate
  • Members
  • 24 posts
  • Interests:The three M's in life: Maria, Motorcycles, and Mexican food.
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca

Posted 27 February 2007 - 08:32 PM

There's nothing quite as tragic as a forum torn apart by petty divisive behavior. We're here to learn and communicate and that means listening to the other party(s), not protecting our egos and prove ourselves in front of an audience. This is WOf, not Divorce Court. I am not a moderator obviously but people.. please... if you have issues, take it off site where it probably originated or at least use the PM's. I have been banned at another site because I have a big mouth and believe me, I know the frustration and hurt in being cast out from a community you call home. Don't let this fate fall upon you as well because you couldn't keep your tongue reined in. It is a process I wish upon nobody! Do not forget the Golden Rule...
Fashioned by Faith, Forged in Passion, Living in Truth, Our Love...

#34 Roxas Ron

Roxas Ron
  • Moderators
  • 2,115 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Atlanta

Posted 27 February 2007 - 10:45 PM

QUOTE(nate @ Feb 27 2007, 02:32 PM) View Post
There's nothing quite as tragic as a forum torn apart by petty divisive behavior. We're here to learn and communicate and that means listening to the other party(s), not protecting our egos and prove ourselves in front of an audience. This is WOf, not Divorce Court. I am not a moderator obviously but people.. please... if you have issues, take it off site where it probably originated or at least use the PM's. I have been banned at another site because I have a big mouth and believe me, I know the frustration and hurt in being cast out from a community you call home. Don't let this fate fall upon you as well because you couldn't keep your tongue reined in. It is a process I wish upon nobody! Do not forget the Golden Rule...

very true WORDS!!!

#35 Mylo

Mylo
  • 621 posts
  • ve
  • Local Office:Buffalo, NY

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:48 AM

oops

Edited by Mylo, 28 February 2007 - 01:50 AM.

Mylo rest in peace 4/1/2000--7/27/2010

It came to me that every time
I lose a dog,
they take a piece of my heart with them.

And every new dog
who comes into my life
gifts me with a piece of their heart.

If I live long enough,
all the components of my heart will be dog,
and I will become
as generous and loving as they are.

Biko welcome to our home Sept. 18, 2010

http://www.itsahuskything.com/

http://siberianhuskyforum.com/

#36 Mylo

Mylo
  • 621 posts
  • ve
  • Local Office:Buffalo, NY

Posted 28 February 2007 - 01:49 AM

As I had mentioned in a post a while back that I was amazed how you had managed to keep everything under control without deleting flames and banning flamers. Yes as the population of this site grows the difficulty in maintaining the status quo will become quite difficult.

Its not a sin to moderate, if a post needs to be removed then do so without further apology, if the poster is an @@@ warn and then throw the bum out if the need be there. Speaking from experience moderating is not a ego trip regardless how some of those who feel they are persecuted.

Edited by Mylo, 28 February 2007 - 01:51 AM.

Mylo rest in peace 4/1/2000--7/27/2010

It came to me that every time
I lose a dog,
they take a piece of my heart with them.

And every new dog
who comes into my life
gifts me with a piece of their heart.

If I live long enough,
all the components of my heart will be dog,
and I will become
as generous and loving as they are.

Biko welcome to our home Sept. 18, 2010

http://www.itsahuskything.com/

http://siberianhuskyforum.com/

#37 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 28 February 2007 - 08:23 PM

QUOTE(Mylo @ Feb 27 2007, 07:49 PM) View Post
As I had mentioned in a post a while back that I was amazed how you had managed to keep everything under control without deleting flames and banning flamers. Yes as the population of this site grows the difficulty in maintaining the status quo will become quite difficult.

Its not a sin to moderate, if a post needs to be removed then do so without further apology, if the poster is an ass warn and then throw the bum out if the need be there. Speaking from experience moderating is not a ego trip regardless how some of those who feel they are persecuted.

My problem with deleting post or threads is that it wont stop them. Just like on asawa, a thread would get locked down or deleted just to start up again 10 min's later in another thread. The only thing that I see that works is to ban the flamers. It's really simple ......no flamers = no flames.
TIM

#38 apple

apple
  • Members
  • 91 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:manila

Posted 01 August 2007 - 03:02 AM

I have been away from WOF for months and I am back with more confidence WOF is one Great FILM_WEST community sites.
I thank Hawk for banning members who are " fond" of flames and blazing fires.

More Power to you Hawk!

Apple

#39 asianstreak

asianstreak
  • Banned
  • 6,039 posts
  • Interests:too many to mentions
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 08 April 2008 - 12:07 AM

I agree of Ban or delete his/her post if ever its not appropriate or if you think something wrong with it.Thats what our moderator did in our California vtx riders group board.
Eventually Im sad to think that there are some people who are very sensitive and misunderstand some of what they have read So I assumed we must not be presumptuous and be tactful of what want to say.Remember were still stranger to each other.No one knows exactly who we are.I advice to be considerate and be sensitive...
But in making jokes it will be fun too .It add spices to our life,so before we react to his/her joke think about it first.If the joke intimidate you?? Then forget it....Remember blessed who have patience and knows how to forgive..Amen!!

Edited by asianstreak, 08 April 2008 - 12:08 AM.

#40 Pilot Mike

Pilot Mike
  • 875 posts
  • ve

Posted 08 April 2008 - 01:41 AM

QUOTE(asianstreak @ Apr 8 2008, 12:07 AM) View Post
I agree of Ban or delete his/her post if ever its not appropriate or if you think something wrong with it.Thats what our moderator did in our California vtx riders group board.
Eventually Im sad to think that there are some people who are very sensitive and misunderstand some of what they have read So I assumed we must not be presumptuous and be tactful of what want to say.Remember were still stranger to each other.No one knows exactly who we are.I advice to be considerate and be sensitive...
But in making jokes it will be fun too .It add spices to our life,so before we react to his/her joke think about it first.If the joke intimidate you?? Then forget it....Remember blessed who have patience and knows how to forgive..Amen!!

OMG dont open this back up ohmy.gif
My OCD has ADD and the voices in my head are speaking Polish....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users