Magic Jack for Android

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 27 April 2013 - 03:40 AM

This might be yet another way to keep in touch with relatives or friends who are anywhere in the world. 

I just downloaded the Magic Jack Android app HERE on google play and put in my Magic Jack number by signing into my MJ account and now I can make calls from my android cell phone and the phone number that comes up on the receiving persons caller id is my Magic Jack number. I believe you will need a gmail email account to do that and I believe it can be done even without having a Magic Jack but there might be a cost for the phone number. 

Works like a charm on any wifi, so when out and about at a coffee shop, at home on my wifi or at a friends house, I can receive and make calls to the US or Canada free (included in the yearly cost to own a Magic Jack). 

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#2 Fritz

Fritz

Experience is what you have left after you have lost everything

• Root Admin
  • 3,252 posts
  • Visa type:CR-1

Posted 28 April 2013 - 07:13 AM

Magic Jack
Description states free outbound to US & Canada withourt registration. Free outbound to US and Canada and free inbound to a Magic Jack number with registration. WiFi or 4G recommended. (GMail is not required)
Android 2.2 or higher
iPhone iOS 4.0 or later. iPhone 3GS or later, iPod Touch 3G or later, iPad
WinPhone NOT SUPPORTED
It is billed as data

Skype has apps for
Android 2.2 can use rear facing camera & 2.3 or higher can use front or rear camera
iPhone iOS 4.0 or higher, iPhone/iPod/iPad. iPhone 3GS can use rear camera & iPhone 4 and 5 can use front or rear camera
WinPhone WP7.5 & WP8
Per minute and monthly rates for Skype to mobile/landline rates available. Skype to Skype is free.
It is billed as data.

Yahoo Phone Out has been discontinued
Yahoo Messenger PC2PC allows Android/iPhone/WinPhone users to make free voice and video calls to YM users.
It is billed as data.

Google Voice
Android 2.0 or higher
iPhone iOS 4.0 or higher. iPhone 3GS or later, iPod Touch 3G or later and iPad
WinPhone WP7.x, WP8 Official App has limited function. Other GV clients are available in the Windows AppStore.
Due to the way GV works it will almost always bill voice minutes on your mobile when calling out.

I also recommend the Smart Hellow IDD card for calling US & Canada from Philippines (Smart or Talk&Text SIM)
P2.50/min USA, Canada, Guam, Hawaii
P5/min Singapore, South Korea, Taiwan, China, Malaysia, Hong Kong, Macau, Brunei
P8/min Japan, Australia, UK, Italy, Thailand
P10/min Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, India, Bahrain, Spain, France, Kuwait, Indonesia

Vonage
Android 2.1 or higher
iPhone iOS 4.3 or higher. iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad (Optimized for iPhone 5)
WinPhone 7.5 & 8 "Vonage Call" on the Windows Appstore is the official Vonage app. (The WinPhone app is not yet mentioned on the Vonage website)
It is billed as data.

*WP7.8 will run WP7.5 apps. It is found on many new low end WinPhones and is offered as an upgrade for phones not compatible with WP8.

*When billed as data, no data is used while on a WiFi connection.

Keep on trucking
Fritz

Edited by Fritz, 28 April 2013 - 07:28 AM.

May you find what you want in life,
know it when you see it and
have the good luck to get it
... and keep it!!!

#3 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 29 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

Just want to mention that if you have an Android Phone, you most likely have a gmail account ;) (You need a gmail account to get ANY apps... well unless you root the device or sideload, but I mean normal people ;) )

Edited by MrkGrismer, 29 April 2013 - 01:01 PM.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users