3 replies to this topic

#1 bills

bills
  • Members
  • 2 posts
  • Visa type:K-1
  • te

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:34 PM

Hello my fiance is collecting some of her requirements and she noticed that her mothers name is spelled wrong. She also has a baptismal certificate but the date thats on there is a date before she was born which isnt even possible. So we're having some issues getting the requirements together.

Just wondering if anybody else had this issue and with their documents.. Is there anyway to correct them with the proper agencies? She says we need a fixer but im not to keen on the idea

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 27 March 2012 - 07:49 PM

She can get them corrected thru the proper agencies, and a fixer would be a bad idea.

Note that if the mispelling in the mother's maiden name is just a different vowel it probably does not need to be corrected.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 Gemini

Gemini
  • Members
  • 431 posts
  • lo

Posted 27 March 2012 - 11:05 PM

she needs to go to LCR/LOCAL CIVIL REGISTRAR in their barangay where she live, so she can get it fix there! the fees is about 1,000 pesos or so depends where she live! i got my family name mispelled when i was single and i went to LCR because they are the only one fixing it because our record from date of birth is with them only. She can get a baptismal cert. anytime she wants and the fees is not about 100 pesos because that depends also where she live! i have my mom's family name mispelled also but the most important was my father's family name because that's the one i was using for my documents and not my mother's name so i think that would be ok even her mother's name mispelled, as what the LCR told me! so, tell her to get a baptismal cert.,,,,unless her father's name is correct and also her birth certificate is correct so that would be ok! hope this will help.

Edited by Gemini, 27 March 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#4 shipscook

shipscook
  • Members
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:Civic works, Cooking, sailing, Diving, Motorbiking
  • em

Posted 28 March 2012 - 01:29 AM

Sad to say, that this is not an uncommon "event".
Apparently the Local registars are very "sloppy" when it comes to documents.
Wrong name, wonrg birthsdate, wrong gender, everything is possible and with great frequency !

And it isn't always easy to fix THEIR mistakes.
Often expensive (to the costs of the Applicant !) Court filings and Publications of the desired amendments are necessary, inspite of the mistake made by the government Employee.

SO ITS IS ABSOLUTELY MANDATORY TO CHECK ANY DOCUMENT THOUROUGHLY, EVEN AT EVENTS SUCH AS WEDDINGS,WHEN OEN USUALLY IS IN JOYOUS MODE AND WHEN HE GETS "ASSURED" THAT THE MISPELLING WOULD BE CORRECTED> IT WILL NOT and one has only a few weeks time to protest and demand corrections of Marriage Cerificates.
Same with birth certs and other legal documents.

On my first mariage we rather lived with the mispelling in the Passport instead, the mothers name started with an "O" but in the documents it became an "A".
This is not an advise to have documents spelled worng, but in my case it was easier to change the mothers documents then the wifes ones.

However, the practical advise from me is to go to the lowest Civil registar such as Municipal Hall and try humbly to ask them to amend the documents. If they insist on proper legal court proceedings one was either not humble enough or the person in charge was in a bad mood.
It's moot to accuse the Government to blame them for THEI mistake, this will just lead to counter reactions and costly court proceedings. Please bear in mind, that "being right" isn't alway the ideal way in the Philippines.

Well, and if the "Municipio" or other Goverment Agnecy insists on proper proceedings, one has no choice but to go the long way in correction of the faulty entries.

Corrupting the People may help a little, but isn't everybodies "Cheese".

Again-If new documents are issued, check them VERY VERY careful, in my experience about 20% of papers is spelled wrong or false. No exagarration ! Mostly those papers are insignificant, however, one day they may become significant, so be patient and ask for FREE alterations of newly issued documents. A week later it would cost money !

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users