54 replies to this topic

#1 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 24 February 2007 - 01:04 AM

In the past few week's this forum has gotten out of control with all the fighting. So this is what we are going to do.
From this time on anyone starting fights or flaming other members will get ONE warning to stop. If you don't stop I'll ban you. If you get flamed DO NOT FLAME that person back. Just send me or one of the mods a PM and we will take care of it. If you flame back then you will also get ONE warning to stop. If you don't stop then your banned as well. I will not put up with this kind of behavior on this forum. If you wanna fight and flame each other take it another forum, use PM's or email but not on the forum.

We have all worked to hard for to long to let a few bad members destroy this forum.
TIM

#2 THETIMID

THETIMID
  • Members
  • 47 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 24 February 2007 - 02:49 AM

QUOTE(HAWK @ Feb 24 2007, 12:04 PM) View Post
In the past few week's this forum has gotten out of control with all the fighting. So this is what we are going to do.
From this time on anyone starting fights or flaming other members will get ONE warning to stop. If you don't stop I'll ban you. If you get flamed DO NOT FLAME that person back. Just send me or one of the mods a PM and we will take care of it. If you flame back then you will also get ONE warning to stop. If you don't stop then your banned as well. I will not put up with this kind of behavior on this forum. If you wanna fight and flame each other take it another forum, use PM's or email but not on the forum.

We have all worked to hard for to long to let a few bad members destroy this forum.
TIM

Fair enough Tim. How many warn do we get?...lol..

My blog Topic: Politicians Out and About

'No matter how rich you become, how famous or powerful, when you die the size of your funeral will still pretty much depend on the weather.' BY: Michael Pritchard

#3 southerndon

southerndon
  • Moderators
  • 1,661 posts
  • lo

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:07 AM

good going Tim

It's about time!!!

southerndon

#4 AndrwMrk

AndrwMrk
  • Moderators
  • 1,913 posts
  • ch
  • Local Office:Chicago

Posted 24 February 2007 - 03:30 AM

May I add something? Lately I've noticed that a good number of the flame wars have had something to do with something that happened off site, such as YM, other forums, friendster....places like that...

From time to time it is good that a member will make an announcement about something that everyone needs to know about, but if someone feels the need to air out some dirty laundry from something that happened way back in Asawa, or in Friendster or somewhere else...please be sure that there is a very good reason for it. If you have a dispute with another member because of something they said or did off-site, think twice before bringing it here.
"Mix those mixed nuts! I see two almonds touching!"
~Kif Kroker

#5 Mel

Mel
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:my wife, our 2 children, and my youth program and the youngsters in it
  • lo

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:53 AM

real good entry. this site is too valuable to allow itself to get caught up with the petty emotional bs. I don't think (I hope, anyway) that any of us join this for the verbal fighting.
10/22/10: Mailed N400
10/26/10: Received confirmation of payment, I-797C
11/04/10: Biometrics December 2nd, in Elizabeth NJ
01/14/11: Citizenship scheduled for February 15th
02/15/11: Citizenship interview passed!
02/15/11: Swearing in ceremony. Rocelle Lomanda Zitter is an American Citizen!!!

#6 SkyCamJay

SkyCamJay
  • Members
  • 344 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Los Angeles, CA

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:22 AM

This is a hot topic on many forums and I have seen it lead to some censorship of peoples posts. In my opinion the plan Tim has is the only way to deal with people that have no other outlet but to come here and cut down people and have an audience for it.

I have been the owner and a moderator on some other boards when this type of activity begins. The only way is to get rid of those few that ruin it for the rest of us. People have to understand the site they are posting on, what its purpose is. Its called The World of Filipinas, not The World of Flaming Others. We are a family here, and yes famlies do fight, but there are ways of certain members of that family to go off in private and handle their problems with out letting everyone else here know their business.

We are here to learn a culture, learn a language, and learn how to marry the most caring, beautiful women in the world, and how to bring them home to have a wonderful life and a beautiful family. We are here to share those experiences and learn from them.

Thats just my opinion, I could be wrong....

Jay
Lotes and Jay's Timeline

Met online : June 2006

Met in Person : Sept 2006

Filed K1 : Nov 6, 2006

K1 Recieved: Nov 14, 2006

Approval Notice: Feb 6, 2006

NVC Sent app to Manila: Feb 21, 2007 (Have MNL #)

Manila Embassy Rec: March 15, 2007

Medical: 4/10 - 4/11/2007 (14 hours+ over 2 days! You poor girls!)

Interview: May 17, 2007... Pink Slip Given along with White 221G Checked Reviewing your paperwork, Told they would review papers, and if everything is ok, VISA will be in hand in 3 to 5 working days.

May 21, 2007 UPDATE!! Called DOS today, and we are on AR!

Aug 15th 2007 APPROVED FINALLY in AR for 89 days (Keep the Faith, Dont lose Hope!)

Visa: In hand Aug 17th 2007!

Delbros Tracking Info
8/18/2007 7:26:24 PM RECEIVED BY LOTES ON 08/17/2007 15:50:00
8/18/2007 7:55:36 AM SHIPMENT RETURNED FOR POD
8/17/2007 8:10:48 AM SHIPMENT OUT FOR DELIVERY
8/17/2007 8:08:56 AM SHIPMENT BEING PREPARED FOR DELIVERY
8/16/2007 6:14:46 PM SHIPMENT RECEIVED AT DISTRIBUTION CENTER
8/16/2007 5:52:56 PM SHIPMENT IN PROCESS
8/16/2007 9:46:28 AM SHIPMENT RELEASED BY THE EMBASSY
5/17/2007 2:47:12 PM SHIPMENT PROCESS IN THE EMBASSY

Flight to US: Sept 20th LAX POE

Wedding: November 09, 2007

My Love for Lotes: Never Ending!

Feb. 25, 2008 Sent in Application for AOS.
April 4, 2008 Biometrics Appt.
April 10, 2008 RFE for my W2s
April 14, 2008 Sent RFE with W2s to MO Service Center
April 18, 2008 RFE received at MO Service Center, application process continued
May 21, 2008 Work Authorization Card Production Ordered!
May 30, 2008 EAD arrived in the Mail!
Oct 14, 2008 AOS Interview. (Approved for Conditional Green Card)

#7 Lerlyn

Lerlyn
  • Members
  • 959 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ca
  • Local Office:N/A

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:36 AM

QUOTE(HAWK @ Feb 24 2007, 01:04 PM) View Post

TIM

Thank you sir Tim for such action. I know some members(including myself) are afraid to share their experiences here or concerns becoz others tend to flame them.

More power to you!

Lerlyn

Timeline:

July 2008 : Sent documents to USCIS thru Mr. Ray Bacon
July 14, 2008 : NOA1 hard copy received
Sept 4, 2008 : Choice of Agent and Address form
Sept. ? , 2008 : IV fees and others (paid)
Dec. 18, 2008 : Sent all supporting documents including the AOS
Jan. 2 , 2009 : Hubby called the NVC. CR2 case completed. CR1 missing document(visa photos)
Jan. 12, 2009 : CR1 case completed
March 4,6&9, 2009 : Medical (Approved)
March 12,2009 : Interview 8:30 AM (Approved) Thank you God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit!
March 14, 2009 : Visas on hand!
April 03, 2009 : Manila to LAX
MY BLOG

My friendster

My Picturetrail

#8 lirachadsbaby

lirachadsbaby

with my precious 'lil girl

• Members
  • 1,732 posts
  • Visa type:Removing Conditions
  • ve
  • Local Office:new orleans

Posted 24 February 2007 - 09:02 AM

That's a fair and great decision. This site isn't for fighting or so. Fights doesnt help those who wanna learn here especially to newbies who thought this site may be of great assistance to them.

Thank you!

#9 denterprise

denterprise
  • Moderators
  • 2,962 posts
  • Interests:Basketball, tennis, traveling
  • te
  • Local Office:Orlando

Posted 24 February 2007 - 12:38 PM

This is a good decision, we can't let a few destroy this forum. This is a Christian Fili-AM site and hopefully those that come here will feel that spirit and want to become a blessing to someone. This does not mean you have to agree with everything, or dance around an issue. It just mean to leave the childishness and mean spirited behavior out of your post.
God is Good all the time

Dave

#10 aquarianjane

aquarianjane
  • Members
  • 68 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:30 PM

Thanks for putting your foot down Tim.

There have been so many cat fights here in the past weeks that it resembled the scenes of the 1980's tv series "Dynasty" with Joan Collins constantly bickering with Linda Evans. While it may be entertaining and amusing in the world of soap opera, in real life unhealthy conflict becomes damaging to everyone around it not only to the people involved.

I have noticed in the past weeks that a number of members who once actively posted and gave good advices just suddenly stopped. Could it be because they are averse to conflict? Hopefully with this new rule they would come back and start posting again.

Jane

#11 Tito Jorge

Tito Jorge
  • Banned
  • 533 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca
  • Local Office:Seattle

Posted 24 February 2007 - 05:44 PM

Amen Tim ...

Time to clean house ...

-- George

#12 username

username
  • 1,953 posts
  • te
  • Local Office:Had to use snail mail

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:06 PM

QUOTE(denterprise @ Feb 24 2007, 07:38 AM) View Post
This is a good decision, we can't let a few destroy this forum. This is a Christian Fili-AM site and hopefully those that come here will feel that spirit and want to become a blessing to someone. This does not mean you have to agree with everything, or dance around an issue. It just mean to leave the childishness and mean spirited behavior out of your post.

I asked Tim that question once before. Can I only come here if I am a Christian and join some form of your church? Is this ONLY a Christian Fil/Am forum?

I was told it was not a Christian only site but that whatever your religious belief was you are welcome.

I think there is a strong Christian belief here and Tim made a special area directly related to Christian stuff.

Please again let me know if only Christians are welcome on this site. Or correct that perception for others.

Must I convert to converse to anyone on this site? Is that how a Christian lives their life? Just curious........... Just give me my walking papers if only Christians are welcome on WOF!

I hope my question don't get me my first warning...... But if you feel that I am the trash on your site set me free and turn me off. I will whine but will just turn the other cheek to your actions in the spirt of a Christian!

I also want to say I support your position. I think I even asked a question to Tim some days ago on his level of tollerance for ignorance on the site. I see he found his level!

#13 surfs

surfs
  • Members
  • 55 posts
  • te

Posted 24 February 2007 - 07:26 PM

Good decision Tim.There are plenty of other venues outside of this forum where individuals can indulge their immature, childish behaviour.In regards to the forum itself it is my understanding it is open to all regardless of religious or non-religious background.There is a specific topic area for issues of Christian relevance for those of us interested in pursuing such topics in further depth without in any way imposing a particular belief system on others.-------Terry

#14 SkyCamJay

SkyCamJay
  • Members
  • 344 posts
  • ca
  • Local Office:Los Angeles, CA

Posted 24 February 2007 - 08:11 PM

I think this site is all about helping others. I think all religions believe that, no matter what your background or beliefs.

JMHO - Just My Humble Opinion

Jay rolleyes.gif
Lotes and Jay's Timeline

Met online : June 2006

Met in Person : Sept 2006

Filed K1 : Nov 6, 2006

K1 Recieved: Nov 14, 2006

Approval Notice: Feb 6, 2006

NVC Sent app to Manila: Feb 21, 2007 (Have MNL #)

Manila Embassy Rec: March 15, 2007

Medical: 4/10 - 4/11/2007 (14 hours+ over 2 days! You poor girls!)

Interview: May 17, 2007... Pink Slip Given along with White 221G Checked Reviewing your paperwork, Told they would review papers, and if everything is ok, VISA will be in hand in 3 to 5 working days.

May 21, 2007 UPDATE!! Called DOS today, and we are on AR!

Aug 15th 2007 APPROVED FINALLY in AR for 89 days (Keep the Faith, Dont lose Hope!)

Visa: In hand Aug 17th 2007!

Delbros Tracking Info
8/18/2007 7:26:24 PM RECEIVED BY LOTES ON 08/17/2007 15:50:00
8/18/2007 7:55:36 AM SHIPMENT RETURNED FOR POD
8/17/2007 8:10:48 AM SHIPMENT OUT FOR DELIVERY
8/17/2007 8:08:56 AM SHIPMENT BEING PREPARED FOR DELIVERY
8/16/2007 6:14:46 PM SHIPMENT RECEIVED AT DISTRIBUTION CENTER
8/16/2007 5:52:56 PM SHIPMENT IN PROCESS
8/16/2007 9:46:28 AM SHIPMENT RELEASED BY THE EMBASSY
5/17/2007 2:47:12 PM SHIPMENT PROCESS IN THE EMBASSY

Flight to US: Sept 20th LAX POE

Wedding: November 09, 2007

My Love for Lotes: Never Ending!

Feb. 25, 2008 Sent in Application for AOS.
April 4, 2008 Biometrics Appt.
April 10, 2008 RFE for my W2s
April 14, 2008 Sent RFE with W2s to MO Service Center
April 18, 2008 RFE received at MO Service Center, application process continued
May 21, 2008 Work Authorization Card Production Ordered!
May 30, 2008 EAD arrived in the Mail!
Oct 14, 2008 AOS Interview. (Approved for Conditional Green Card)

#15 AndrwMrk

AndrwMrk
  • Moderators
  • 1,913 posts
  • ch
  • Local Office:Chicago

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:40 PM

QUOTE(username @ Feb 24 2007, 02:06 PM) View Post
I asked Tim that question once before. Can I only come here if I am a Christian and join some form of your church? Is this ONLY a Christian Fil/Am forum?

I was told it was not a Christian only site but that whatever your religious belief was you are welcome.

I think there is a strong Christian belief here and Tim made a special area directly related to Christian stuff.

Please again let me know if only Christians are welcome on this site. Or correct that perception for others.

Must I convert to converse to anyone on this site? Is that how a Christian lives their life? Just curious........... Just give me my walking papers if only Christians are welcome on WOF!

I hope my question don't get me my first warning...... But if you feel that I am the trash on your site set me free and turn me off. I will whine but will just turn the other cheek to your actions in the spirt of a Christian!

I also want to say I support your position. I think I even asked a question to Tim some days ago on his level of tollerance for ignorance on the site. I see he found his level!

Username, I'm going to take a stab at answering some of your questions. I believe that this isn't an exclusively Christian site, but I think that Tim (my opinion, not tim's) created this site with the idea that people can be open about their beliefs if they choose to. Yes, there is an area that's dedicated exclusively to Christian related things, but I personally don't have a problem if peoples beliefs are discussed outside of that forum. I'm a Christian, but there are many many things that I believe that are not the same as what other Christians believe in. I'm not going to let it bother me if someone starts talking about something I don't personally believe in.

If there has been cases where you've been singled out because of your beliefs, and made to feel unwelcome here, please let Tim or one of the Mods know and we will do our best to fix that.

And remember, this is all my opinion, not anyone elses! laugh.gif

Andrew

"Mix those mixed nuts! I see two almonds touching!"
~Kif Kroker

#16 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:47 PM

QUOTE(username @ Feb 24 2007, 01:06 PM) View Post

OK Here it is one more time. You DO NOT have to be a Christian to join the forum. But NO ONE is allowed to flame or talk crap about Christian's or anyone else. End of story.
TIM

#17 Henry

Henry
  • Members
  • 115 posts
  • ve

Posted 25 February 2007 - 02:03 AM

QUOTE(HAWK @ Feb 23 2007, 08:04 PM) View Post
If you wanna fight and flame each other take it another forum, use PM's or email but not on the forum.

TIM

Hmmmm,,,, this is sort of,,, well you know what I'm talking about. I remember posting a Good Luck to you if you get too big. Mostly because when you grow bigger there will always be the envious(forum envy? blink.gif ) and other sorts of troublemakers just because of the rule of percentages you're bound to end up with some real A-h*l*s. Depending on which view you take on my posts I could be one laugh.gif . With the demise of Asawa, all the bored trolls and ridiculers migrated here to start here where they left off there. I agree you should take control of YOUR forum, but the first member banned was banned for using e-mail. I think you know where this COULD go, but I won't. Good Luck to you again Hawk, you are right, there's no need for the bickering and gossip here, let it stay where it belongs.

Henry

#18 southerndon

southerndon
  • Moderators
  • 1,661 posts
  • lo

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:04 AM

QUOTE(Henry @ Feb 24 2007, 09:03 PM) View Post
Hmmmm,,,, this is sort of,,, well you know what I'm talking about. I remember posting a Good Luck to you if you get too big. Mostly because when you grow bigger there will always be the envious(forum envy? blink.gif ) and other sorts of troublemakers just because of the rule of percentages you're bound to end up with some real A-h*l*s. Depending on which view you take on my posts I could be one laugh.gif . With the demise of Asawa, all the bored trolls and ridiculers migrated here to start here where they left off there. I agree you should take control of YOUR forum, but the first member banned was banned for using e-mail. I think you know where this COULD go, but I won't. Good Luck to you again Hawk, you are right, there's no need for the bickering and gossip here, let it stay where it belongs.

Henry

Sir Henry,

i can assure you that the first member banned was not banned for using email...I wont go into details but I thkn Tim has adressed this with you before..if not he definatly addressed it here in the forum....several times...

sometimes tbis makes me wonder if YOU are that member and you are just usiing another IP address. HMMMMMM make u wonder...

all the bored trolls and ridiculers did not start anything in here....it seems to be a new set of problem makers...the folks that u reffered to from Asawa have migrated here but ther's no problems from them.

Southerndon

#19 tcmbmnc

tcmbmnc
  • Members
  • 211 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca
  • Local Office:Charlotte, NC

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:21 AM

Thank you Tim,

For all you do to make this forum user friendly.
-Todd

TIMELINE:
8/27/2005 I129F sent
3/28/2006 Embassy Interview approved (213 days later)
5/09/2006 Arrival in USA
7/28/2006 Married!!!!!! :)
1/17/07 Mailed I485 to Chicago
7/3/07 Green Card Issued
5/31/08 Daughter Kirsten Lynn born
Removal of Conditions Timeline:
5/5/09 I-751 Sent
5/08/09 Recieved
5/22/09 Biometric Letter
6/12/09 Biometric Appointment

#20 Ampalaya

Ampalaya

Latest creation!

• 4,744 posts
  • Interests:Staying VERTICAL!!
  • ca
  • Local Office:Honolulu.

Posted 25 February 2007 - 04:55 AM

QUOTE(Southerndon @ Feb 24 2007, 06:04 PM) View Post
Sir Henry,

i can assure you that the first member banned was not banned for using email...I wont go into details but I thkn Tim has adressed this with you before..if not he definatly addressed it here in the forum....several times...

sometimes tbis makes me wonder if YOU are that member and you are just usiing another IP address. HMMMMMM make u wonder...

all the bored trolls and ridiculers did not start anything in here....it seems to be a new set of problem makers...the folks that u reffered to from Asawa have migrated here but ther's no problems from them.

Southerndon
Naku! I thought I was the FIRST member banned!
Oh well! you can't win them all!

Denied K1, K3/K4, CR-1/CR-2, AOS, ROC, Adoption and US Citizenship. Dual citizenship.
All PAU!
Been there! Did it all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users