7 replies to this topic

#1 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:34 AM

I just found out that John aka sterlingsilver has died. From what I've been told by his wife Liahsterling John was swimming in the ocean in the Philippines when the waves got to big and he couldn't get back to the shore. By the time they got to him it was to late . He died on his birthday doing what he loved to do and he was where he loved to be, the Philippines. John was a very good friend of mine and I will miss him far more then he knew.

John was one of the first members of WOF and we became friends not long after he joined. I was able to meet John and Leah in person a few times. Back then there was a war between two or three Fil/Am sites. The largest site went under because of the fighting. As soon as I heard it was going under I started WOF , it didn't take long before WOF was the big dog on the block, I didn't allow and still don't allow fighting on the forum. John was a scrapper lol he loved a good fight so it was hard sometimes to control him lol I would warn him on the forum same as I did everyone else. Some knew we were friends and said I gave John special treatment. I didn't ! There was many nights I would get on Yahoo and tell him to cool it. I told him I didn't want to ban him but I would if it meant protecting WOF. He would always say you're right and he would back off. lol

A few years ago John started a call center in the Philippines so he spent most of the past 4 or 5 years in the Philippines. We talked on the phone a lot and he told me how happy he was working and living in the Philippines. John wanted me to visit him in the Philippines but I never got over to the island we was on. I'll kick myself in the ass for not making the time to go see him for a very long time. John loved the Philippines and the people there and I'm sure he would say that he was already in heaven when he died.

Tim

#2 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 09 August 2016 - 09:18 AM

Sorry to hear of this Tim. RIP John. Condolences to his family and friends. 

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#3 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 09 August 2016 - 12:24 PM

This is very sad. John and I didn't always get along all that great here but I always respected him, and he kept the conversation going. The world will miss him. :(

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#4 TechnoWeenie

TechnoWeenie
  • Moderators
  • 341 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1
  • ca

Posted 07 September 2016 - 12:03 PM

Awe man.. what a bummer.  Sad to hear the news.

TW

*12-12-03 - Met in Malaysia
*(a bunch of things)
*02-04-06 - married
*02-17-06 I-130 filed
*03-03-06 Recieved NOA1 - 130
*03-20-06 Recieved NOA1 - 129
*05-11-06 NOA2 - 130
*(a bunch of things)
*11-20-06 Finished Medical (all was ok)
*12-07-06 Interview date - K3 (RFE)
*01-10-07 Wife has visa in hand - K3
*01-29-07 Wife arrived in US on K3
*05-04-07 Intervew date - CR1 (Approved)
*05-16-07 Wife arrived in US on CR1
*05-29-07 SSN arrived in mail
*06-04-07 GC arrived in mail
*02-17-09 Mailed I-751
*02-26-09 I-797C NOA recieved
*03-14-09 Biometrics completed
*05-05-09 Notice of GC production received (no interview)
*06-03-09 Ten Year GC arrived in the mail
*01-05-12 N-400 application mailed
*02-08-12 Biometrics completed
*04-04-12 Citizen interview and Oath (passed)

#5 Smitty91

Smitty91
  • 1,131 posts
  • Location:Home is where the heart is and my heart is with my wife.
  • ca
  • Local Office:Denver

Posted 22 September 2016 - 02:13 PM

OMG How tragic. So sorry to hear this news. Thoughts and prayers to Liah, the family and you Tim. I didn't know John personally, but do recall what you posted. He had a way about him.

Maybe a memorial page for John and other members that have passed?

Love is a decision... an act of will. ~Fr John Corapi.
The Will of God will never take you to a place where the Grace of God does not protect you. ~unkown
Posted Image + Posted Image = Posted Image
Timelines
Facebook Page

#6 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 22 September 2016 - 05:04 PM

OMG!!!! :( 

It was pretty cool to fight with him but at the end we stopped fighting anymore.

His tragic incident really hit me ! He could ever enjoy his  birthday but...... no more words to say

Condolence to the bereaved family

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#7 sixstringjunkie

sixstringjunkie
  • Members
  • 472 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • ve

Posted 03 October 2016 - 01:00 PM

That is terrible news indeed.  I vaguely remember Mr. Sterling, but prayers go out to his wife and family.  This is yet another reminder that life is but a blink of an eye, and the Lord may put each of us to rest in his time, not ours.  

History is being made every second of your existence. Make every second count. History is meant to be remembered.

#8 Gemini

Gemini
  • Members
  • 431 posts
  • lo

Posted 02 December 2016 - 05:42 AM

Sorry to hear about John. May he Rest in Peace and my late condolences to his Family. Sorry guy's i haven't on much here because I am a busy Mom now with my 15 month's old and first baby and he is a very gorgeous little boy, and also busy at work. I know i so really miss this forum. And now i have a cell so i can check here so easy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users