12 replies to this topic

#1 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • Visa type:K-3
  • ch

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:19 AM

I have posted this in the Mod section so all the Mods will read this. From now on this is how we will deal with members that refuse to follow the rules. I've posted it here so all the members can read it and understand how we will dealing with this. That way theres no misunderstandings and if a member gets banned there will be no reason to say it wasn't fair, and no reason to ask for another chance. Once banned they are gone for good.

Ok I've made a few changes in the way we deal with members that wont follow the rules.

1. No more warnings by PM only. If a members is sent a PM, warning them to stop then it must also be posted in the thread so all members can see that the member was warned.

2. A member will get 3 warnings to stop , we have to use the warn box for this to work. If you warn them then hit the warn box so the rest of us know that he or she has been warned.
Only exception to this is not speaking English, we still need to remind them but I dont see it as a reason to ban someone.

3. After the 3rd warning a member will be suspended from posting for one week. After they come back the warn level goes back to zero and it starts over. If it happens a 2nd time they get two weeks out. If it happens a 3rd time , then they get banned and no amount of begging will get them back in.

4. If I feel the offense warrants I will ban a member at any time I see fit no matter where they are in the warning level.

#2 username

username
  • 1,953 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te
  • Local Office:Had to use snail mail

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:08 AM

In some way that sounds so familiar ..... back when I had kids in the house and was Mr. Mom.

Just change the weeks to hours after counting to 3 and posting to kneeling on rock salt or standing in the corner and you have a good control program in place. Then replace Ban with Belt and you are in the driver's seat on conduct at Level 3 where begging brings one more swat for even asking!

And of course, the golden rule: (Mr.) Mom is always right and has the last word!

And don't none of you forget your Mom this Sunday!!

#3 southerndon

southerndon
  • Moderators
  • 1,661 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:20 AM

QUOTE (HAWK @ May 6 2010, 08:19 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
2. A member will get 3 warnings to stop , we have to use the warn box for this to work. If you warn them then hit the warn box so the rest of us know that he or she has been warned.
Only exception to this is not speaking English, we still need to remind them but I dont see it as a reason to ban someone.

3. After the 3rd warning a member will be suspended from posting for one week. After they come back the warn level goes back to zero and it starts over. If it happens a 2nd time they get two weeks out. If it happens a 3rd time , then they get banned and no amount of begging will get them back in.

Hawk

I believe this is as fair as it can get! You're giving them 6 chances to shape up or ship out. It's very generous!

Semper Fi,

Don

#4 sterlingsilver

sterlingsilver
  • Members
  • 1,406 posts
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • te

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:37 AM

QUOTE (southerndon @ May 6 2010, 07:20 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hawk

I believe this is as fair as it can get! You're giving them 6 chances to shape up or ship out. It's very generous!

Semper Fi,

Don

WHere have you been, man??????

Good to see you posting again!
Catch a man a fish, and you can sell it to him. Teach a man to fish, and you ruin a wonderful business opportunity. Karl Marx

#5 Mel

Mel
  • 882 posts
  • Interests:my wife, our 2 children, and my youth program and the youngsters in it
  • lo

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:17 AM

I think it is fair -- generously fair.
10/22/10: Mailed N400
10/26/10: Received confirmation of payment, I-797C
11/04/10: Biometrics December 2nd, in Elizabeth NJ
01/14/11: Citizenship scheduled for February 15th
02/15/11: Citizenship interview passed!
02/15/11: Swearing in ceremony. Rocelle Lomanda Zitter is an American Citizen!!!

#6 Gregg

Gregg
  • 1,534 posts
  • ca

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:47 AM

Love the transparency.

Thanks Tim
03/22/08 Met on CB
09/12/08 Met in person
09/15/08 Engaged
10/16/08 Annulment filed
09/16/09 2nd trip
01/26/11 Annulment granted finally!

........K1 TIME LINE......

01/29/11 K-1 packet mailed to Dallas TX
02/05/11 Package delivered
02/14/11 Received NOA1
05/20/11 Received NAO2 APPROVED!
05/27/11 Received case #
06/15/11 Medical - Sputum cultures ordered - result positive
07/13/11 TB treatment started
09/11/11 3rd trip to Philippines
01/14/12 TB treatment at Saint Luke's Completed
02/10/12 Results of final sputum culture negative
02/14/12 Re-medical
02/26/12 Medical clearance obtained
03/27/12 Embassy interview - Approved!
04/12/12 Visa Received!! - What a great day!!
04/24/12 CFO stickers obtained
04/27/12 Arrive at O'Hare at 8:40 AM via Japan Airlines
05/10/12 Wedded Bilss!

#7 AYENSGUYTOM

AYENSGUYTOM

Ayensguy

• 771 posts
  • Interests:food, wine, sports, politics, world news, family
  • ca

Posted 07 May 2010 - 02:48 AM

#'s 1 & 2 ARE VERY NICE ADDITIONS
#3 is extremely generous

Thanks again for the time and patience you give
to this forum,...

#8 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • lo

Posted 07 May 2010 - 12:26 PM

It's nice to have a systematic approach to these things. Cut's down on the concept of favoritism and such.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#9 southerndon

southerndon
  • Moderators
  • 1,661 posts
  • lo

Posted 07 May 2010 - 01:08 PM

QUOTE (sterlingsilver @ May 6 2010, 09:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
WHere have you been, man??????

Good to see you posting again!

John,

I've just been taking care of the love of my life and working on other "issues". I'll be posting more often in the future but Ana takes priority I'm sure you understand. wink.gif

Don

#10 asianstreak

asianstreak
  • Banned
  • 6,039 posts
  • Interests:too many to mentions
  • Visa type:AOS (Approved)
  • ca

Posted 17 January 2011 - 03:47 AM

Thats a FAIR RULES.....

But wait a second....geeshh when I typed wof and poped this new colored website of yours I was totally SURPRISE and kind of hesitant if this is really the WOF.I feel awkward of this change,the color is so shocky ,maybe I will get used to this as time goes by...this is just different ..I feel like Im in FACEBOOK PAGE ...:lol: Cant we make it a little darker ...I guess I need my sunglasses its too glary B)

#11 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 17 January 2011 - 05:58 AM

Thats a FAIR RULES.....

But wait a second....geeshh when I typed wof and poped this new colored website of yours I was totally SURPRISE and kind of hesitant if this is really the WOF.I feel awkward of this change,the color is so shocky ,maybe I will get used to this as time goes by...this is just different ..I feel like Im in FACEBOOK PAGE ...:lol: Cant we make it a little darker ...I guess I need my sunglasses its too glary B)

We are still working on it , we just got the update done a few hours ago. Give us time to get everything set up.

#12 melody

melody

Rule Your mind..Or It Will Rule You..!

• 2,668 posts
  • em

Posted 18 January 2011 - 09:12 AM

Cant we make it a little darker ...

I second the motion.....now i like the new combination of colors....same colors of my clothes..:D

"Knowledge is a source of power that develope one's social,moral and sritual ability!

Though we travel the world over to find the beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.....

#13 HAWK

HAWK
  • Root Admin
  • 5,073 posts
  • ch

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:23 AM

If you go all the way to the bottom of this page on the left you will find a drop down box. If yours is showing IP board try one of the other two choices.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users