Don't know how to do something

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 11:17 PM

Sometimes we see things others do in their posts and wish we could do them, asking is the best way to learn, since none of us knows all the answers. I know that I am still learning all the time and I have been on forums for quite a few years, so some of your questions might help me or someone else learn how to do something when asked and answered.

Another quick tip, place your mouse on any of the icons next to the smiley emoticon above, and hold it there and it will then tell you what that icon is used for.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#2 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 16 December 2011 - 03:35 PM

Also, you can click the 'edit' button on somebody else's post to see how they did stuff. It won't let you save your edits (unless you are a mod or admin) but you can see how they did stuff.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

#3 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:01 PM

Also, you can click the 'edit' button on somebody else's post to see how they did stuff. It won't let you save your edits (unless you are a mod or admin) but you can see how they did stuff.

I believe only moderators or admins have that ability. Members should only be able to edit their own posts and not even see an edit function on other members posts, well that is all I can see on this forum and how I know other forums have been set up, so I am guessing it is the same on here.

Edited by Mr. Lee, 16 December 2011 - 05:00 PM.

Retired, happily married since 94 & live part time in Cebu City and the rest of the time in Florida, USA.

#4 Mr. Lee

Mr. Lee
  • Moderators
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 04:10 PM

One of the things I had done as an admin on a number of forums that I used to be an admin on, was set up a test account such as Mr. Lee's Test account (of course with the owners permission where applicable) and then change it to different member categories when members in those categories had some problems, Moderators and Admins see many things members do not see, so at least with me, I had forgot what members would see and needed to look for myself so I could help the member and see if that member category had an issue my category did not have, and often found it did by checking that way.

Every time forum upgrades get put in, seems settings change, so need to be double checked again and some hooks re-installed.

Edited by Mr. Lee, 16 December 2011 - 05:03 PM.

#5 MrkGrismer

MrkGrismer
  • Moderators
  • 12,855 posts
  • Visa type:Naturalization, None
  • lo

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:34 PM

I believe only moderators or admins have that ability. Members should only be able to edit their own posts and not even see an edit function on other members posts, well that is all I can see on this forum and how I know other forums have been set up, so I am guessing it is the same on here.

There is no edit buttons on other people's posts here? There used to be :( On many forums there is.

Well, you can also hit the reply (with quotes, just reply here) and it should copy most of what they typed, but it won't copy stuff inside the [ quote ] tags.

If you believe Modern Sporting Rifles have a legitimate use, please like, share and participate on: https://www.facebook...tamateSportsmen

http://www.uscis.gov...0004718190aRCRD

Medical Exams – A caller explained that the civil surgeon who completed the medical exam used the wrong form and then wanted to charge an indigent refugee to reprocess the paperwork on the correct form. What recourse does an applicant have if this occurs?

USCIS Response: Customers should notify the Director of their local office when they have a complaint about a civil surgeon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users